What you need to know

its good to know how good a doctors results are

it is more important to know how bad his results are

Unfortunately, these facts are buiried, concealed, and protected from disclosure.

you only see the good… the tip of the iceberg, but what lurks beneth is what you need to know

read the disclaimer well in advance

never trust before after pics…in this age of technology, its absurd and potentially deceptive…its like taking before and after oil paintings…even the most basic smart phone takes HD video, so use it

i don’t post much cause i am over the bs. I thought things would change.

instead, one form of donor destruction ( strip excision) was replaced by another ( rapid fire punch)

Finally, if in doubt…DON’T

hair loss is not a disease, it is natural, and good women could not care less

but if your wife or girlfriend is PUSHING you to do it,brothers, I give you one last piece of advice…get a private dectective

Dr Ray Woods

The younger the man is, the less likely he is to lose his hair.

That’s possible evidence for baldness to have been subject to the negative force of natural selection.

If so, the remember anything that threatens the passing of your genes to the next generation is about as serious as it gets.

I also suspect that men who inherit baldness from their mothers are more likely to lose their hair at a younger age, as when the gene or genes for early-onset baldness “hide” in a woman, those genes would be more likely to be passed down to the woman’s children.

I don’t think anyone’s ever looked to see if inheriting baldness from the mother is more likely to result in early onset of hair loss, than when the gene or genes are inherited from the father.

Hair loss might well be a factor women have inherited a tendency to be repulsed by, because from the evolutionary standpoint, a good head of hair on a man would have been one of the signals of good health, and so indicate a man who is likely to produce healthy children and who will live to help provide for those children.

Compounding the negative results of mating with a bald man, would be that the woman’s descendants would be more likely to be bald, and so more likely to fail at passing her genes down once more or at least fail to pass them down by mating with a high quality woman.

This might be why hitting the gym and developing a redoubtable physique would help to offset the impression baldness gives of bad health.

I also suspect that the younger the woman the more likely she will be repulsed by hair loss. Older women, being in less demand, are more likely to compromise when it comes to picking a mate (and in some cases, women will have already made babies with the hairy bad boy who won’t marry them or who beats them, so they then find a nice bald man to marry to help her raise the other man’s kids, in return for companionship and sex).

Sorry if that hurts, but the truth will set us free.

And if hair loss is as serious as I suspect, then only by society’s being honest about that fact, will potential treatments be fast-tracked to market.

And meanwhile it would be more likely that a head covering or wig would be accepted.

After all, an eye patch or a glass eye is worn for cosmetic reasons, and no adult would ask the wearer “What do you think you’re hiding” or “Who are you trying to fool?”

The problem is that there is no good way of evaluating a doctor except for 1) before and after photos and 2) reading message boards and 3) meeting former patients. Yes, it can all be phony.

But if a doctor posts before and after, and you don’t like it, it’s revealing for obvious reasons. After looking at dozens of before and afters from a doctor, where the lighting does not seem contrived, one can get something of a picture of what the doctor is capable of.

I am less trusting of good reviews, but one or few bad reviews that stand out can also be malcontents. Look at the thousands of ratings for any product sold on Amazon. But over time, one can get something of a picture.

And to (3), how many are you likely to meet?

So, it’s definitely an imperfect analysis. But if there is a better way to go, aside from being baldy, I’d like to hear it…

CueBallBob

Every hair follicle is ireprepacable…once damaged, it is gone forever ,and nothing can change that.

keep firmly in your mind that each and evey follicule can NEVER be replicated . once transected, its over…

Before some oportunistic hack employs slave labour to drill holes into your head…THINK

I am not posting for clients…i am over that,

I just need you to know and think clealy, and hold those altering your life to account.

Dr Ray Woods

We really don’t have that many options so please don’t judge me if one day I decide to get a hair transplant :slight_smile:

This seems true. Surprised to talk to so many folks that have questiinable results from showcase clinics. At some social venues, posts are deleted or hidden. It is wrong but thats how some folks want to showcase or hide things possibly from unexpecting vulnerable patients. It is a tragedy, but the more folks inform transparently, the safer it is for everyone.

I think patients should do podcasts and inform others more and more. Doctors should be transparent and fair. We all know one has to make a living, but one should do so with integrity and honesty. Dont leave patients hanging. Make sure things are done in a safe manner and patient satisfaction is key. If you didnt deliver then consider refunding the poor guy or gal.

