What\'s our age?

Hello everyone, been coming here for years but never posted.

I just turned 37 and my desire for HM or any other “cure” has only grown every year since I started balding at age 20. What I’m wondering is, is this is somewhat unusual, and I’m at the age or approaching the age where I’m getting too old for it to matter much anymore, My dad, for instance, genuinely has no cared about his hair (lack of) for quite a long time.

Believe it or not, in a strange way, I hope I always want my hair back, and am excited by a cure no matter how old I am, otherwise I feel I’d become one of those who give up and are content looking old and ugly for lack of a better word. You constantly see 40, 50 even 60 year old actors with fake hair, etc, or who probably would do something about it if they were losing it, but they are in the public eye and may not reflect the majority.

So the assumption is that whoever comes to these sites desires hair every bit as much as me, and I’m wondering how old people who come here are, and how your feelings about HM etc may have changed as you’ve aged.

I’m in my early 20’s and had Mitt Romney’s hairline at 15. My hairline has been the same since 18 but I’ve thinned out badly in front.

I first learned of HM in 2005 when I just accepted my loss back then.

Mid 20s,dunno why i am not being specific.

I am 43, going on 44. I’ve been coming here since I was 33. I’ve been losing my hair since I was 18. Anybody who says that it gets easier when you get older is fooling themselves. Perhaps some come to terms with it. But certainly for me, it really devastated me as a young man, and it hasn’t gotten any easier. I really can’t imagine not caring, unless I’m 80. And considering how I used to think, I can’t even guarantee that.

That’s why I’ve always said I would pay $100,000 or more for a complete, full, natural, head of hair. I would give anything to get my life back. For me, I cannot be happy without my hair. That’s just the way it is for me. No therapy, anti-depressants, or any rational discussion can change that. If that were possible, I would have beaten this already. I’ve tried everything in the book to beat this. Rationally, I know it’s just hair. But unfortunately rational discussions don’t really work when you are dealing with a deep, emotional issue. Age is irrelevant to how much hairloss affects you IMO.

Mid-20s. Best, BB

I’m 29 now.
Definitely no expiration date for my want of HM.

I was damn near a NW#3 by the time I was 16. And I’ve got particularly narrow facial features that are absolutely the worst thing for shape of hair. (And there’s essentially no hair loss in my whole extended family either.)

So FUCK NATURE. It’s just the grim principle of the thing now. I WILL get the decent normal NW#2 head of hair that I was rightfully owed for once in my adult life, and I don’t care if I die of old age the next morning.

21… start to lose hairs when i was 17

» I’m 29 now.
» Definitely no expiration date for my want of HM.
»
»
» I was damn near a NW#3 by the time I was 16. And I’ve got particularly
» narrow facial features that are absolutely the worst thing for shape of
» hair. (And there’s essentially no hair loss in my whole extended family
» either.)
»
» So FUCK NATURE. It’s just the grim principle of the thing now. I WILL
» get the decent normal NW#2 head of hair that I was rightfully owed for
» once in my adult life, and I don’t care if I die of old age the next
» morning.

i’m f*cking 29 about to turn 30 the day before new years eve…still nothing out there that works…shyt.

Nearly sixty.

And I’m madder than ever that baldness F’d up my life!

I first learned I might go bald when I was 8 or 9, when I read that mpb was hereditary.

I promised myself I would never go gentle into that good night.

And I still rage against it as much as ever.

» Hello everyone, been coming here for years but never posted.
»
» I just turned 37 and my desire for HM or any other “cure” has only grown
» every year since I started balding at age 20. What I’m wondering is, is
» this is somewhat unusual, and I’m at the age or approaching the age where
» I’m getting too old for it to matter much anymore, My dad, for instance,
» genuinely has no cared about his hair (lack of) for quite a long time.
»
» Believe it or not, in a strange way, I hope I always want my hair back,
» and am excited by a cure no matter how old I am, otherwise I feel I’d
» become one of those who give up and are content looking old and ugly for
» lack of a better word. You constantly see 40, 50 even 60 year old actors
» with fake hair, etc, or who probably would do something about it if they
» were losing it, but they are in the public eye and may not reflect the
» majority.
»
» So the assumption is that whoever comes to these sites desires hair every
» bit as much as me, and I’m wondering how old people who come here are, and
» how your feelings about HM etc may have changed as you’ve aged.

You are nearly 60 ? Does hair loss bother you just as much as it did when you were in your 20s ?

I am 23, I tried Propecia and Rogain foam but they are not growing anything for me, Propecia gave me side effects also. If HM doesn’t come out soon I might have to do hair transplant, and I am nervous after seeing some horrible pics in the transplant forum.

57 and strictly speaking not bald because I’ve had a pile of HT’s. As I have fine hair there is still much to be done. If HM really does comes out in the next few years I’ll go for it. I’m still thinking 2010 is the due date. If it’s in ten years - me at 67 - I’ll probably not bother.

