Why i think i got a lot of regrowth on the dht blockers

lets say you are losing 300 hairs per day, for a few months, lets say 350, which i was. This happened in 1999, 10 yrs into my thinning hair problem, and I had until then used only vitamins and minerals with variable success , succeeding in slowing down but not stopping the progression of my balding. In 1999 suddenly i started a massive, shed. No matter if I ate a perfect diet, no matter what supplements i took that I had always relied on, it did no good, the shed continued. It was then that i added the saw palmetto, out of desperation. since i had heard it is helpful for thinning hair.

lets say normal is 100 per day so that is 250 per day above normal for 60 days thats 15,000 hairs lost beyond the normal replacement cycle . You might be replacing your hair normally but it continues to shed at a highly abnormal rate so you basically view yourself getting thinner and thinner. If you can bring your thinning back down to a normal level, personally i think those that say 100 hairs per day is normal are too high, i don’t lose anywhere near that many…anyway, if you can normalize your fallout, all that hair that was shedding like crazy will replace itself normally then stay put now, so for all practical purposes you are regrowing that hair…you will notice a huge thickening and additional hair on the head if you can stop a massive shedding

so in my opinion thats what happened when i added the SP, I went from about 300 hairs per day, loss down to about 20 hairs per day, within 3 weeks. i would say within a year i had 25 percent more hair on my head that was shedding before and now was allowed to replace itself and stay put on my head
make sense?

now this may not be what guys traditionally think of when they talk about regrowth, but its only semantics. If you notice hair on your hair that was not there 6 months ago, if your see through hair that is 85 percent gone, is now no longer see through, what is the difference how it happened. To me I consider that regrowth. If I had not added my dht blockers, granted I am a lucky responder…I feel my top would have been bald within 2 yrs, and now it looks better than it did in 1999/ Now the crown was gone, for 10 yrs before i added saw palmetto, so i did not expect results and it has not responded at all to any regimen i have tried. but the sides back, and top front have thickened i would say about to three times the thickness in 1999 before i added the dht blockers. Granted much of this was a massive shed that regrew, but to me it makes no difference, what matters is my hair has stabilized and now looks much better than before. who can ask more than that?
I only wish this regimen works on everyone the same as it did for me.

Just proposing another way to look at the word regrowth

» lets say you are losing 300 hairs per day, for a few months, lets say 350,
» which i was. This happened in 1999, 10 yrs into my thinning hair problem,
» and I had until then used only vitamins and minerals with variable success
» , succeeding in slowing down but not stopping the progression of my
» balding. In 1999 suddenly i started a massive, shed. No matter if I ate a
» perfect diet, no matter what supplements i took that I had always relied
» on, it did no good, the shed continued. It was then that i added the saw
» palmetto, out of desperation. since i had heard it is helpful for thinning
» hair.
»
» lets say normal is 100 per day so that is 250 per day above normal for 60
» days thats 15,000 hairs lost beyond the normal replacement cycle . You
» might be replacing your hair normally but it continues to shed at a highly
» abnormal rate so you basically view yourself getting thinner and thinner.
» If you can bring your thinning back down to a normal level, personally i
» think those that say 100 hairs per day is normal are too high, i don’t
» lose anywhere near that many…anyway, if you can normalize
» your fallout, all that hair that was shedding like crazy will replace
» itself normally then stay put now, so for all practical purposes you are
» regrowing that hair…you will notice a huge thickening and
» additional hair on the head if you can stop a massive shedding
»
» so in my opinion thats what happened when i added the SP, I went from
» about 300 hairs per day, loss down to about 20 hairs per day, within 3
» weeks. i would say within a year i had 25 percent more hair on my head
» that was shedding before and now was allowed to replace itself and stay
» put on my head
» make sense?
»
» now this may not be what guys traditionally think of when they talk about
» regrowth, but its only semantics. If you notice hair on your hair that was
» not there 6 months ago, if your see through hair that is 85 percent gone,
» is now no longer see through, what is the difference how it happened. To
» me I consider that regrowth. If I had not added my dht blockers, granted I
» am a lucky responder…I feel my top would have been bald within 2
» yrs, and now it looks better than it did in 1999/ Now the crown was gone,
» for 10 yrs before i added saw palmetto, so i did not expect results and it
» has not responded at all to any regimen i have tried. but the sides back,
» and top front have thickened i would say about to three times the
» thickness in 1999 before i added the dht blockers. Granted much of this
» was a massive shed that regrew, but to me it makes no difference, what
» matters is my hair has stabilized and now looks much better than before.
» who can ask more than that?
» I only wish this regimen works on everyone the same as it did for me.
»
»
» Just proposing another way to look at the word regrowth

Sounds pretty believable and sound to me, Hangin’. I’m a newbie to this board (as a poster), but I’ve had some good luck with something close to the regime you post. Like you (apparently), I haven’t been totally consistent.

