Wounding

With all the talk about wounding, it made me think about the product advertised on TV called procede. If I understand correctly the product is essentially caustic and perhaps like a depilatory and perhaps causes some mild damge to the skin. I realize people arent growing all there hair back with this stuff and alot of people spoke of how the product destroyed and or frizzed out their existing hair. I am wondering if the product works to any degree however small if it is working through a wounding mechanism.

It seems to me that it might have a small effect on a bald area where your not worried about damaging the quality of existing hair. Of course even if it does work to any degree anytime you apply it it would screw up the hair that it helped to grow which of course would make people not so eager to use it.

I just wonder if there is any amount however small of hairgrowth from this treatment if it has to do with the wounding affect of the product.

I also wonder if this was used with the chemicals people talk about on here if it might be effective in creating a wounding scenario without taking a cheese grader to your head that you could apply the chemicals too.

Anybody have any Idea on this? I dont have any theories on this just something that crossed my mind.