Now im seeing docs buy machines and hire many techs to run mill like services and it is obviously troubling. Whatever happened to do your own surgical work? Very few docs still honor that protocol.

Then you have some agents pissing on other docs they dont work for behind the scenes. And in pms they may try to sway you their way. It sucks but it is the nature of the game.

Before and after photos,what era are you living in ???

They are usually doctored and faked to the point of hollywood fantasy

Ask for before and after oil paintings , it will give close to the same BS effect

and when video is presented, be critical, check for smoke, mirrors and distraction, it is all part of the illusion

The truth is only there for those with eyes to see, the rest of you are unfortunate victims.

Dr Woods

Before and after photos are from another era? Usually faked? Maybe Sometimes faked. Here is a result posted on this site. While I suppose some expert CGI could have made the “after” photos appear much better than reality, I would doubt it. If these photos do not give a clue as to what the doc is capable of with some good donor hair, please let me know why. I’d love to hear it.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-132508-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

This is a great basic message. Believe little, and if in doubt, don’t do anything. Balding is natural. What I like most about the initial post is that Dr. Woods used the term “could not care less” as opposed to “could care less”. The former is the only way to use the term, the latter is almost always misspoken. Well done.

On to the meat, I think to say that most images are faked is giving too much credit to clinics. In my experience clinics simply don’t have the understanding of the technology necessary to fake their photos. Now, making the results look as good as possible, that is another story altogether, because doctors will use the best photos and video of a patient result to share online. Everyone is guilty of this, including you, but at the same time, what else are they supposed to do? Dr. Woods is guilty of the same thing so I see this as a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Thing is, there is nothing wrong with this as patients should have enough common sense to know that the best result will be shared, not the worst. Many times they don’t, and in fact, sometimes it is as if it has to be beaten into the patient’s head that what they see online is not as revealing as it could be, but one does what one can.

[i][b]"…it is more important to know how bad his results are

Unfortunately, these facts are buiried, concealed, and protected from disclosure.

you only see the good… the tip of the iceberg, but what lurks beneth is what you need to know

read the disclaimer well in advance"[/b] [/i]

I agree 100%. So the question becomes; who is going to be the first to reveal the rest of their iceberg? You? Will you be the first to step up and talk about the “buried, concealed and protected results” you’ve had that weren’t so great or will you instead continue to point out the evils of the industry because no one else will do what you will not do yourself?

And what is it with you and these disclaimers? You’ve harped about this for, not years, but decades. I have yet to see a form that a patient has to sign before surgery that binds them to any legal action or prevents them from talking about their procedure BEFORE they’ve had a procedure. Every form I’ve seen, from multiple clinics, is to document that they have given full disclosure to the patient based on their state or provincial requirements. You do realize that without consent forms in North America a clinic cannot get malpractice insurance, don’t you? Without malpractice insurance they cannot open their doors. I’m not saying these gag order forms don’t exist, but I have yet to come across a single one and I’ve seen the consent forms used by many many clinics.

So yes, look at results with the understanding that the result is not the same in every situation. Walk away from a clinic if they make you sign a gag order form before you have surgery. Understand that EVERY SINGLE DOCTOR in the hair transplant industry has some pissed off and/or depressed patients because the doctor fcked up. Let me repeat that last part; every.single. doctor. has pissed off and/or depressed patients because the doctor fcked up. If any doctor says they don’t have any f*ck ups. Walk out because they are a liar.

" On to the meat, I think to say that most images are faked is giving too much credit to clinics. In my experience clinics simply don’t have the understanding of the technology necessary to fake their photos."

…seriously ???..obviously you have never taken a selfie.

Photos have been faked from day 1.

lighting, angle, styling products etc etc etc. In 1989 I was sent advertising material from various clinics showing photos of miraculous transformations…and then realised it was all BS. As fate would have it , I even met a guy who did the photo fakery, but in most cases , everyone knows how to “get a good shot”, and conceal the truth by simple combover, lighting and angle, topik etc.

Videos are not honest when many thousands of grafts were quoted…but all that is shown is a bit of hairline…where is the rest ??..what is happening behind the hairline ??
So you cant always trust video. They are much better than photo but look for what is not being shown.

And no doctor in the history of the world , no matter how great, can claim 100% patient satisfaction rate…not me, not anyone.

HOWEVER, I HAVE NEVER "F…KED UP " anyones head, as you put it. That is a 100% claim that over 25 years with no legal disclaimer, is unsurpassed by any clinic in the world.

I have 25 years worth of info and video on what goes dramatically wrong.
I advise people on what to look out for to stay safe.

But the hair industry has a standard of care which has legally allowed the carnage…the law is on their side,and the disclaimers that a deformity may occur is solid and hard to dispute.

I am not taking on the standard of care in this industry ,or going to war with it. Legally I would be crushed…for telling the truth.

I can only advise on the dangers and what to look out for.
Since I blew the whistle 25 years ago, people have listened and it is no where near as bad as it was. I am happy to leave it at that

Dr Woods

One important point about the disclaimer joe Tillman didn’t quite explain

You see a doctor or their rep, get promised the world, but then sign a legal document stating that seriously bad results and damage may occur…perfectly routine…except for me

And when they do occur, which is much more frequent than people realise, the patient decides to use social media to warn his fellow bros to stay away from dr x.

But there is no privacy anymore, especially when money is at stake.

So the patient will be located and told…". Hey buddy…you were well aware things could go horribly wrong…you signed those 15 pages of apple like clauses and went into this with full disclosure and knowledge…and unfortunately for you, things went seriously wrong…very very sad…but don’t blame me or damage my reputation or practice by your unfortunate story or I am legally entitled to sue for defamation and financial loss to my business…"

I have innumerable patients who were seriously damaged elsewhere who are terrified to say a word…I understand their fears .

So yes, not every disclaimer has a specific gag clause because it is , as explained above, the " meat " of the disclaimer itself

So sure, feel free to divulge, but expect a legal response with defamation and financial compensation demands …so

My advice, read it carefully and decide what are reasonable side effects, and which clauses are a " get out of jail free" card for the production line / dubious clinic

You have a right to negotiate the terms of the disclaimer…REMEMBER THAT

Dr Woods

Hi Dr. Woods,

Regarding your first post response, you misquoted my statement and by keeping the entire paragraph in the quote contextual meaning would have been preserved.

On to the meat, I think to say that most images are faked is giving too much credit to clinics. In my experience clinics simply don’t have the understanding of the technology necessary to fake their photos. Now, making the results look as good as possible, that is another story altogether, because doctors will use the best photos and video of a patient result to share online. Everyone is guilty of this, including you, but at the same time, what else are they supposed to do? Dr. Woods is guilty of the same thing so I see this as a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Thing is, there is nothing wrong with this as patients should have enough common sense to know that the best result will be shared, not the worst. Many times they don’t, and in fact, sometimes it is as if it has to be beaten into the patient’s head that what they see online is not as revealing as it could be, but one does what one can.

In the above paragraph I’m talking about two separate scenarios. When I refer to you giving too much credit to doctors to manipulate photos I’m talking about photoshop or photo manipulating software because earlier you have mentioned how it is like Hollywood special effects, or something along those lines. You even said you met a guy that was responsible for this??? That is where I say that you give doctors too much credit. But then the part you left out was where I said that, yes, doctors do share only the best looking photos that reflect only the best case scenario of a result. I agree with this 100%. It is here that I mention that you do the exact same thing. You are just as guilty as any clinic when you show your results. In fact, when I look at your before/after photo gallery, with ten sets of photos (four of them are of you), four out of six results are in darker lighting than the before image and are out of focus. I think this has to do with you taking still images from your videos which is taking shortcuts. Buy a camera and learn to use it. You’re a smart man.

And no doctor in the history of the world , no matter how great, can claim 100% patient satisfaction rate…not me, not anyone.

HOWEVER, I HAVE NEVER "F…KED UP " anyones head, as you put it. That is a 100% claim that over 25 years with no legal disclaimer, is unsurpassed by any clinic in the world.

It’s good that you are open about not having 100% satisfaction rate (no one does) but I have news for you. When a patient is not satisfied, that’s a fck up. You may not think so because they aren’t left with a wide donor scar or punch plugs but when a patient doesn’t get the growth they expected, the density they expected or the coverage they expected, or the scarring just wasn’t as difficult to see as they hoped, they see it as a fck up. Period. This can’t be argued. Is it wrong? Of course not, you do the best you can do, but it is what it is.

