Why are there so many contrasting results in the hair transplant industry

hey everybody, i have been researching for a couple of years on numerous hair forums, i have looked at numerous pictures and videos, and i have come to one conclusion , and it is im totally confused, i have seen pictures and videos of guys with exactly the same hair characteristics the same amount of hairloss getting the same amount of grafts from the same doctor (top surgeons included), one guy gets great results the other gets average or sometime meager results, what is the reason for this , is it down to the doctor and his techs on the day , are they like sports people one day they are on top form the next day they have lost that form, or is it something to do with the patients pre and post op routine, are some people carless with their post op routine, while others are meticulous, the more i research transplants the more i get disillusioned , i hear conflicting views all the time, some guys say transplants are unbelievable that they have changed their lifes and they have got the results they wanted, other guys say that you should firstly see a hair transplant patient in person and 9 times out of 10 you will be very disappointed that transplanted hair is thin and looks even thinner under harsh lighting that it is more or less a waste of money, im 32 yrs old, i have minor thinning of the hairline and a little temple recession my hair is medium thick and i have good donar densisty ,and mpb does not run on both sides of my family sounds like im a great canidate for a hair transplant, unfortunately i have seen other great canidates and their results turned out very average , i have nearly got to the point that if my hairline does continue to thin , that i will shave the hairline off and get a partial hair system , least this way you are guarenteed a nice thick dense hairline, whats other peoples views on this subject , im from ireland is their any hair transplant patients from ireland or the uk that would be willing to meet up , especially guys with what is considered a dense hairline transplant im sorry guys for all the questions but i just want to be sure before spending what i consider a substantial amount of money on something that might make no difference at all , id be gratefull for some good advice thanks guys

I would have to disagree slightly. I think the truly top clinics are quite consistent and is what truly sets the top 2-3 clinics of the world apart from the rest.

» I would have to disagree slightly. I think the truly top clinics are quite
» consistent and is what truly sets the top 2-3 clinics of the world apart
» from the rest.

I’m highly suspicious of your answer due to seeing perhaps two before/after results per momth coming from these top 2-3 clinics that average at least a HT per day.

The unique hair characteristics and biochemical make up of patients doesn’t allow for a perfect HT every time–even if performed by the most skilled surgeon in the world. Thus, some patients are better candidates for HT than others, and this has a very large effect on individual results. For instance, some patients have thin hair and low hairs per FU. These patients can’t possibly look like patients with better hair characteristics. On top of that, you have differences in the way the body heals from the operation, etc.

I would agree that the top 2-3 clinics have much better consistency than the worst 2-3 clinics. And that is what sets the top 2-3 clinics apart from the rest. But no clinic has perfect consistency, and any clinic claiming such is setting themselves up for patient disatisfaction. IMO, the most important thing any clinic can do is educate patients so they have realistic expectations of the range of results they can expect. But that, of course, sells a lot less HT’s than claiming every patient gets a perfect HT.

This is officially the longest sentence in the world :smiley:

» hey everybody, i have been researching for a couple of years on numerous
» hair forums, i have looked at numerous pictures and videos, and i have come
» to one conclusion , and it is im totally confused, i have seen pictures and
» videos of guys with exactly the same hair characteristics the same amount
» of hairloss getting the same amount of grafts from the same doctor (top
» surgeons included), one guy gets great results the other gets average or
» sometime meager results, what is the reason for this , is it down to the
» doctor and his techs on the day , are they like sports people one day they
» are on top form the next day they have lost that form, or is it something
» to do with the patients pre and post op routine, are some people carless
» with their post op routine, while others are meticulous, the more i
» research transplants the more i get disillusioned , i hear conflicting
» views all the time, some guys say transplants are unbelievable that they
» have changed their lifes and they have got the results they wanted, other
» guys say that you should firstly see a hair transplant patient in person
» and 9 times out of 10 you will be very disappointed that transplanted hair
» is thin and looks even thinner under harsh lighting that it is more or less
» a waste of money, im 32 yrs old, i have minor thinning of the hairline and
» a little temple recession my hair is medium thick and i have good donar
» densisty ,and mpb does not run on both sides of my family sounds like im a
» great canidate for a hair transplant, unfortunately i have seen other great
» canidates and their results turned out very average , i have nearly got to
» the point that if my hairline does continue to thin , that i will shave the
» hairline off and get a partial hair system , least this way you are
» guarenteed a nice thick dense hairline, whats other peoples views on this
» subject , im from ireland is their any hair transplant patients from
» ireland or the uk that would be willing to meet up , especially guys with
» what is considered a dense hairline transplant im sorry guys for all the
» questions but i just want to be sure before spending what i consider a
» substantial amount of money on something that might make no difference at
» all , id be gratefull for some good advice thanks guys

» I would have to disagree slightly. I think the truly top clinics are quite
» consistent and is what truly sets the top 2-3 clinics of the world apart
» from the rest.

Pats,

Yes, and I understand why you feel Armani is one of these “top clinics.” The work that they did on your hair line is excellent. Still waiting to see an updated picture of your crown, however.

Can you approximate the average yield of an Armani hair transplant? Let’s say a client of yours wants 1000 grafts. What percentage of these grafts will you guarantee to grow hair, given the “consistency” provided at an Armani clinic, 25%? 50%? 75%? 100%?

Mind you, he is paying for 1000 grafts at $7 per. If, say, only half of these grafts grow, then he has just paid 14 dollars per (viable) graft. If only 25% of these grafts grow, that is 28 dollars per graft.

Impossible, I know, but wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear of a clinic who waited until they determined the number of grafts that actually grew hair, before charging their client money.

You asked this same exact question on another thread. Do not hijack thread…start your own thread. Don’t stalk poor pats :lookaround:

» » I would have to disagree slightly. I think the truly top clinics are
» quite
» » consistent and is what truly sets the top 2-3 clinics of the world
» apart
» » from the rest.
»
» Pats,
»
» Yes, and I understand why you feel Armani is one of these “top clinics.”
» The work that they did on your hair line is excellent. Still waiting to
» see an updated picture of your crown, however.
»
» Can you approximate the average yield of an Armani hair transplant? Let’s
» say a client of yours wants 1000 grafts. What percentage of these grafts
» will you guarantee to grow hair, given the “consistency” provided at an
» Armani clinic, 25%? 50%? 75%? 100%?
»
» Mind you, he is paying for 1000 grafts at $7 per. If, say, only half of
» these grafts grow, then he has just paid 14 dollars per (viable) graft. If
» only 25% of these grafts grow, that is 28 dollars per graft.
»
» Impossible, I know, but wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear of a clinic who
» waited until they determined the number of grafts that actually grew hair,
» before charging their client money.

LOL! Yes, I did ask the same question. Still…no answer…maybe someone else can answer it for me?