William Rassman: HM is "10+ years away"

If you posters took a look at the FAQ at Intercytex, they don’t mention an HT being used for the hairline. Kemp said that before Phase II started. Keep in mind, that was being said from Phase I results. Phase II results so far are confusing, but they might be hiding something.

» If you posters took a look at the FAQ at Intercytex, they don’t mention an
» HT being used for the hairline. Kemp said that before Phase II started.

If you took a look at my post, you’ll notice that I never said it was ICX who mentioned that. I just made a reasonable guess.

» Phase II results so far are confusing, but they might be hiding something.

These results are also from an incomplete mid-study phase.

» If you took a look at my post, you’ll notice that I never said it was ICX
» who mentioned that. I just made a reasonable guess.

Didn’t read that, my fault.

» » Phase II results so far are confusing, but they might be hiding
» something.
»
» These results are also from an incomplete mid-study phase.

It was incomplete true, we don’t really know what’s going on.

to be truthful i am just thankful to even maintain what I have, that is not an easy task for 8 yrs

I would not mind a transplant, but
strip scar, numbness pain forget it

the main problem with transplants is insufficient donor hair and future thinning

most guys i see on the transplant board, in my opinion, over harvest their donor hair in order to get a cosmetically nice appearance, some use 6000 grafts on the top front, and it looks fantastic

only problem is

if you really only have about 8000 to potentially work with, you only have 2000 grafts left for the rest of your life and if you go to a NW 7 you will look absolutely ridiculous with a bald halo around transplanted hairs, that you will have nothign left to fill in the bald halo with, this to me is nuts but so many guys do it nowadays

to me the whole transplant thing is so unpredictable not necessarily the today result, easy to find great docs now, but the future balding that may take place with no donor hair left to fill it in

I would not put all my future thinning eggs in the HM basket, thinking I will use up all my donor hair for my current transplants, and HM will come to the rescue

the quality of the hairs produced, may not even be cosmetically acceptable, and even if it is, it may not be produced in sufficient quantity to be of significant value as a donor source, or filler component, however that may play out

» to be truthful i am just thankful to even maintain what I have, that is not
» an easy task for 8 yrs
»
» I would not mind a transplant, but
» strip scar, numbness pain forget it
»
» the main problem with transplants is insufficient donor hair and future
» thinning
»
» most guys i see on the transplant board, in my opinion, over harvest their
» donor hair in order to get a cosmetically nice appearance, some use 6000
» grafts on the top front, and it looks fantastic
»
» only problem is
»
» if you really only have about 8000 to potentially work with, you only have
» 2000 grafts left for the rest of your life and if you go to a NW 7 you will
» look absolutely ridiculous with a bald halo around transplanted hairs,
» that you will have nothign left to fill in the bald halo with, this to me
» is nuts but so many guys do it nowadays
»
» to me the whole transplant thing is so unpredictable not necessarily the
» today result, easy to find great docs now, but the future balding that may
» take place with no donor hair left to fill it in
»
» I would not put all my future thinning eggs in the HM basket, thinking I
» will use up all my donor hair for my current transplants, and HM will come
» to the rescue
»
» the quality of the hairs produced, may not even be cosmetically
» acceptable, and even if it is, it may not be produced in sufficient
» quantity to be of significant value as a donor source, or filler
» component, however that may play out

nah i definately would not want to get a HT now thinking HM will be out when i HOPE it will be out - 2010 at least.

once they have perfected HM more and it is a FACT that it will be released in a reasonable timeframe then I will look at HT’s more seriously, but for right now i just look at the before and after photos. i see those guys getting 6,000 grafts all up front as well and i kinda shake my head but i wish them well. i couldn’t do it though. baldness is too unpredictable and that is a lot of money to use up all my donor hair.

if HM worked then i still wouldnt get more than 1,500 to 2,000 FUE grafts for the hairline though and leave the rest for HM…but until HM is released or their is an OFFICIAL release date i am just trying to maintain. Towards the end of next summer will be the news i’m waiting for with HM where the patients have had more than six months of growth.