I am not taking on the standard of care in this industry ,or going to war with it. Legally I would be crushed…for telling the truth.

I’m not sure how you think you would be “legally crushed” by taking on the standard of care in the industry. If you started naming names or “rocking the boat” (as one of your fans likes to say), then you’d have to back your accusations with proof and you’d be protected. With no proof you would in fact be crushed by the libel lawsuits that would result, and rightfully so, indeed. You can’t make specific accusations without proof. It is my opinion that if you wanted to take on the industry you would be concentrating on the current state of the FUE market and help to push the notion that a doctor should be doing the procedure, not a small army of technicians without formal medical training.

I can only advise on the dangers and what to look out for.
Since I blew the whistle 25 years ago, people have listened and it is no where near as bad as it was. I am happy to leave it at that

I’m not so sure. I think the current state of the industry is just as bad, if not worse, than it was ten years ago but in a different manner. Patients are not nearly as educated as they once were and you touched on this with your “rapid fire” comment. It has to do with how FUE has evolved since your introduction of the procedure and quite frankly I think you are responsible for much of how FUE has devolved to it’s current state. The marketing for FUE is absolutely out of control. Had you been more open about sharing the information that you still, to this day, keep secret then others would not have been forced to reinvent the wheel. Instead of charging 150,000.00 for a doctor to train with you a more modest fee of between 10K to 20K would have been easier to absorb and you would have been able to have more control over the evolution and penetration of the technique into the market. Even just licensing the rights for a modest fee would have allowed the procedure to spread in a more controlled manner thus making it less attractive to others to try it on their own. Now we have the Neografts of the world and, even more dangerous is the Turkish technician model that will soon permeate out of the third world and into Europe, North America and your own backyard in SE Asia.

You must feel sick seeing how your contribution to the field has been bastardized and turned into, literally and figuratively, a Turkish bazaar. I know I do. Did you know that Syrians are set up on the border with Turkey offering FUE for €300.00 per session? They advertise in local papers in Ankara and near the border. What I’ve seen with my own eyes would shock you. You can see some of it on my Youtube channel.

You’re being very selective of what you respond to and what you ignore…

You see a doctor or their rep, get promised the world, but then sign a legal document stating that seriously bad results and damage may occur…perfectly routine…except for me

I said in my first post to you…

You do realize that without consent forms in North America a clinic cannot get malpractice insurance, don’t you? Without malpractice insurance they cannot open their doors. I’m not saying these gag order forms don’t exist, but I have yet to come across a single one and I’ve seen the consent forms used by many many clinics.

Getting promised the world happens unfortunately but that is a different matter.

Australian law regarding informed consent is unusual in that you, as a doctor, are not required to give consent forms because the Australian government does not see FUE as being surgery. Informed consent is not needed for minor procedures or in cases of emergency where the patient is incapacitated. I believe this to be true based on my research but I may be wrong. Therefore, by law, you can get away with most anything you wish except for leaving a patient alone in the clinic to fetch “medications”. That’s a no-no. In North America and the EU a doctor, by law, has to provide forms of consent but to this day, and I asked you about this in my first post, I have never seen a gag order that must be signed before surgery except for one clinic in Canada, of which the doctor now has no license and is living in Dubai.

So please, Dr. Woods. I specifically ask you to tell us where these pre-surgery gag forms are and which clinics require pre-surgical gag order compliance? You have talked about gag forms before surgery for decades. Where are they? If you cannot answer specifically, and without deflecting, I must assume you’ve been making it up at worst or at best you’ve simply assumed this to be happening.

It is here that I mention that you do the exact same thing. You are just as guilty as any clinic when you show your results. In fact, when I look at your before/after photo gallery, with ten sets of photos (four of them are of you), four out of six results are in darker lighting than the before image and are out of focus. I think this has to do with you taking still images from your videos which is taking shortcuts. Buy a camera and learn to use it. You’re a smart man.

Joe, I was taking stills off a sony trv 17 in 1998 and before that, another now defunct camera 25 years ago when there were few alternatives

I REPEAT …25 YEARS AGO…If that is what you are refering to , well, you are being as honest as you were with your “melon head” deception

When video streaming came along I used it exclusively and DUMPED photos. OTHERS DID NOT

I use video exclusively for many, many years, while the clinics you defend by ITERATING , AND REITERATING their legal rights ( most of them) still stick MAINLY with bs photos or now questionable video…WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON ?

Joe, you want to be seen as an advocate of the poor ol patient, but you seem too eager to extole the legal rights of the clinics doing all the damage, and little to inform or fight for the patients legal rights

If you want to make a difference, you have got to take extreme heat, criticism, shills, scandal, lies, bs blogs, and enough to almost ruin your finances and personal life, as i have done for the past 25 freakin years.

If you want to go rogue, in a good way, be prepared, because there are too many egotistical reputations, and huge money at stake, so be prepared to get seriously burned, as i have…but still, after all these years, If anyone comes to me or posts on line legitimately that I ever F…KED up their head…I QUIT

Dr Woods

Taking better pics or videos ain’t gonna change the fact that it is still a surgery after all, it is not the perfect solution , I am sure there are just as many patients who got butchered while getting their face done.

No other branch of medicine, including cosmetic surgery, has been responsible for as much disfigurement, deformity, maiming, scarring and just straight crimes against humanity as the hair transplant industry.

So side by side thorough video is important.
Patient monitoring is imperative

And if a patient is damaged and scarred or disfigured by surgery, they must be free to share it and name the doctor responsible…BUT, wait a second, they signed a disclaimer stating HORROR RESULTS are “possible” and NOT the doctors fault.
In other words, the patient went in with full knowledge and disclosure that a disaster may occur…so dont blame the doctor.
And if you do, he is in his legal right to sue you for defamation and damages to reputation/income etc

So, 99.9% are too afraid to talk.

NOW, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO JOE, because I am sick of trying

Speaking of Joe, he went back 25 years to find 5 pics with poor lighting…taken with a SONY TRV 500, BUT, the videos were excellent…you can watch “roman…worlds first body hair” and others shown here from 1998…seems hes kinda obsessed with digging some dirt …so good luck with that Joe

By the way Joe, you disclose AFFILIATIONS with several clinics…can you disclose the nature of these affliations…and how keen are you to dig back 25 years to check if there are any "skeletons"in the closet…and if, hypothetically there were, how eager would you be to dislose it publically here with the same relish you found 5 or so photos of mine with lighting issues 20 years ago ??

Somehow, I don’t think you would be keen…just my opinion

As far as the history of FUE and what really happened , you know very little. If you go back some years here in the archives you might learn something.
But no, I think you are too busy trying to get a pathetic dirt file on me, while talking up your "affiliates"
Good luck gathering more "affiliates"
Dr Woods

Hi Dr. Woods,

We are getting off topic here but I’ll entertain your comment.

"Speaking of Joe, he went back 25 years to find 5 pics with poor lighting..taken with a SONY TRV 500, BUT, the videos were excellent..you can watch "roman..worlds first body hair" and others shown here from 1998...seems hes kinda obsessed with digging some dirt ..so good luck with that Joe

By the way Joe, you disclose AFFILIATIONS with several clinics…can you disclose the nature of these affliations…and how keen are you to dig back 25 years to check if there are any “skeletons"in the closet…and if, hypothetically there were, how eager would you be to dislose it publically here with the same relish you found 5 or so photos of mine with lighting issues 20 years ago ??”

I don’t know what you’re referring to by “digging some dirt” from 25 years ago. The photos I reference are on the latest and current version of your website. No digging required. This is your website, yes?

woodstechnique.com.au/hair-transplant-before-after/

If these photos are from 25 years ago, and you “dumped photos” altogether, why have them on your new website? Was it webmaster error? Whom I work with is irrelevant as is the 25 year history comment as I did not research through 25 years of your history for these photos. It took two clinics to find them. One click from your signature, the second click on your website. Done.

“So yes, not every disclaimer has a specific gag clause because it is , as explained above, the " meat " of the disclaimer itself”

The original issue is that you are making claims about how disclaimers work and you specifically stated that there are pre-surgical gag forms. This has been a consistent message from you and only now that your message has been challenged do you admit that there are in fact no pre-surgical gag forms to speak of.

