We are just about ended

This blog is almost ended, because there is no good news about hm or any other therapy… all the news is bad (icx) or false (follica).

:frowning:

» This blog is almost ended, because there is no good news about hm or any
» other therapy… all the news is bad (icx) or false (follica).
»
» :frowning:

Most of the Follica information is just speculation. It is not necessarily false. You cannot put your hopes on just these two. It used to be just icx but then Follica came out of nowhere so I would guess something else will come along in the same manner.

»

What was the point in posting this?

»

YOu have nothing to add, you never have. You seem to have something against Puretech Ventures attempting to grow new hair via a wounding/wnt/EGF-inhibition method, and dont believe HM is anywhere ready for prime time. Youve never had an update on any new technology or information. Since your presence has brought no news or fruit and no witty insight, why not just give up and enjoy going bald gracefully.

Its hopeless right? So stop hoping and wasting your time. Get out your clippers.

»

Call me stupid, call me naive but I have a gut feeling the Follica/ Acell approach makes more sense to a path in curing MPB then just injecting a bunch of old worn out DP cell into your head. This is the right track they’re on brother… I can almost guarantee it.

this wounding sh-t won’t go anywhere, guaranteed… first off, won’t create permanent hairs… they’ll be affected by dht. second one round of this won’t produce great results… so how many times you gonna wound the whole scalp, like nine? seriously, how many times are you gonna do this… all for sketchy, temporary results.

okay, so you’ll grow a few hairs here and there… not gonna be a knockout cure!

» this wounding sh-t won’t go anywhere, guaranteed… They haven’t even had a human trial and you already are prepared to dismiss this. Do you have a crystal ball or something?

first off, won’t
» create permanent hairs… How do you KNOW that? It IS likely that the hairs formed will be suceptible to male hormone, but one has a “second chance” to get on finasteride/fluridil/ketoconzole/duasteride or whatever comes donwn the pike to keep them.

they’ll be affected by dht. Actually, in the future, if they can “make” hair with this out of wounded skin, they might be able to isolate and identify which genes that need to be BLOCKED during the process that will make the new hairs created like the hairs in the back of the head—but that is admittedly off in the future, as the only gene we are certain about is the x-chromosome androgen receptor gene.

second one round of
» this won’t produce great results… Again, how the PHUCK DO YOU KNOW THAT? Do you have a crystal ball?

so how many times you gonna wound the
» whole scalp, like nine? Some people have dermabrasion several times to get rid of acne scars, but I dont think “nine” will be necessary if it works, do you? seriously, how many times are you gonna do
» this… all for sketchy, temporary results.
»
» okay, so you’ll grow a few hairs here and there… not gonna be a
» knockout cure! You dont know that, nobody does until they try it in controlled trials and see what they have. Im simply hoping they can make MORE HAIR BACK IN THE DONOR AREA, so a man can get a FUE transplant, and then “make” more hair in the back of the head to transplant later…

I have much more respect for someone who has the ability to change their opinion after recieving new information than some fundamentalist who stakes out an ideological position and defends it no matter what without applying reason to pursue truth. We will not know if Follica or ACELL can make new hair from wounded skin consistently until they trial it once or twice for certain. But I will state this: You’d better hope that it works because HM is apparently at least five more years away, if that soon. Phase two has to be finished, then a one year review (according to ICX), phase three has to be conducted, then another review of at least a year, then a MHRA approval, then setting up a delivery infrastructure and certified lab to do it on a mass scale, then training of BOSLEY employees on tissue handling, and injection…thats if everything goes smoothly. Dont even get me started on Aderans, whom we dont even know if they have done phase one yet.