Did you ever try a non-natural DHT blocker like Dutasteride? If so, how’d it work? If not, any particular reason – or was it just 'cause you didn’t feel you needed it?

I’m on it now and it’s too early to tell except it does a good job of stopping my scalp itch which I am convinced was related to hair loss (since it was always occurring in places of heavier hair thinning).

never tried the DUT heard some stange things about side effects and systemic absorbtion

my scalp itch went away for the most part when i started the dht blockers, i think it has something to do, the inflammation, with the bodys immune system attacking the DHT

I have found (read or experienced myself) that natural DHT blockers may be of some assistance to certain areas of the scalp (e.g. the top), but even this is for a limited period. The areas one is able to maintain with DHT blockers are usually exclusive of the temple and crown.

There is so much more to hair loss than “blocking one’s DHT,” which itself may have side effects, including but not limited to erectile dysfunction, brain fog, insomnia, and nervousness.

» I have found (read or experienced myself) that natural DHT blockers may be
» of some assistance to certain areas of the scalp (e.g. the top), but even
» this is for a limited period. The areas one is able to maintain with DHT
» blockers are usually exclusive of the temple and crown.
»
» There is so much more to hair loss than “blocking one’s DHT,” which itself
» may have side effects, including but not limited to erectile dysfunction,
» brain fog, insomnia, and nervousness.

if you are speaking of blocking production of dht with leads to decrease in serum dht levels, agreed. That is why propecia has libido and erectile disfunction problems among others. Saw palmetto has been shown to not decrease serum dht levels while propecia does decrease serum dht. so they are not interchangeable.

i have maintained my temple, with the dht blockers however, it is difficult to tell with the crown i started with no hair there and continue to have it, Had i started with hair there i would be able to tell if it can maintain crown hair. I do not see why the crown would be any different though than other areas of the scalp

i think you widowspeak and hangin, will be better able to answer my question regarding saw palmetto.

when i first started saw palmetto it was provillus, aged 20. after taking it for 2/3 weeks i pretty much instantaneoulsy noticed my hair felt strong at the roots and shedding was pretty much down to 2 a day. i even got regrowth on my right temple ( which was much better than my left temple) just below it practically on my forehead, which was a weird place to have a hair grow.
it was a thick dark coloured hair in the middle of noweher this stayed while i discountinued saw palmetto for a couple of monthsm until later on i decide to pluck it out for my own reasons which will be explained later.

i then started nourkrin going back and forth stopping once a month and then restarting again, and wasnt consistent with these supplements, i know this was wrong of me and should have been more consistent i only started supplements when i used got spooked by seeing hairs falling out when i shower, but i did not realise this could be normal growth cycle sheds.

anyway i started saw palmetto AND beta sis last year

the beta sis supplment contained red yeast rice as well as a bunch of other sterols, this supplemnet was intended for choleterol lowering.

i took this supplemnt not knowing that it could cause hair loss, red yeast rice can cause hair los apprently, and choletrols lowering drugs (statins) can cause hair loss as well.

i was taking this for 3 months and my hair fell out by the bucket loads while i was on this. my temples receeded and the left side of my scalp was becoming diffuse, now the temple loss in my view is due to the beta sis as it is in the MPB regions and the diffuse loss im thinking its due to the red yeast rice.
also while i was on this combo im sure i experinced hyperandrogenicity, i had acne, i had scalp pimples, oily face, water sperm, a HIGH sex drive.

bear in mind i have a great response to saw palmetto when i was on it the first time round, i had a single THICK dark hair grow just below my temple/hairline on the forehead which was an unusal place to grow hair. plus daily fallout reduced siginificantly.

now im THINKING of going back on saw palmetto to see how that will effect me and wanted to know what you guys think?

bear in mind i did notice hyperandrogenicty while i was on beta sis/saw pal combo BUT when i was on sp first time round i di not notice this, but i supposehad i satyed on it longer the sp effects would probaly have worn off over time and dht product would probably upregulate to balance the levels (homeostasis)?

what do you guys think?

i was wondering if starting of a low dose of saw palmetto to inhibit only a SLIGHT amount of dht and slowly build up over time may help? but i suppose if you lower dht the body will try to find a balance, i think im pretty certain this would probaly have occured the first time round had i satyed on it longer.