I honestly had never given your warnings about this much thought but as I consider your message I realize that this has been part of your self-promotion from the start but it has been a twisted version of reality that simply doesn’t exist. I do not care how you promote yourself. I give you credit for being the first to standardize on video for your results but your warnings about disclaimers are either misguided by a lack of understanding or you are intentionally using your countries lack of oversight as an advantage that doesn’t actually exist. You are simply taking advantage of the fact that Australian law does not require you to gain patient consent while North American and EU laws do.

I am no legal scholar but what I do know is that if one wishes to discuss their surgery, for better or for worse, there is no law of any land that prevents them from doing so. Signing a consent form does not mean they cannot talk about their surgery. Signing a consent form does not mean they can be sued. Signing a consent form means that they acknowledge that the risks of surgery have been explained, regardless of any promises (which should never be made) and that the patient understands what has been stated. BY LAW a surgery cannot proceed without these forms being signed. That is a fact, of which you are not bound to, because Australian law does not require it for FUE.

Furthermore, if a patient does in fact find that they have had a surgery which did not work out as expected then they are free to discuss it. They simply need to stick to the facts and not embellish with opinions about what may or may not have been the intentions of anyone working on them nor can they make assumptions or make up lies to strengthen their position. Speaking the truth, as the verifiable and documented facts support, and nothing more, is perfectly legal. Period. Once assumptions are made by the patient that are disparaging or comments made that are not factual then the issue of libel comes into play.

The above cannot be misconstrued by you or anyone else as being a defense of clinics using disclaimers. It is simply the way the system works and it serves to PROTECT both parties involved. In fact, it is these same disclaimers and consent forms that would compel any clinic to disclose to the patient EXACTLY how the surgery is performed. This is why if you were in North America or the EU you would not be able to continue performing your surgeries under secrecy as you have in Australia for so many years as you would be bound by law to explain to your patients exactly how your surgery is performed. You would be required to share the punch size used, if you are using manual or motorized, and if you penetrate 4mm, 5mm or if you pull the grafts out with your teeth. So you are actually protected by NOT having consent forms and YOUR patients continue, to this day, to be left in the dark regardless of how many grafts they can see being extracted via video AFTER you’ve used your tools to score them.

Instead of defending clinics, I’ve just empowered everyone reading this thread with the facts they need to understand how they can discuss their surgeries, failed or not.

This is what I have told patients in the past and this is what I would tell any doctor I work with and in fact I think that when a patient is unhappy the clinic should own up to it and move forward as best they can WITH the patient. The idea that no doctor has unsatisfied patients is simply a lie and the problem is that no clinic wants to be the first to step up and openly talk about the failures they’ve experienced. It is taboo in fact and I think this is wrong. To admit errors is to admit being human. It’s how those errors are dealt with that matters.

I’d like to see you stop warning people about disclaimer dangers that simply don’t exist. If they did, I’d be right there with you, but they don’t. Are there promises being made unnecessarily? Absolutely. Are some clinics perhaps falling back on the disclaimers to remind patients of what they were supposed to realize before surgery? I would not be shocked. However, the real danger lies not on paper but with clinics that not only make false promises but promote technicians with no formal medical training as being qualified to deliver safe and responsible FUE procedures to multiple patients a day. The real danger is when the doctor does nothing more than draw a hairline. The real danger is believing that a marketing agency that represents a “doctor of the week” in a third world country has the patient’s best interest in mind. I’ve seen first hand how this works and so it is with experience, authority and facts that I say to you that your crusade against disclaimers is mis-guided and meaningly. I believe your efforts should be used for education about the differences between medical professionals performing surgery vs. high school graduates that rent out closet space in a hospital just so they can say they are part of said hospital.

That, sir, is the real meat of the problem as it stands today. Let go of the disclaimers and embrace the real problems facing YOUR business and affecting patients worldwide; cut rate feeding trough FUE clinics.

