Wow...a lot has changed here

Hi guys,

Been away for a couple years and i see a lot of exciting news to catch up on. Would anyone care to give me a quick run down on where we are with some general info. I see Intercytex is moving along nicely…so is Aderans with phase I.

What to give a special shout out to James Bond and JTR…what’s up fellas :slight_smile:

cheers,
MT

Aderans’ trial is a mystery to most of us. But Intercytex is well ahead now, phase 2 trial is supposed to be completed the end of this year. That’s all I know. Exciting times :slight_smile:

Thanks, MT. You sure have been gone a long time! Welcome back!

I’m still around, but very busy with work right about now and for the foreseeable future. I’m also trying to arrange a trip to talk to ICX in Manchester, UK. I’ll keep y’all posted…

A lot has changed but some things will never change, if you ask around the concensus is that HM is still 5 years away.

Hey,

It is indeed exciting, but the big news will be whether or not Intercytex has decent results with HM. Let’s cross our fingers. But you should also note that there’s another company also working on a “cure” for baldness – Follica, Inc. They will start preliminary human trials in about a year. Not that big of a deal compared to Aderans and Intercytex, but their research team is about as well-connected as you can get. Plus they’re tackling baldness from a different route combining dermabrasion (scraping the scalp to engender stemm-cell like conditions) with a laser or topical (to induce hair growth). This works well in mice, but we don’t know about humans yet…

Regardless, there’s no doubt it’s better to be bald now than ever before. Just imagine Poor Julius Caesar – he would’ve killed for meds like propecia, hair transplantation, and the promise of hair multiplication – not to mention the more realistic wigs/pieces that are now available.

All the best,
BB

» Hi guys,
»
» Been away for a couple years and i see a lot of exciting news to catch up
» on. Would anyone care to give me a quick run down on where we are with
» some general info. I see Intercytex is moving along nicely…so is
» Aderans with phase I.
»
» What to give a special shout out to James Bond and JTR…what’s up fellas
» :slight_smile:
»
» cheers,
» MT

It may look that way, but really it has not…still a bunch of guys who are losing days of their lives hanging onto the hope that this is it and hair will give them there lives back…

if ICX is to pull it off great…but to me , in the sceme of the big picture we are still at the GHO level…a TON of promises…yet not one solid picture of a NW 5-6 with a mop on his head…

once you do that you got investors INVESTING real money…right now you have the usual promises dragged on by the hopes and dreams of the desperate wheather it be hair or money…

show me the pics of a dence hairline on a previous NW5-6 …show me the protocal…show me something for dahm sake…what we have is all the same…

rumors, misled hope, extremely optimistic deadlines and not one solid picture of crap…

I mean think about it…has anything else changed? what changed is a bunch of guys who were hangin on Gho left and moved on with their lives (like yourself" and a bunch of new guys came in hangin on ICX… but what has not changed is an pictures of a protocal who was bald and has anything even close to a good HT…

a matter of fact you dont even have any pics of a NW 2 with any minor cosmetic improvement to his hairline…

all this from a company who claims the cure to baldness and we estimate in 2009?

PLEASE…

desperation distorts the mind…thats what these boards have taught me…

» Hi guys,
»
» Been away for a couple years and i see a lot of exciting news to catch up
» on. Would anyone care to give me a quick run down on where we are with
» some general info. I see Intercytex is moving along nicely…so is
» Aderans with phase I.
»
» What to give a special shout out to James Bond and JTR…what’s up fellas
» :slight_smile:
»
» cheers,
» MT

Hey, what’s up MT? Long time no see! Some things have changed, but everything is still pretty much the same. We still have the believers vs. the doubters, and we are still waiting for the cure that is just around the corner. So in a way, you haven’t missed a thing.

Aderans is in phase I, and ICX is in phase II. Later on this year, we should get some info from the trials, but other than that, everything else is speculation–just like the old days :slight_smile:

But things are, as you say, progressing nicely. Slowly but surely, the HM dream is coming closer to becoming reality.

Brilliant post man !

Good to hear from you JTR and thanks. I’m pretty busy myself so just trying to pick up from where I left off here. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. BTW, when are you hopping to make a trip out to ICX?

regards,
MT

» Thanks, MT. You sure have been gone a long time! Welcome back!
»
» I’m still around, but very busy with work right about now and for the
» foreseeable future. I’m also trying to arrange a trip to talk to ICX in
» Manchester, UK. I’ll keep y’all posted…

Hey there JB. Hope everything is well. I see that somethings are the same, but it appears, to me at least, when you take a look at the big picture, we are definitely making progress with ICX in phase II and Aderans in phase I. ICX’s phase I results should add a bit of optimism for us all by showing that HM does actually work. It’s just a matter of refining the technology to give us satisfactory result, where consistency is the first major hurdle. It’ll be here…we just have to be patient.

regards,
MT

»
» Hey, what’s up MT? Long time no see! Some things have changed, but
» everything is still pretty much the same. We still have the believers vs.
» the doubters, and we are still waiting for the cure that is just around
» the corner. So in a way, you haven’t missed a thing.
»
» Aderans is in phase I, and ICX is in phase II. Later on this year, we
» should get some info from the trials, but other than that, everything else
» is speculation–just like the old days :slight_smile:
»
» But things are, as you say, progressing nicely. Slowly but surely, the HM
» dream is coming closer to becoming reality.

