Why not start a Consortium to protect our Interest?

<deleted - user request>

» » i) Raising money would be easy, since we would have a trusted public
» » company working for bald people with only one goal on its manifesto!
» »
» » ii) Even if we get 100,000 bald men to donate $1,000…we would have
» $100
» » million in liquid cash at startup. Obviously, there are many rich bald
» men
» » out there who wouldn’t mind donating even more!
»
» It is painfully obvious that mainstream science views hair loss as a
» trivial problem. So, why shouldn’t we baldies put our fates in our own
» hands for a change and raise some money and do something about this
» dreaded affliction?

I can’t believe this discussion is actually taking place. This is by far the best piece of news that I’ve read on this board. This is the only way we can directly participate, control and have a say on hairloss research and have a direct involvement in the way it’s carried out and developed.

I know that there will be dozens of people that will argue on how difficult/improbable/outlandish this proposal is. The truth is that true medical research is dead. Everything is controlled by major corporations and conglomarate interest.

Please remember that True and effective politics is the one that is exercised locally and that involves an actual participation from citizens. The rest is just phoney propaganda.

So it’s about time we take this matter on our hands. We have the numbers. Most of us have the money. We have the absolute determination to eradicate this curse which has been severely affecting the quality of our lives.

What we need know is to communicate effectively among ourselves. Establish our goals. Put a structure in place. Hire competent people (preferebly bald) to manage the key areas of this operation.

Please if someone thinks he/she has the know how necessary for this project do come forward.

On my part I am ready to help as much as I possibly can. You can have my 1000 dollars. They might turn out to be the best money I’ve ever spent.

I am ready for revolution and change. Are you?

First off we need a good lawyer…

» » you want 100.000 persons to donate 1.000 $? wow, you re dreaming. do you
» » know how much advertising you have to do to get so much money together?
» » its not that easy like you think…
»
» Feel free to keep coming to this board for the next 10-20 years of your
» life during which everyone will call you bipolar and companies like
» Intercytex will f**k around with your dreams!
»
» :smiley:
»
»
»
» We only need to create media buzz…the media will advertise our cause
» “OMG these bald people are raising millions for baldness while people are
» dying of cancer, aids, …bla bla bla”

if you think investing 1000 dollars in this idea is good
i have a letter from the govt of Nigeria , they want to transfer 20 million dollars into your account and you get to keep 4 million dollars of it. just for your cooperation.

you guys are sharp, thats for sure

» i have a letter from the govt of Nigeria , they want to transfer 20
» million dollars into your account and you get to keep 4 million dollars of
» it. just for your cooperation.

Huh???

HanginInThere, feel free to post in this thread if you have any Constructive comments/arguments!

First off we need a good lawyer…

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Thanks Willy, Bald-Half-Truth and LatinLover for your e-mails.
As soon as goata and Nick have e-mailed me, too, I will start the mailing list.
Best wishes
Andreas

I think, that a good lawyer with experience in non-profit corporation founding makes sense.
As some of you are interested in donating some 1000 dollars (this is really GREAT!!!): Could one of you imagine to use a part of his/her money to fund a professional lawyer? This would be exremely helpful.
Best wishes
Andreas

God this place has gone down hill. There are 3 people who should be allowed to post here. Benji, Bryan, and Rev. These are the only guys who actually talk about and know the science, and they are the only ones I’ve ever learned anything from about HM. This type of day-dream crap should be moved to off-topic immediately.

» » i have a letter from the govt of Nigeria , they want to transfer 20
» » million dollars into your account and you get to keep 4 million dollars
» of
» » it. just for your cooperation.
»
» Huh???
»
» HanginInThere, feel free to post in this thread if you have any
» Constructive comments/arguments!

translation, i think the 1000 per person thing is far fetched, wont happen never will…even if you have the expertise to get it going, which you do not, …you will never get 100,000 guys to chip in 1000 bucks each

constructive , I interpret my input as real, You guys are living in la la land

If you want to put thoughts on the board be prepared for people to disagree with them, thats called life

fckhrls:
God this place has gone down hill. There are 3 people who should be allowed to post here. Benji, Bryan, and Rev. These are the only guys who actually talk about and know the science, and they are the only ones I’ve ever learned anything from about HM. This type of day-dream crap should be moved to off-topic immediately.

I appreciate being on your list, but I know very little about HM other than what I google/ get off forums. I also think it’s important to stay positive about this entire ordeal (which I think is half the battle).

Re: X-Prize. I’m not opposed to an X-Prize for technological advancements, but I’m clueless how anyone could implement it for something biological. Forget the logistics of implementing the darn thing, and consider ethics. For example, would we reward somebody that found a cure, but did so giving participants cancer?

Besides that, the whole concept is moot. The proposed Hair-Prize wouldn’t fund progress (experimentation/ research); it would only reward results. Companies need money for research, they’d have access to a $150+ Billion market once they yield results (at which point they wouldn’t need a prize).

<deleted - user request>

I don’t really understand your ethics issue. Obviously, we are not going
to reward a company that is giving cancer to the study participants.
These studies would not bring about a product anyways.

As far as the issue with the reward, milestones could be rewarded.
Companies that show true promise could be rewarded when they show proof of
results. This would aid them in continued research and essence supports
their experimentation/research.

Something tells me the financial requirements would quickly exceed collections; R&D isn’t cheap. Truthfully, that’s why we have the stock market… it’s a more efficient way to fund large scale projects.

<deleted - user request>

A lot of people talk big about how much they’d gladly pay to see some kind of HM really work.

But it seems like a lot of the same people are posting on threads pissed off about paying $100-300 a year or something for Finasteride pills. They’re trying all sorts of generic overseas pills & pill-splitting schemes in an effort to save the price of a tank of gasoline per year on hair preservation.

» We have had some significant pledge offers (via e-mail) but not the volume
» of people that are necessary.

Why does that not surprise me…

» » We have had some significant pledge offers (via e-mail) but not the
» volume
» » of people that are necessary.
»
» Why does that not surprise me…

Pledge list

Rev 5 dollars, will pay additional 5 dollars end of month hoping mom will pay him for cleaning out the garage and washing her car

Willy 9 dollars will add more when can sell half used bottle of Rogaine, hopefully

Thegeek, …2 dollars will pay balance of 1000 by 2015

Baldie42 . a buck and change, waiting for the new job application to go through will let you know

<deleted - user request>

Most guys on the HM board know nothing about it, including you, so your statement is true however include yourself in the description of everyone on the board

as for coming to this board to feel important I can think of nothing that illustrates this more than a guy with the delusion that he can raise 100 million dollars and fund hair research…what bigger grander self important project could you possibly think of

never will happen, but sounds good to talk about , doesnt it:-D :smiley:

<deleted - user request>