What about Follica?

What ever happened to all of the discussion about Follica? IMO this is still the most promising recent development. Is everyone just waiting for results or has everyone lost faith in Follica?

» What ever happened to all of the discussion about Follica? IMO this is
» still the most promising recent development. Is everyone just waiting for
» results or has everyone lost faith in Follica?
Waiting for results :slight_smile:

Follica is recruiting for a test at HARVARD.

They will abrade small bald spots and observe what happens in a human’s bald skin in response to epidermal disruption there-----no doubt to see what molecular pathways are upregulated. They have a pretty good idea of which pathways need to be agonized and which ones antagonized to get a hair through the human skin on SCID mice experiments, so they can determine what needs to be blocked, what needs to be prodded, et cetera, by doing it this way. They can also see if the human immune system via T-cells gets involved and whether cyclosporins might have to be used.

Im sure some of the scientific geniuses that think nothing will ever be efficious can clue you in on what a massive waste of time Harvard Medical is indulging itself in.

» Im sure some of the scientific geniuses that think nothing will ever be
» efficious can clue you in on what a massive waste of time
» Harvard Medical is indulging itself in.
And I don’t agree with them. Do you think some guys here on the forum or some other doctors? This trial at Harvard, for me, sounds very logical and important, and you have basically explained very well why I think so: they have to be sure what is going on. Now of course one wonders why they haven’t done this until now, but maybe they bought some new equipment and created a protocol needed to do this trial, can be many factors.

» And I don’t agree with them. Do you think some guys here on the forum or
» some other doctors? This trial at Harvard, for me, sounds very logical and
» important, and you have basically explained very well why I think so: they
» have to be sure what is going on. Now of course one wonders why they
» haven’t done this until now, but maybe they bought some new equipment and
» created a protocol needed to do this trial, can be many factors.

Because till now all there research has been on mice. And as they are finalizing protocol(s) for trials they want to be certain of the pathways involved and which ones to target. They haven’t created any new technology, just using the currently available equipment to check the scalp before & after abrasion.

» » And I don’t agree with them. Do you think some guys here on the forum or
» » some other doctors? This trial at Harvard, for me, sounds very logical
» and
» » important, and you have basically explained very well why I think so:
» they
» » have to be sure what is going on. Now of course one wonders why they
» » haven’t done this until now, but maybe they bought some new equipment
» and
» » created a protocol needed to do this trial, can be many factors.
»
» Because till now all there research has been on mice. And as they are
» finalizing protocol(s) for trials they want to be certain of the pathways
» involved and which ones to target. They haven’t created any new technology,
» just using the currently available equipment to check the scalp before &
» after abrasion.
What is also interesting is that they say “up to 8 visits” in their announcement for the trials. They probably want to see all the phases, how the micro-environment changes, etc. Imagine if they see exactly the same phases as in the mouse case. Also, I have a feeling that if they see new follicle formation, then they will publish it in a journal and say: first demonstration of new hair follicle formation on humans! :slight_smile: