What about this toco product?

It’s time I stock up on some more hair products so I’ve been looking around. Normally I don’t buy cheap supplements, but I do like the swanson vitamins and I found this. 400 IU 250 Softgels for $7.99

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW152/ItemDetail?n=4294967185

Perry

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU156/ItemDetail

oops…I forgot it didn’t include any Tocotrienols. I guess that would explain why it was so cheap. lol. I’ll probably buy more toco-sorb from jarrow for now.

» oops…I forgot it didn’t include any Tocotrienols. I guess that would
» explain why it was so cheap. lol. I’ll probably buy more toco-sorb from
» jarrow for now.

Perry,

You may also want to look into Toco-8. I feel that it’s the better of the two. Still, I would love to get another unbiased opinion on this.

TN

» » oops…I forgot it didn’t include any Tocotrienols. I guess that would
» » explain why it was so cheap. lol. I’ll probably buy more toco-sorb from
» » jarrow for now.
»
» Perry,
»
» You may also want to look into Toco-8. I feel that it’s the better of the
» two. Still, I would love to get another unbiased opinion on this.
»
» TN

I still think taking a tocotrienol supplement separate from the tocopherols is the way to go. There’s more on that at HLF.

This is what I’ll probably go with for now…since it’s on sale: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU355/ItemDetail

Already taking another of their products that contains just the tocopherols. Will be taking them many many hours apart from each other :expressionless:

A 15% discount on Toco-8 according to a poster named nidhogge:

"15% off, asked Eric from Primordial Performance to get this setup for Regrowthers and us Immortalers! Here’s the copy-and-paste from what I made at Regrowth:

Eric, president of Primordial, wanted me to share this with you guys:

Me: “What is the difference between Toco-8 and http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Tocomin-SupraBio-Palm-Tocotrienol-Complex?

Ours is generally moved right from the manufacturer to the customer in about 2-3 weeks, so it’s easily the freshest stuff on the market which is a positive.

My two cents–in my research in the past, the heating process involved with gelatinization of supplements often destroys alot of the value of said nutrients within the supplements.

In addition, Eric said:

With the 15% off that should be cheaper per mg than the product you linked me too. Plus they get product credit points when they order so they will get $15 back on every $100 they spend.

My two cents–If you look at the labels and see how much of each tocotrienol you get per serving, you’ll also see that each Toco-8 serving is significantly superior to the other product

What is the product discount code?

PP15% will discount 15%."

Those are nice selling points…but the “gelatinization of supplements often destroys alot of the value of said nutrients within the supplements” is nonsense. The tech these days makes that a non-issue…and you’d have to use one of your other arguments- so Jarrow or _________ doesn’t know what they’re doing or talking about?(not just referring to E supplements).

Then you have to ask yourself…is there a problem with a powdered product that isn’t encapsulated in any way(capsule…gelcap…etc)? This is about dog food…but I was reading on Mercola how Vit E in such food goes bad quite rapidly once the bag is opened. I haven’t looked into supplement forms etc…and maybe Toco-8 is refrigerated(or does the moisture then affect it).

There may be a reason why they claim it’s so “fresh”.

Edit…here’s the article. Again…it’s just on dog food…so take it for whatever it’s worth: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2005/05/11/pet-vitamins.aspx

“Vitamin E degrades quickly once you open a bag of dry pet food. The vitamin E in frozen foods also degrades significantly too. Studies we’ve seen show the processing and storage of foods can result in substantial tocopherol losses, with 70 percent of the tocopherols lost after one month of storage at room temperature, and 60 percent after one month of storage in the freezer. 3 (See our article about storing pet food for more information.)”

I guess there goes the refrigeration option…

Another powder option though: http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACenturyInc./Antioxidants.html#2125

From the Tocobeads manufacturers website:

“TOCOBEADS® 7.5% is physically and chemically stable. It has a shelf life of 24 months and is recommended that the bulk containers be stored at
40° C for optimum stability”

“TOCOBEADS® 7.5% is sensitive to air, light and heat. Store in airtight containers at or below room temperature”

So every time you open such a container…

I have used both of these brands, Jacob. From my experience, Toco-8 is a better product. I do wish it was put into capsules though (for convenience sake).

» I have used both of these brands, Jacob. From my experience, Toco-8
» is a better product. I do wish it was put into capsules though (for
» convenience sake).

And see my other points on putting them into capsules vs a powder that’s exposed to air etc.

Didn’t I comment in the past on being able to tell the difference between the two? :wink:

» Didn’t I comment in the past on being able to tell the difference between
» the two? :wink:

LOL. Sure, doctor.

Again, having used Jarrow’s TOCO-SORB for over a year, I believe (know) that I am in a better position than you to state whether or not I, personally, have experienced a difference with Toco-8.

This is not even debatable, Jacob.

» » Didn’t I comment in the past on being able to tell the difference
» between
» » the two? :wink:
»
» LOL. Sure, doctor.
»
» Again, having used Jarrow’s TOCO-SORB for over a year, I believe
» (know) that I am in a better position than you to state whether or not
» I, personally, have experienced a difference with Toco-8.
»
» This is not even debatable, Jacob.

Are you sure it wasn’t the Curcumin? :lol2:

I’m sure you’re aware of why I keep bringing up the powder vs encapsulated issue. One company saying gel’n destroys things etc(SOMEone here posted that…won’t say who)…which company was that again…ahem…and theirs is a powder…then it’s posted that…oh nevermind…

BTW…1 toco apart from the other toco’s. Spread the word. :hungry:

» Are you sure it wasn’t the Curcumin? :lol2:
»
» I’m sure you’re aware of why I keep bringing up the powder vs encapsulated
» issue. One company saying gel’n destroys things etc(SOMEone here posted
» that…won’t say who)…which company was that again…ahem…and theirs is a
» powder…then it’s posted that…oh nevermind…
»
» BTW…1 toco apart from the other toco’s. Spread the word. :hungry:

LOL!!!

Again, I have tried both. You haven’t tried any of them.

What you have done is to provide literature about some products, which is a good start. But surely you don’t think that I am going stop taking Toco-8, something that has greatly increased my energy levels (and may have helped to thicken my hair too), just because you cut and paste some studies.

Follow through, and purchase one of these products (e.g. tocotrienol supplement), and then report back your results. To be sure, your personal testimony will carry far more weight than any study, at least for me anyway.

TN

:lol2:

I really don’t think you remember our discussions on this in the past. It’s just FUNNY!

Maybe it’s the Resv :lol3:

And yeah…I’m just copying/pasting studies etc. While you’re copying/pasting PP’s selling points…even highlighting something that is BS…and can easily be turned around on them. :smiley:

» :lol2:
»
» I really don’t think you remember our discussions on this in the past.
» It’s just FUNNY!

Oh, I remember them. :wink:

» Maybe it’s the Resv :lol3:

Maybe it’s just my imagination, running away with me…Gotta love the ol’ Motown, baby. :smiley:

» And yeah…I’m just copying/pasting studies etc. While you’re
» copying/pasting PP’s selling points…even highlighting something that is
» BS…and can easily be turned around on them. :smiley:

You copy and paste some interesting studies AND products. AND you make damn sure to regularly give shout outs to your boys at Swansons and Elmsom (i.e. selling points) :lol3: .

I copied nidhogge’s post. What, do you have something against him too (and I remind you of the recent stink you made about who posted what first)? Or do you have something against Primordial Performance in general? What is the problem, Jacob?

Let’s just put it this way. Notice when said person can no longer sell a certain product he no longer shows any interest in it…after getting everybody excited about “carrying” it for them. A discount is posted from a place that does sell it…the crickets take over. The same will happen with above mentioned product…unless he/PP takes up my suggestion about making such a supplement and sells it him/themselves.

On PP…I’m sure you’re aware that it’s not just me that has raised questions about them. Over at HLH…HLF…Regrowth…

That’s a tidbit of it…anyway…

» Let’s just put it this way. Notice when said person can no longer sell a
» certain product he no longer shows any interest in it…after getting
» everybody excited about “carrying” it for them. A discount is posted from a
» place that does sell it…the crickets take over. The same will happen with
» above mentioned product…unless he/PP takes up my suggestion about making
» such a supplement and sells it him/themselves.
»
» On PP…I’m sure you’re aware that it’s not just me that has raised
» questions about them. Over at HLH…HLF…Regrowth…
»
» That’s a tidbit of it…anyway…

I see.

But allow me to correct you. “[Your] suggestion about making such a supplement” was suggested months ago by others. It’s a good idea, and I hope something will come of it in the near future.

» » Let’s just put it this way. Notice when said person can no longer sell a
» » certain product he no longer shows any interest in it…after getting
» » everybody excited about “carrying” it for them. A discount is posted
» from a
» » place that does sell it…the crickets take over. The same will happen
» with
» » above mentioned product…unless he/PP takes up my suggestion about
» making
» » such a supplement and sells it him/themselves.
» »
» » On PP…I’m sure you’re aware that it’s not just me that has raised
» » questions about them. Over at HLH…HLF…Regrowth…
» »
» » That’s a tidbit of it…anyway…
»
»
» I see.
»
» But allow me to correct you. “[Your] suggestion about making such a
» supplement” was suggested months ago by others. It’s a good idea, and I
» hope something will come of it in the near future.

Actually I had a thread well over 1…maybe 2 years ago at Regrowth on having Swanson’s or ___________ come up with a supplement- listed and requested recommendations. You may remember it…Keratec was mentioned…etc. Amazingly…ahem…that thread was deleted. Swanson’s did come out with a product…but not what I was looking for :no:

There already is a Resv/Curcumin combo(see the company we’re talking about here)…I/we are just looking to make one more hair-specific.

» Let’s just put it this way. Notice when said person can no longer sell a
» certain product he no longer shows any interest in it…after getting
» everybody excited about “carrying” it for them. A discount is posted from a
» place that does sell it…the crickets take over. The same will happen with
» above mentioned product…unless he/PP takes up my suggestion about making
» such a supplement and sells it him/themselves.
»
» On PP…I’m sure you’re aware that it’s not just me that has raised
» questions about them. Over at HLH…HLF…Regrowth…
»
» That’s a tidbit of it…anyway…

I will say this for nidhogge: He was very polite and diplomatic (fair) in his discussions with me during the Laser Wars at IH’s site.

And (as a good friend of that “Luke Skywalker” ) he didn’t have to be; nidhogge could have just as easily:

A. stayed silent (like you)

or

B. chimed in with the rest of the ass-kissers (like cpio, DepthInValor)

nidhogge showed me a lot of integrity.

» » Let’s just put it this way. Notice when said person can no longer sell a
» » certain product he no longer shows any interest in it…after getting
» » everybody excited about “carrying” it for them. A discount is posted
» from a
» » place that does sell it…the crickets take over. The same will happen
» with
» » above mentioned product…unless he/PP takes up my suggestion about
» making
» » such a supplement and sells it him/themselves.
» »
» » On PP…I’m sure you’re aware that it’s not just me that has raised
» » questions about them. Over at HLH…HLF…Regrowth…
» »
» » That’s a tidbit of it…anyway…
»
»
» I will say this for nidhogge: He was very polite and diplomatic (fair) in
» his discussions with me during the Laser Wars at IH’s site.
»
» And (as a good friend of that “Luke Skywalker” ) he didn’t have to be;
» nidhogge could have just as easily:
»
» A. stayed silent (like you)
»
» or
»
» B. chimed in with the rest of the ass-kissers (like cpio, DepthInValor)
»
» nidhogge showed me a lot of integrity.

That’s nice. He’s not showing much to me or some others lately.