My videos are the most transparent and honest in the history of this industry…on my current website please state which ones you think are questionable.
And then I invite readers to compare to your " Affilates" offerings…

We will never agree on the disclaimers…after all, where would your buddies be without them…I see poor guys every week and ask the same question

" why don’t you expose this ? "…same ol answer …fear of legal retribution for telling the truth

In 25 years I never gave myself that safety net because I made sure no disfigurement or deformity would ever occur…and for that I am hated in the hair transplant profession…but 99.9% of patients over 25 years respect my back breaking effort to protect them…

And it’s no big secret joe…it never really was. They always knew what i was doing and that scared the crap out of the industry…really intensive long hour dedicated one on one work…no big secret, and .at a fraction of the money the production line hacks in the usa make .Every doctor has a choice…but there is a huge personal physical and financial price in taking the hard road…it is easier to stick to the " standard of care" .which I regard as a conspiracy against the patient.

Look after your affiliates joe…

Btw…we do agree that the Turkish Asian FUE markets are a problem but from day one they could not be stopped…I made the guidelines quite clear and promoted, despite massive opposition, blocking, blackmailing and threats…it was the USA doctors who blocked a full scale public awareness campaign…check the history and archives,I spent several hundred thousand dollars fighting this and then gave up…if they can make an easy dishonest buck out of this, then they will take it. They just forgot about the china problem which is biting the USA boys in the butt…and screwing lots of heads…even more than they could screw

Give me some time. I will try to sort this out. But It will need sacrifice and massive first world support, and the chances of that are pretty poor

Dr woods

I’d appreciate it if you would drop the condescending attitude along with the victimization line. If you pretend to be a victim, you become one, but it only serves as a red herring as does your concern about whom I work with. Politics is also useless and serves no purpose. Stay on point, please.

The only “opinions” are about the quality of your videos. “Opinions” are not related to disclaimers and the law.

Do you show your patients the punch you use to score their follicular units (if you even use a punch)? Do you discuss with them the potential for poor growth? Do you discuss with them the fact that if they have undiagnosed keloid issues that unsightly scarring may develop? How would you deal with a patient with undiagnosed lichen planar piloris, which may manifest BECAUSE of the very hair transplant surgery that is about to be performed? Do you discuss these very real possibilities with your patients at all? Do they know what size punches you use? For instance, if a patient asked about punch size and you told the patient that you use a 1.2mm punch then that patient can decide, because they are informed, whether or not to consent to moving forward with surgery. That is informed consent and is not a matter of opinion. It is the very definition.

In Australia, you do not have to discuss these issues. Do you not think it is necessary regardless? In North America and the EU, even if the doctor feels it is not necessary, they MUST present this information before surgery can proceed. They have no choice in the matter thus this is not a difference of opinion.

“” why don’t you expose this ? “…same ol answer …fear of legal retribution for telling the truth”

Then they are misinformed, potentially by your own campaign of warning patients against gag orders that you now admit do not exist. That is the crux of our discussion, or at least what my discussion is. There is no conspiracy by “the man” to keep patients down.

Informed consent. It is one of the basics of proper medical care and goes hand in hand with “do no harm”.

Dr. Woods, in the interest of disclosure for all and to show that you are truly transparent, please tell us two things.

1. Do you discuss possible complications of FUE surgery with each patient before you begin surgery? Such complications can be keloid, lichen planopilaris, pitting, cobble stoning, ridging, shock loss, etc? It can be a simple matter of poor growth or as complicated as a cardiac reaction to adrenaline injections.

2. What size punches do you use for your procedures?

You won’t find another clinic on the planet that won’t talk about these issues so let’s put your transparency to the test.

Serious side effects will not occur if you sit on your butt all day working under 25 power magnification, making every incision yourself and being accountable for each and every follicle yourself.

It’s called commitment and care, joe, but it has terrified the industry from day 1 …it is much more work, takes much more time, requires skill, and most scary…it is far LESS profitable

As I learned, question the production line income and you get serious attack dogs coming after you.

You didn’t answer my questions , but don’t bother, I already know the answer

The industry can change, right now, without me. They know how to avoid serious problems, but it’s way too much work, effort, skill,…and they loose too much money…I learnt that long ago and gave up. So I don’t say much these days because I invite active and powerful Internet bloggers working for the industry, protecting mutual interests.

So now “dear reader” , why did I stir the hornets nest , and open myself to endless negative bs blogs and damaging unfair posts vilifying me, and I never damaged or disfigured anyone in 25 years, a claim very few can make ?..at this stage of my life I don’t need this, but…i started this because its WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Dr Ray Woods