Will these wirey hairs return to normal post HT?

Im 7 months and a few days post FUE HT, and i have lots of very wirey looking hairs, they look and feel like wire, very dry and wirey,very unnatural looking, especially the temples and on the left side of the hairline. They dont feel at all like real hair, real hair is soft and smooth and this is very harsh and hard looking. Is this because they are damaged during the procedure? They are also very kinky like pubic hairs and stick out like ive been electricuted. Definetly cant go in public like this which is very disapointing despite seeing 95% of people on here and other blogs/video’s looking very good and have full growth by 7 months. I also have spots where no hair has grown in at all yet and by 7 months i see everybody elses pictures and they have full growth by 7 months, the hairs just continue to thicken and mature from then, but i have spots where the hair hasnt even grown in yet at all, so im pretty worried that its not going to grow at all because ive seen the people who’s results were looking like this and they had a result that didnt fully grow. My camera is messed up so i cant take pics . The only reason i got an HT was beause i seen most people have good results. My temples also look thin like i have hairloss still. Also, the transplanted hairs are darker then my existing hair and my existing hair is not ligher because its thinning. Will the transplanted hair lighten? . Any help would be great to hear. Thanks.

From my experience…

First off… you are still EARLY. Dont panic. No Need to.

The Armani clinic told me (and they were right) that you will still see growth up to about 12 months or so…

Have you done the POST OP program rigorously?

If after about 12 months you still have thin/no growth in areas that WERE TRANSPLANTED, then something unusual is afoot. Check with the clinic and see what they say/do for you. The Armani clinic was there for me for ALL MY QUESTIONS AT ALL TIMES and pretty much ANY GOOD BUSINESS (not just a clinic) will be there to take care of a customer AFTER THE SALE.

Have you called the clinic as well? What did they say?

Have you cut down all your hair with a fresh haircut?

When i got my HT I noticed some hairs in certain sections were growing faster than others… it made me kinda freak out but Dr Armani said it could happen and isnt something worth getting stressed over… So what I did was go to me stylist and she shaved down my head and then I saw everything regrowing at normal speeds.

In terms of color I never had/ currently have any issues there… maybe the shaved down and regrow idea would work here too as the new hair are essestinal just that NEW. Fresh, young… see if a fresh cut down/start will be a differnce.

PLUS …

I find that if you shave it down, the POST OP regimen is easier, and also it looks kinda cool too because youll see the full design of your HL. you wont look like you are balding, just shaved down.

Some PICS WOULD DEFINETLY BE HELPFUL.take some on your or a friends cell phone at least …

Buy a camera at future shop take the pics and return it ! hehehe (it works!)

Cheers and chin up… worrying will get you NO WHERE.

MoM

» From my experience…
»
» First off… you are still EARLY. Dont panic. No Need to.
»
» The Armani clinic told me (and they were right) that you will still see
» growth up to about 12 months or so…
»
» Have you done the POST OP program rigorously?
»
» If after about 12 months you still have thin/no growth in areas that WERE
» TRANSPLANTED, then something unusual is afoot. Check with the clinic and
» see what they say/do for you. The Armani clinic was there for me for ALL MY
» QUESTIONS AT ALL TIMES and pretty much ANY GOOD BUSINESS (not just a
» clinic) will be there to take care of a customer AFTER THE SALE.
»
» Have you called the clinic as well? What did they say?
»
» Have you cut down all your hair with a fresh haircut?
»
» When i got my HT I noticed some hairs in certain sections were growing
» faster than others… it made me kinda freak out but Dr Armani said it
» could happen and isnt something worth getting stressed over… So what I
» did was go to me stylist and she shaved down my head and then I saw
» everything regrowing at normal speeds.
»
» In terms of color I never had/ currently have any issues there… maybe
» the shaved down and regrow idea would work here too as the new hair are
» essestinal just that NEW. Fresh, young… see if a fresh cut down/start
» will be a differnce.
»
» PLUS …
»
» I find that if you shave it down, the POST OP regimen is easier, and also
» it looks kinda cool too because youll see the full design of your HL. you
» wont look like you are balding, just shaved down.
»
» Some PICS WOULD DEFINETLY BE HELPFUL.take some on your or a friends cell
» phone at least …
»
» Buy a camera at future shop take the pics and return it ! hehehe (it
» works!)
»
» Cheers and chin up… worrying will get you NO WHERE.
»
» MoM

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out. Im only really concerned mostly at the moment with the texture of the hairs as they are like wirey and hard feeling, not soft like normal hair. Also, i cant shave my head down as my donor doesnt look to great, they took a little too much from some area’s leaving it a bit patchy which i dont like so i grow my hair out longer.

Those kinked hairs are due to androgens, not anything to do with the HT itself. Androgens acting on the hair follicle ARs cause the hair to become wiry and ‘kinked’ in some subjects. It’s difficult to say which androgens specifically cause this, but I’ve heard reports of guys who went on a 5ar inhibitor and noticed that their previously ‘kinked’ hair returned to normal - this might obviously point to DHT being the main culprit, but most likely to some extent it is all androgens that activate the ARs.

Interestingly, I have read (and seen for myself) women with female androgenetic alopecia who get these kinked hairs, too. The hormonal profile of women losing hair is not normally the same as men. Unlike in males, DHT (but also Testosterone) is not generally above normal in women experiencing hair loss, but Androstenedione is. More than likely this points to the fact that these kinked hairs can be a result of any androgenic activity at the hair follicle.

Other such reports of these ‘kinked’ hairs showing up are in female to male transexuals using Testosterone therapy and also males supplementing Testosterone as a treatment for an unusually low baseline Testosterone level.

» Those kinked hairs are due to androgens, not anything to do with the HT
» itself. Androgens acting on the hair follicle ARs cause the hair to become
» wiry and ‘kinked’ in some subjects. It’s difficult to say which androgens
» specifically cause this, but I’ve heard reports of guys who went on a 5ar
» inhibitor and noticed that their previously ‘kinked’ hair returned to
» normal - this might obviously point to DHT being the main culprit, but most
» likely to some extent it is all androgens that activate the ARs.
»
» Interestingly, I have read (and seen for myself) women with female
» androgenetic alopecia who get these kinked hairs, too. The hormonal profile
» of women losing hair is not normally the same as men. Unlike in males, DHT
» (but also Testosterone) is not generally above normal in women experiencing
» hair loss, but Androstenedione is. More than likely this points to the fact
» that these kinked hairs can be a result of any androgenic activity at the
» hair follicle.
»
» Other such reports of these ‘kinked’ hairs showing up are in female to
» male transexuals using Testosterone therapy and also males supplementing
» Testosterone as a treatment for an unusually low baseline Testosterone
» level.

No these kinked hairs are not due to androgens as there arent like this on the sides of my head. Im hoping the grafts werent damaged and that these wirey kinky pubic looking hairs will look like the rest of my hair soon.

Bump!

» No these kinked hairs are not due to androgens as there arent like this on
» the sides of my head. Im hoping the grafts werent damaged and that these
» wirey kinky pubic looking hairs will look like the rest of my hair soon.
»
»
» Bump!

The reason the hairs on the side of your head are not like that is because that area is not genetically prone to balding in the same way. Using your logic, you might expect every hair on your body to have the same characteristic, seeing as they are all being affected by androgens in some way - but they do not. The hair you have replaced through transplantation is in a cellular environment that is not genetically programmed to have hair growing on it (you are, unfortunately, genetically pre-determined to lose your hair in that area), so your transplanted hair is being acted upon by androgens in a different manner than the hair that you have on the side of your head - which you are probably genetically pre-determined to never lose.