What s going on, what s happening

i havent been here in ages, what s happening these days? anything that works? update please. the forum looks so different :frowning:

The forum might look different, but nothing has changed. This is pretty much a dead forum. Idon’t know of any new topical treatments on the horizon. At least not from drug companies.

» i havent been here in ages, what s happening these days? anything that
» works? update please. the forum looks so different :frowning:

There’s nothing that really works. It is still minox and stuff. Let’s face it, topicals can only go so far in stopping hair loss. I wish Waseda would start posting.

1. Minoxodil
  2. Propecia/finasteride
  3. Nizoral (Ketmine shampoo 1% or 2%)
  4. Head and Shoulders shampoo

Wait. Is #4 right? Is it something else?

» 1. Minoxodil
» 2. Propecia/finasteride
» 3. Nizoral (Ketmine shampoo 1% or 2%)
» 4. Head and Shoulders shampoo
»
» Wait. Is #4 right? Is it something else?

#1 - Minoxodil is BS. Made my hair loss worse. It dries up your scalp and hair. Doesn’t do shit.

#2 - Propecia works for me. helps prevent the hair follicles from shrinking. I take Propecia 1 mg daily, 400 mg Saw Palmetto Berries Extract, 50 mg zinc, and 5000 mcg Biotin. 2 months back I added 200 mg Beta Sitosterol to my diet. This routine helps in that my hair is much more healthier.

#3 - Screw this POS shampoo. It’s damaging to the hair. It will help grow hair on a bald or partially bald scalp, but it’s also damaging to the hair follicle with all the other chemicals added into the shampoo. I was using the 2% 2-3 times a week for almost 3 months and it dried up my scalp and hair - causing a massive shed. Use natural Tea Trea oil - this stuff works wonders. My dandruff has disappeared, my scalp and hair is healthy and never dry.

#4 - Head and Shoulder is the equivalent of putting detergent in your hair - it’s like putting tide in your hair. This stuff kills the hair follicles with all the SLS they put in the shampoo. Only use Tea Trea Oil shampoo without SLS. I learned this the hard way. I used head and shoulders for such a long time and all this time I was wondering why more of my hair was falling out.

Other advice:

Laser Comb - this works in that my scalp is much more healthier and it’s helping my hair follicles from shrinking.

I agree with you on #3 and #4 - both shampoos do MUCH more harm than good. Minoxidil (and minoxidil-containing products) do, indeed, work. They just don’t work all that well in everyone. I used minoxidil for years and abruptly stopped using it. My hair fell out in clumps and I lost hair like I had never lost before - I could not pull it out faster. I have heard this from many other people who have used minoxidil for years and thought that it did nothing. I rue the day that I stopped using it. I have started again, but my hair is nowhere near what it was.

» » 1. Minoxodil
» » 2. Propecia/finasteride
» » 3. Nizoral (Ketmine shampoo 1% or 2%)
» » 4. Head and Shoulders shampoo
» »
» » Wait. Is #4 right? Is it something else?
»
» #1 - Minoxodil is BS. Made my hair loss worse. It dries up your scalp and
» hair. Doesn’t do shit.
»
» #2 - Propecia works for me. helps prevent the hair follicles from
» shrinking. I take Propecia 1 mg daily, 400 mg Saw Palmetto Berries
» Extract, 50 mg zinc, and 5000 mcg Biotin. 2 months back I added 200 mg
» Beta Sitosterol to my diet. This routine helps in that my hair is much
» more healthier.
»
» #3 - Screw this POS shampoo. It’s damaging to the hair. It will help
» grow hair on a bald or partially bald scalp, but it’s also damaging to the
» hair follicle with all the other chemicals added into the shampoo. I was
» using the 2% 2-3 times a week for almost 3 months and it dried up my scalp
» and hair - causing a massive shed. Use natural Tea Trea oil - this stuff
» works wonders. My dandruff has disappeared, my scalp and hair is healthy
» and never dry.
»
» #4 - Head and Shoulder is the equivalent of putting detergent in your hair
» - it’s like putting tide in your hair. This stuff kills the hair follicles
» with all the SLS they put in the shampoo. Only use Tea Trea Oil shampoo
» without SLS. I learned this the hard way. I used head and shoulders for
» such a long time and all this time I was wondering why more of my hair was
» falling out.
»
» Other advice:
»
» Laser Comb - this works in that my scalp is much more healthier and it’s
» helping my hair follicles from shrinking.

head and shoulders may as well put hydrochloric acid on your hair