Zayden repair

Frodo why don’t you make a new thread and see if Dr. Woods or any other doc mentioned on here did not want to help? Just because they did not come out and broadcast there responses on here does not mean they would not have. Maybe it’s not there style? And Dr. A did ask for opinions and one was given one. No drama here it’s not a soap opera

»
» What about the angulation of some of the hair from the flap, are you going
» to correct that?

No. That will not be required.

» Angulation!!! angulation!!! how on earth was that handled!!!
»

Dear Marco,
I thought long before designing Zayden’s hair restoration.
You are correct - angulation is one of the key problems.
We converted it to part of the solution.

Most flap repairs are not performed in this manner.
In Zayden’s case, we designed the hair restoration such as to incorporate major portion of the flaps in the hairline and frontal restored areas.

Pictures posted illustrate this.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Don’t be ridiculous Frodo. This is a tuff case. But not “The most
» impossible.” .Any improvement is a bonus. And correction of bad flaps and
» scarring are around the internet you just have to look. I know Woods . and
» Cole have a few. I like the post op work looks very promising. But what I
» don’t like is the marketing. I think if any patient looking for repair
» first contacts a doc in private has the work done and reports after with
» detail. It’s a much better approach.

I disagree. What you suggested is backward thinking, why can’t I let people know what kind of repair work I need and get some feedback from posters? That’s what the internet is for.

“why can’t I let people know what kind of repair work I need and get some feedback from posters?” you can it’s a good thing this was not my point. No need to elaborate further I made several comments about it here already. You can agree or disagree no matter to me. Now I wish the best outcome for this patient.

» Zayden I agree with posting your updates and results. You are doing the
» board a favor and it’s a good thing. I remember when you first posted and
» asking for ideas . People recomended docs and you could have had David
» contact them for you. I know only 2 responded but for example if 5 or 6
» responded the ones that you did not chose it be all over here and just
» another topic for people to comment on. I have seen this before. That is
» what I meant about the marketing thing. Good luck and look forward to
» seeing you get a nice repair you deserve it.

I see, now I got your point and it was far away of what I have understood, and I agree with your point of view.

» » Zayden I agree with posting your updates and results. You are doing the
» » board a favor and it’s a good thing. I remember when you first posted
» and
» » asking for ideas . People recomended docs and you could have had David
» » contact them for you. I know only 2 responded but for example if 5 or 6
» » responded the ones that you did not chose it be all over here and just
» » another topic for people to comment on. I have seen this before. That
» is
» » what I meant about the marketing thing. Good luck and look forward to
» » seeing you get a nice repair you deserve it.
»
»
» I see, now I got your point and it was far away of what I have understood,
» and I agree with your point of view.

Zayden it’s good that you got his point, I thought it was just me, I have no idea what he is getting at, something about you shouldn’t post your pics or update??? WTF ?

» » » Zayden I agree with posting your updates and results. You are doing
» the
» » » board a favor and it’s a good thing. I remember when you first
» posted
» » and
» » » asking for ideas . People recomended docs and you could have had
» David
» » » contact them for you. I know only 2 responded but for example if 5 or 6
responded the ones that you did not chose it be all over here and just
another topic for people to comment on. I have seen this before. That
» » is
» » » what I meant about the marketing thing. Good luck and look forward to
» » » seeing you get a nice repair you deserve it.
» »
» »
» » I see, now I got your point and it was far away of what I have
» understood,
» » and I agree with your point of view.
»
» Zayden it’s good that you got his point, I thought it was just me, I have
» no idea what he is getting at, something about you shouldn’t post your pics
» or update??? WTF ?

No of crs, he agrees about posting the pictures and updates, (please check what mentioned above in red). he means its better when doctors offers help, to be through hairsite and not inside the forum, and once its known the doctor who will do the procedure, then it can be published, just to avoid comparison between doctors. that’s what I understood and I hope its right

I don’t remember a whole lot of docs beating down this guy’s door when he originally posted his case online.

Now, this will be an amazing repair case if a decent appearance can be wrung out of the available donor hair and situation. That’s all that matters.

As for the specifics of the repair:

I would vote to try to pull as many grafts as possible out of the offending left temple area, and just recreate a hairline where it should be (like a NW#2) instead of where the flap has wrongly left it. I would try to just raid that area of the flap of all its grafts entirely.