We’ll get there johnp

» A lot has changed but some things will never change, if you ask around the
» concensus is that HM is still 5 years away.

thanks for the quick run down ixan :slight_smile:

» Aderans’ trial is a mystery to most of us. But Intercytex is well ahead
» now, phase 2 trial is supposed to be completed the end of this year.
» That’s all I know. Exciting times :slight_smile:

Hi BostonB,

There’s no doubt that HM works. The only thing now is to make it work on a consistent basis. There’s still a lot of work ahead, but we’ll eventually get there. The important thing is to be realistic and patient because we may run into some delays, but make no mistake about it…we’ll get there.

cheers :slight_smile:

» Hey,
»
» It is indeed exciting, but the big news will be whether or not Intercytex
» has decent results with HM. Let’s cross our fingers. But you should also
» note that there’s another company also working on a “cure” for baldness –
» Follica, Inc. They will start preliminary human trials in about a year. Not
» that big of a deal compared to Aderans and Intercytex, but their research
» team is about as well-connected as you can get. Plus they’re tackling
» baldness from a different route combining dermabrasion (scraping the scalp
» to engender stemm-cell like conditions) with a laser or topical (to induce
» hair growth). This works well in mice, but we don’t know about humans
» yet…
»
» Regardless, there’s no doubt it’s better to be bald now than ever before.
» Just imagine Poor Julius Caesar – he would’ve killed for meds like
» propecia, hair transplantation, and the promise of hair multiplication –
» not to mention the more realistic wigs/pieces that are now available.
»
» All the best,
» BB
»
» » Hi guys,
» »
» » Been away for a couple years and i see a lot of exciting news to catch
» up
» » on. Would anyone care to give me a quick run down on where we are with
» » some general info. I see Intercytex is moving along nicely…so is
» » Aderans with phase I.
» »
» » What to give a special shout out to James Bond and JTR…what’s up
» fellas
» » :slight_smile:
» »
» » cheers,
» » MT

» Hey there JB. Hope everything is well. I see that somethings are the
» same, but it appears, to me at least, when you take a look at the big
» picture, we are definitely making progress with ICX in phase II and
» Aderans in phase I. ICX’s phase I results should add a bit of optimism
» for us all by showing that HM does actually work. It’s just a matter of
» refining the technology to give us satisfactory result, where consistency
» is the first major hurdle. It’ll be here…we just have to be patient.
»
» regards,
» MT
»
I agree, and I think phase II results are going to be very inspiring, but with some consistency issues as you say. The reason I say things are pretty much the same as they used to be is that Gho jumped out way ahead of everyone, so once the others joined in, we had to go around in a circle again while they played catch-up. But this time around is much more interesting than the last time, and quite a bit better funded too. :slight_smile:

» Good to hear from you JTR and thanks. I’m pretty busy myself so just
» trying to pick up from where I left off here. I’ve got a lot of catching
» up to do. BTW, when are you hopping to make a trip out to ICX?

MT,

I was in Europe last month and intended to take a side trip to England, but I hurt my knee so I decided not to. There are even direct flights to Manchester from where I live so I may just do it that way. I also have to meet with some business contacts and friends there (eventually), so I could do it all in one trip. Should be pretty soon… next 2-3 months I’d say.

JB,

You mentioned that Gho leap way ahead of everyone. Could you please give me a quick summary of exactly what he’s doing?

thanks,
MT

» » Hey there JB. Hope everything is well. I see that somethings are the
» » same, but it appears, to me at least, when you take a look at the big
» » picture, we are definitely making progress with ICX in phase II and
» » Aderans in phase I. ICX’s phase I results should add a bit of optimism
» » for us all by showing that HM does actually work. It’s just a matter
» of
» » refining the technology to give us satisfactory result, where
» consistency
» » is the first major hurdle. It’ll be here…we just have to be patient.
» »
» » regards,
» » MT
» »
» I agree, and I think phase II results are going to be very inspiring, but
» with some consistency issues as you say. The reason I say things are
» pretty much the same as they used to be is that Gho jumped out way ahead
» of everyone, so once the others joined in, we had to go around in a circle
» again while they played catch-up. But this time around is much more
» interesting than the last time, and quite a bit better funded too. :slight_smile:

» JB,
»
» You mentioned that Gho leap way ahead of everyone. Could you please give
» me a quick summary of exactly what he’s doing?
»
» thanks,
» MT

What I meant is that he foresaw everybody else, so he went through a series of progressions during his attempt to commercialize HM. When others jumped into the HM game, they did not pick up where Gho left off. Instead, they had to go through the same series of progressions that he did and make the same mistakes miscalculation of timeline etc.

So we are approaching a time where ICX has finally caught up to where Gho left off many years ago–phase II human trials. The difference is that Gho went through several rounds of trials and could never establish proper consistency. Let’s hope ICX has better results. I believe ICX’ first phase II trial will be impressive due to the success rate of phase I. But we’ll have to wait and see.

As for Gho’s recent work, as far as I know he is continuing to offer HST and appears to be aiming his market more toward the local level than the international level. My belief is that he does not like international notoriety and would prefer to stay relatively small and put the majority of his effort toward research. As you know, he has spent many years attempting to figure out the minimal amount of stromal tissue necessary to result in consistent HM. His latest efforts have been put toward being able to implant plucked hair soaked in stromal tissue cells. This is actually something I have spent many years wondering if he was ever going to attempt to tackle. I believe he is also continuing to test cellular HM on a very small but ongoing scale. And of course, he funds his research by giving HST treatments.

Gho’s ability to think outside the box has impressed me far more than any other HM scientist. He is actually a quite astonishing thinker. But there are always trade-offs when you walk on the outside, so I think that he has certain limitations as well.

It’s 2007 and we are BALD !!! Still have not seen any pictures of the procedure that might give us our hair back. Alec

jackson said:
» desperation distorts the mind…thats what these boards have taught me…
»
Very strange indeed, you mean:
desperation distorts the mind… into nurturing hope…

You’re right Intercytex had to go trough everything Gho went but the difference is Gho was alone and ICX are around 70 people to think :slight_smile: Which means they should have way better solution than Gho…