Why only 100 injections?

In phase 1 and 2 they have had 100 injections in a 1 cm2 area. Why limit to 100? Why couldn´t one have 200 injections? or doesn´t more injections equal more produced hairs?

if i remember exaclty:

in phase I 100 injection
in phase II 100 + 900 injection (where the 100 has been made in a completely bald area)

» if i remember exaclty:
»
» in phase I 100 injection
» in phase II 100 + 900 injection (where the 100 has been made in a
» completely bald area)

but both the 100 injections where on the same size area. I am thinking of density here, why would not 200 injections in the same area tested in phase 1 and 2 yield twice as much hair? Can someone explain this?

» » if i remember exaclty:
» »
» » in phase I 100 injection
» » in phase II 100 + 900 injection (where the 100 has been made in a
» » completely bald area)
»
» but both the 100 injections where on the same size area. I am thinking of
» density here, why would not 200 injections in the same area tested in
» phase 1 and 2 yield twice as much hair? Can someone explain this?

Um, people can read the first post you made. No need to keep posting that question.

» I am thinking of density here, why would not 200 injections in the same area

oops sorry, i dont know why =\ maybe 200 were too much ?! I’ve never read anything about that

If they are trying to look at follicular rejuvination…maybe there is a optimal density of injections to cause this to happen ??? Or it could be easier to count regrowth if they stick to a limited density (for the trials) ??? There could be alot of reasons…but I really wish they would get moving on this…they are trying to “cure” baldness and they are using groups of what was it…six if I remember correctly ??? And a year and a half between trail one and trial two ???

» In phase 1 and 2 they have had 100 injections in a 1 cm2 area. Why limit to
» 100? Why couldn´t one have 200 injections? or doesn´t more injections equal
» more produced hairs?

IMO, it would be very difficult to perform 200 injections in 1cm^2 and maintain a recognizable pattern. In addition, more than 100 injections in a single session would increase the scalp inflammation and trauma to a point that could interfere with the result. Also, 100 is a nice number to use as a percentage indicator.

Keep in mind that phase I used 100 injections to 1cm^2 that already had hair. Using the same number of injections in phase II makes a good comparison between injecting a totally bald area and a thinning area. Since only 2 of 5 grew hair without epidermis stimulation in phase II, it appears TRC might work better in thinning areas than totally bald areas, but more info is necessary to be certain.