Of course this will leave the area visibly scarred (it already is anyway) on the exposed corner of his temple with the hairs removed. But I think he would probably be better off left with a visibly scarred corner of his forehead if it means he has a hairline that basically looks like it’s shaped correctly.

He’s going to be left with something visibly wrong that area either way. I think I would prefer having a more normal looking hairline and the visible skin scarring, instead of having a hairline that still oddly intrudes onto his forehead like the flap left him with. Nothing is perfect but the correct hairline is the better compromise to make in my opinion.

»
» He’s going to be left with something visibly wrong that area either way.
» I think I would prefer having a more normal looking hairline and the
» visible skin scarring, instead of having a hairline that still oddly
» intrudes onto his forehead like the flap left him with. Nothing is perfect
» but the correct hairline is the better compromise to make in my opinion.

I can shave it with a razor and I already did , but the discoloration is the main problem as it affects the frontal hairline appearance.

The following pictures show where the strips were taken, (arrow marks point to the strip scars), and where the grafts were transplanted in an attempt to camoflage the flaps.
Unfortunately, it didnt help.

Dr. A, does he look as bad as it does in the pics or worse when you met him in person the first time? My heart goes out to him, only 25 and has to live with scars like that.

» But what I
» don’t like is the marketing. I think if any patient looking for repair
» first contacts a doc in private has the work done and reports after with
» detail. It’s a much better approach.

Eveery doctor, clinic, consultant who posts a before after pic is a sales pitch in itself, there is no way you can avoid that, is that why you suggested that a behind-the-scene approach is better? Frankly I don’t see how that is going to improve anything.

" is that why you suggested that a behind-the-scene approach is better? " No. Read through the thread. And look at Zaydens answers. He get’s it.

I did not want to comment on this aspect of Dr. Woods reply earlier. Now, I do. Its sad to see a great doctor like Dr. Woods stooping out of petty motives to downplay this repair case.
I expected better from you, Dr. Woods. Its not the first time that Zayden’s case was discussed. If it was, in your opinion, such an easy repair, you should have commented so before. Zayden and all of us would have been so happy and relieved.
Its sad you resorted to such ungentleman like statements at this stage of Zayden’s repair journey.
Maybe, you have your reasons for not giving your advise before. They do not appear genuine to me by your posts on this thread. To me, it seems like you have a grudge agauinst Dr. A and want to do anything to gratify it.

You say that Zayden should have asked hairsite to contact Dr. Woods.
By that same criteria, I’d say, if Dr. Woods thought Zayden’s case was so simple and he could help him, Dr. Woods should have emailed Hairsite in private and told him he can help Zayden.
I dont remember Dr. Arvind saying he can help Zayden online. Where is the marketing aspect in this except where Dr. Woods jumped into this thread claiming it to be a simple one. That post from Dr. Woods is the most blatant salesy pitch I ever read.
Personally, I think Dr. Woods is a good doctor but needs to grow up and stop being so petty. When he does help badly scarred patients, I dont see Dr. Arvind or other doctors jumping on the thread claiming it was simple and they could have done it with their eyes half closed :slight_smile:
Dr. Arvind is one of the most accomplished hair transplant surgeons in the world today. That he took on Zayden’s case, when no one else was ready to, is a mark of his greatness and he deserves all the good wishes and applause from us all.

“You say that Zayden should have asked hairsite to contact Dr. Woods” No not Dr. Woods. All docs after getting opinions . Read .The patient knows exactly what I mean. Go look at his responses.

» “You say that Zayden should have asked hairsite to contact Dr. Woods” No
» not Dr. Woods. All docs after getting opinions . Read .The patient knows
» exactly what I mean. Go look at his responses.

I read your posts, you are contradicting yourself left and right, everybody is using the site for marketing, why can’t we talk about our cases on the board? get over it! Dr. Arvind is doing a wonderful thing helping Zayden, yet you tried to portray him as the bad guy here. Who do you work for? fess up.

Who said you can’t talk about it??? Read.! Long time poster here many of friends I know got messed up with bad ht’s. And I want to see this gut Zayden get a good repair and looks like he is on his way. Work for construction is what I do. I just do not like the way this case was marketed. That is it nothing more. And I am way over it. Good luck on your ht journey.