What happened to Baccy?

“As you see, tatooing your scalp is ridiculous, but shaving it is as ridiculous or even more, because you get a fully frameless face.”

====================================================================

The tattooing shown in this thread does look ridiculous, but maybe it can be done more subtly than this. As for shaving, I think you are totally wrong, and I think you are in a tiny minority that thinks this.

My own view is that framing the face with a thick front and whacking great bald patch at the back (the “Friar Tuck” look) is extremely unattractive - but I understand that others want to look in the mirror and feel better about themselves and hope that people will only look at them from the front.

» “As you see, tatooing your scalp is ridiculous, but shaving it is as
» ridiculous or even more, because you get a fully frameless face.”
»
» ====================================================================
»
» The tattooing shown in this thread does look ridiculous, but maybe it can
» be done more subtly than this. As for shaving, I think you are totally
» wrong, and I think you are in a tiny minority that thinks this.
»
» My own view is that framing the face with a thick front and whacking great
» bald patch at the back (the “Friar Tuck” look) is extremely unattractive -
» but I understand that others want to look in the mirror and feel better
» about themselves and hope that people will only look at them from the
» front.

the thick front approach is valid for framing the face, for someone who is speaking with you. But yes, its still ugly, because it is unnatural. I was not meaning that the thick front approach is the solution.

Regarding shaving, this is fashionable today, but years ago, noone shaved their heads, even when razor blades were already available.
Some people look good with shaven heads, but others look really sick, and they totally lack something.

So he gave up on the DIY experiment? That’s a shame then, it sounded like he was hitting promising results.

I don’t think this tattoo thing is a good idea.

1. You have to constantly shave. This is a pain in the ass.
  2. You have to go for more tattooing as soon as you lose more hair so your scalp looks weird. So at the end you spend some money on it.
  3. If a woman stroke your scalp she will notice something is not right. Real hair scratches (not sure about this word) and tattoos don’t.

Quite probably at close view it looks weird anyway.