Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Why only 100 injections?

In phase 1 and 2 they have had 100 injections in a 1 cm2 area. Why limit to 100? Why couldn´t one have 200 injections? or doesn´t more injections equal more produced hairs?

if i remember exaclty:

in phase I 100 injection
in phase II 100 + 900 injection (where the 100 has been made in a completely bald area)

» if i remember exaclty:
»
» in phase I 100 injection
» in phase II 100 + 900 injection (where the 100 has been made in a
» completely bald area)

but both the 100 injections where on the same size area. I am thinking of density here, why would not 200 injections in the same area tested in phase 1 and 2 yield twice as much hair? Can someone explain this?

» » if i remember exaclty:
» »
» » in phase I 100 injection
» » in phase II 100 + 900 injection (where the 100 has been made in a
» » completely bald area)
»
» but both the 100 injections where on the same size area. I am thinking of
» density here, why would not 200 injections in the same area tested in
» phase 1 and 2 yield twice as much hair? Can someone explain this?

Um, people can read the first post you made. No need to keep posting that question.

» I am thinking of density here, why would not 200 injections in the same area

oops sorry, i dont know why =\ maybe 200 were too much ?! I’ve never read anything about that

If they are trying to look at follicular rejuvination…maybe there is a optimal density of injections to cause this to happen ??? Or it could be easier to count regrowth if they stick to a limited density (for the trials) ??? There could be alot of reasons…but I really wish they would get moving on this…they are trying to “cure” baldness and they are using groups of what was it…six if I remember correctly ??? And a year and a half between trail one and trial two ???

» In phase 1 and 2 they have had 100 injections in a 1 cm2 area. Why limit to
» 100? Why couldn´t one have 200 injections? or doesn´t more injections equal
» more produced hairs?

IMO, it would be very difficult to perform 200 injections in 1cm^2 and maintain a recognizable pattern. In addition, more than 100 injections in a single session would increase the scalp inflammation and trauma to a point that could interfere with the result. Also, 100 is a nice number to use as a percentage indicator.

Keep in mind that phase I used 100 injections to 1cm^2 that already had hair. Using the same number of injections in phase II makes a good comparison between injecting a totally bald area and a thinning area. Since only 2 of 5 grew hair without epidermis stimulation in phase II, it appears TRC might work better in thinning areas than totally bald areas, but more info is necessary to be certain.

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.