Zaydens case; tech question to experts and surgeons

I have started a new thread due to the overload.

Looking at the pics I just realised that there may be a significant error of the surgery that goes beyond bad luck and may demand litigation as falling below the duty of care.

It looks like a flap was performed but in contrast to the standard for this work, the flap was taken from the very boarder of the balding area which, I believe is a prohibited area for the flap donor. Worse still, the flap taken on the side of the discoloured area was taken at a totally diferent angle such that on closure of the deficit the bald scalp was pulled down into the donor area. In fact on that side any undermining or expansion must have been performed such that the bald tissue was pulled down rather than the hair bearing skin pulled up.

An expert could discount this or validate it since, to me, it looks very clear.

Any thoughts?

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=6715&page=0&category=0&order=last_answer

My only problem is the fact that Zayden said himself that hair grows within the discolored area AND he said he was going to grow it for a while and take more pictures.

Dr. Harris said he wanted to reserve his judgement for the mooment while his hair grows.

Anyway, Marco what do you think about Zayden saying that hair grows it there?

» My only problem is the fact that Zayden said himself that hair grows within
» the discolored area AND he said he was going to grow it for a while and
» take more pictures.
»
» Dr. Harris said he wanted to reserve his judgement for the mooment while
» his hair grows.
»
» Anyway, Marco what do you think about Zayden saying that hair grows it
» there?

they were talking about this very case on another well known hair transplant site, definitley a sad case.

» take more pictures.
»
» his hair grows.
»
» there?

You know what, at the risk of jumping the gun, I can see exactly what happened. On the unmarked side a standard flap was lifted. You can see where the dog ear was cut and the direction of the hair confirms this (it slopes backwards). On the coloured side a totally different concept was used and it is no wonder that it is completely unsymmetric. A section of the hair bearing colored area was advanced forward creating a new temple area on that side. The non hairbairing colored skin was then pulled down on closure. Look carefully at the pics and follow where the hair is moved based on the scars. No hair is going to grow into what we see as the colored area. If you look on that side you will see that the moved hair also has colored skin.

I suggest that the surgeons may not have seen all of this because it is easy to miss something that an expert assume would never be done by a colleague.

I have added two pics below to demonstrate what I mean. The pics show the standard flap on one side and there is a circle that shows where the dog ear was removed. The arrow shows where the flap was lifted to. The double headed arrow shows the direction of wound closure.

The other pic shows the flap manouvre on the coloured side again the arrow and double arrow have the same meaning.

» take more pictures.
»
» his hair grows.
»
» there?

i didn’t mean that the hair is growing in a good way , i just mean a small tiny hair found even after shaving it, but still hair in the couloured area is not growing or even noticed( its still bald ) , all i wanted to say that the area is not dead as these small tiny hair is growing again after shaving ( i think it won’t be clear on a photo but i can feel it with my hands after shaving the area a small tiny hair grow again

» » My only problem is the fact that Zayden said himself that hair grows
» within
» » the discolored area AND he said he was going to grow it for a while and
» » take more pictures.
» »
» » Dr. Harris said he wanted to reserve his judgement for the mooment
» while
» » his hair grows.
» »
» » Anyway, Marco what do you think about Zayden saying that hair grows it
» » there?
»
»
» i didn’t mean that the hair is growing in a good way , i just mean a small
» tiny hair found even after shaving it, but still hair in the couloured area
» is not growing or even noticed( its still bald ) , all i wanted to say that
» the area is not dead as these small tiny hair is growing again after
» shaving ( i think it won’t be clear on a photo but i can feel it with my
» hands after shaving the area a small tiny hair grow again

Zayden, I understand that but as you can see from my thoughts in this post, the original surgery may have fallen a long way below any professional standard. It seems to me that this was not a flap procedure that is ever performed by an HT surgeon.

I’m just waiting for your next pictures. :slight_smile:

» I’m just waiting for your next pictures. :slight_smile:

it will not differ so much :slight_smile: