What about Home experiments @ facial hair?

I think many more people would be willing to test such a procedure on some bald spots at their facial hair rathen than their heads.

Perhaps exept the anti-DHT approach hair follicles at beard should grow about the same way as head hair grows.

I would consider a success at a beard hair experiment, a vary valid result as we are trying to duplicate Follica’s procedure.

Personally I am willing to test it on my facial hair (since i have some bald spots and some thin areas that I would love to fill in. I just want some time to feel that I have some better understanding of the follica patent and the ingredients (english is not my mother language and i have some trouble understanding what products you guys use)

» I think many more people would be willing to test such a procedure on some
» bald spots at their facial hair rathen than their heads.
»
» Perhaps exept the anti-DHT approach hair follicles at beard should grow
» about the same way as head hair grows.
»
» I would consider a success at a beard hair experiment, a vary valid result
» as we are trying to duplicate Follica’s procedure.
»
» Personally I am willing to test it on my facial hair (since i have some
» bald spots and some thin areas that I would love to fill in. I just want
» some time to feel that I have some better understanding of the follica
» patent and the ingredients (english is not my mother language and i have
» some trouble understanding what products you guys use)

There is a lot more to this process than just using dermabrasion on a spot of your skin and waiting a couple of months to see if hair shows up there. We think that the immune system might have to be suppressed post-abrasion for a good 10 days or so (and maybe a bit longer), epidermal growth factor will have to be inhibited post-re-epilithialization (usually about 6 days after a wound) for four or five days…and oh…you probably wont be able to wash or use water on the spot in question for about two weeks after you abrade it. The spot needs to be at least one centimenter in circumference to get any hairs in the middle of it. Thats close to half an inch. In other words about the size of a dime to the size of a nickel. The compounds in the patent that are mentioned are tacromilus creams (immunosuppressant), pimecromilus creams (immunosuppressant), cyclosporin (immunosuppressant), getfitnib (egf-antibody), severeal other egf-antibodies—all of which are expensive and pretty hard to get. Some people are trying “natural” egf-inhibitors like milk thistle, but its not known how well these work in digestion instead of just in cell cultures. Tannic acid topically (very watered down tannic acid) is also being considered and tried (by our baccy) as a method of inhibiting egf post-re-epilithialization.

My opinion is that follica knows that this can work, but getting the topicals mix right in such a way as to not interdict the whole process will take a couple of years of in vivo (on live people) testing. Weve seen it work on two human getfitinib patients who have weird hair growth of dark terminal hair (one right on top of previously long-bald scalp and one right on the nose (whisker-like growth on the nose at that), but they were both chemotherapy patients with compromised immune systems. Getting this stuff to all work with topicals is probably going to be work for the experts at Follica.

The whole process looks like this…the skin is disrupted removing the top layers of the epidermis revealing the stratum cornelium while the immune system is “suppressed”. About five to seven (or even eight or nine) days later, the skin will have re-epilithialized, meaning a layer of keratinocytes will have covered it crawling over from surrounding skin. The stem cells in these keratinocytes have a choice: rebuild skin or make new hair follicles that will eventually signal to get the skin rebuilt. If you block epidermal growth factor at this time for a few days, the stem cells will opt to make new hair follicles. If you are on an anti-androgen, the hairs will be more numerous and larger, if you are on a channel opener (internal loniten) the hair follicles that result will be larger and more numerous. There are a few other things that apparently help the hairs to be larger and more numerous as described in the patent also—like anti-inflammatories, anti-histamines, fiberblast growth factor, wnt protiens, things that mimic wnt protiens, etc.

If you want to know whats really up, set aside one full hour and read the follica kit patent. Do a google search on “follica kits patent” and it should appear on page two. Read the experimental section (scroll down). There were 16 experiments in the patent. You will be “up to speed” on it after reading all of that.