The last HT was with Drs Woods and Campbell in Australia and they were excellent. I’m not squeamish anyway but it really was trauma free. They fixed up a lot of the mess the slash and slit brigade of HT surgeons did to me over the years. The slash and slitters denuded me of donor hair so I could only have three sessions with them otherwise I would have no need of HM.

» You are nearly 60 ? Does hair loss bother you just as much as it did when
» you were in your 20s ?

Did Ahab ever forgive and forget Moby Dick?

“it was that accursed white whale that razeed me; made a poor pegging lubber of me for ever and a day . . . . I’ll chase him round Good Hope, and round the horn, and round the norway maelstrom, and round perdition’s flames before I give him up . . . . to chase that white whale on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood and rolls fin out.”

» » You are nearly 60 ? Does hair loss bother you just as much as it did
» when
» » you were in your 20s ?
»
» Did Ahab ever forgive and forget Moby Dick?
»
» “it was that accursed white whale that razeed me; made a poor pegging
» lubber of me for ever and a day . . . . I’ll chase him round Good Hope,
» and round the horn, and round the norway maelstrom, and round perdition’s
» flames before I give him up . . . . to chase that white whale on both
» sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood and
» rolls fin out.”

you know what happened…

» » » You are nearly 60 ? Does hair loss bother you just as much as it did
» » when
» » » you were in your 20s ?
» »
» » Did Ahab ever forgive and forget Moby Dick?
» »
» » “it was that accursed white whale that razeed me; made a poor pegging
» » lubber of me for ever and a day . . . . I’ll chase him round Good Hope,
» » and round the horn, and round the norway maelstrom, and round
» perdition’s
» » flames before I give him up . . . . to chase that white whale on both
» » sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood
» and
» » rolls fin out.”
»
» you know what happened…

And I commend Ahab for it.

May the gods grant me so worthy a life and so noble an end.

» » » » You are nearly 60 ? Does hair loss bother you just as much as it did
» » » when
» » » » you were in your 20s ?
» » »
» » » Did Ahab ever forgive and forget Moby Dick?
» » »
» » » “it was that accursed white whale that razeed me; made a poor pegging
» » » lubber of me for ever and a day . . . . I’ll chase him round Good
» Hope,
» » » and round the horn, and round the norway maelstrom, and round
» » perdition’s
» » » flames before I give him up . . . . to chase that white whale on both
» » » sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black
» blood
» » and
» » » rolls fin out.”
» »
» » you know what happened…
»
» And I commend Ahab for it.
»
» May the gods grant me so worthy a life and so noble an end.

so your life is worthy? you say you are mad about hairloss. does that make your life worthy? or you want it to become worthy when you get your hair back?

When something permanently affects every day of the rest of your life, then it makes perfect sense to remain pissed-off about it for every day of the rest of your life.

If it makes some guys feel better to tell themselves that they’ve “moved on” from MPB, then let them do what helps them sleep at night. But I’d rather just be honest with myself. The effects of any success-limiting things that happen in your youth are NEVER truly gonna be outlived.

I don’t care if HM comes out and you’re Elvis by 30, the fact that you were visibly balding in your 20s has still left you SCREWED royally compared to the situation that you would have had w/o the MPB. All of life is one big chain reaction that builds off previous events from start to finish.

» When something permanently affects every day of the rest of your life, then
» it makes perfect sense to remain pissed-off about it for every day of the
» rest of your life.
»
» If it makes some guys feel better to tell themselves that they’ve “moved
» on” from MPB, then let them do what helps them sleep at night. But I’d
» rather just be honest with myself. The effects of any success-limiting
» things that happen in your youth are NEVER truly gonna be outlived.
»
» I don’t care if HM comes out and you’re Elvis by 30, the fact that you
» were visibly balding in your 20s has still left you SCREWED royally
» compared to the situation that you would have had w/o the MPB. All of
» life is one big chain reaction that builds off previous events from start
» to finish.

What do you mean by being screwed royally?

I just mean that having visible hair loss in your youth is not fair. Nature is screwing you.

Half the population won’t have visible loss until they’re past 45-55. That doesn’t mean that this half won’t go NW#6/7 until that age; that means half the men out there will literally remain a NW#2 until then. (And with such a slow original onset of MPB that means they’ll probably never recede past a NW#3-5 either.)

Our society values looks more than any other society in the history of mankind. Early MPB robs men of their looks during their prime, and the condition is something that they have essentially no control over. That is being screwed.

That makes sense, I feel screwed in some ways by having this early. I can thank ancestors for that. I hate looking 30 when I’m 24. I have a lot of anger from this and I just have to accept it until something comes out if anything comes out.

That’s the hard part of it; I’ve realized that Rassman and Peter Mac were right about TRC all along, it will take three years for an update and it will not be out in 3 years. It will take decades.

Ok, that was realistic and pessimistic.