Wassup 9 months post-op

attached are 9 months postop updates. hair was buzzed on the sides and back with a 3.5 guard. I may try to go down to a 2.5 next month. I can’t imagine wanting to go much shorter though - it currently feels like only a 1/4 inch in some places right now (lower donor - they may have used lower than 3.5 guard here)… I also have gone a little too heavy on the 5% minox this week as well… you may see some dry/flaky skin in the hairline area… anyways below are the update picts…

HT history - 5 procedures w/ Dr. Cole - 3 strip, 2 FIT totaling 8300+ grafts

8 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1757

old forum progress link: http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard...topic_id=45649&mesg_id=45649

other links:
http://hairsite.com/serendipity/authors/24-wassup
http://www.forhair.com/hairtransplant/album_personal.php?user_id=134

Amazing result. Nice hair. Enjoy it!

WOW ! That no shampoo regime has worked wonders for you hasn’t it ?

All jokes aside,I’ve never trusted photos.BUT ! I commend you on taking large,clear photos in a well lit environment & from multiple close up angels.
You hair looks amazing ! Wassup,as a victim of a HTP,I would take it as a personal insult if you wasted your time here or on the internet period. Please life your life like everyday is the last because you don’t know how truly lucky you are to have a result like that.
I wish you all the best man & thankyou for posting such honest photos.

:ok:

Simply awesome! You should show your before pic (which I have seen many times) side-by-side. The transformation is nothing short of miraculous.

Enjoy!

Jtelecom

Congrats wassup…I have said here many times I think your HT is preety much one of the best ones out there if not the best…definetly in the top 3 of best ever i have seen…

If you ever buzz it again post the pics…I think your buzzed pics show the true amazing naturalness of your HT…

Enjoy…

HT history - 5 procedures w/ Dr. Cole - 3 strip, 2 FIT totaling 8300+ grafts

Wow that is great… Do you have your before shots? 5 procedures is extreme… but if you can show your before shots… right before your first procedure, then that could really show guys the change. Was Wassup a NW 6?

And now that techniques and procedures have changed dramatically over the years, patients won’t have to go what you have gone through to get the same results.

Some people do like to shave the donor area… for example my friend is in the military. He shaves his head and he does not want to see any disruption in his donor area. Do you have a photo to show him?

One last thing. Do you have other patients(to show consistency) with such stellar results for me to show my military friend? Thank you.:slight_smile:

bugler, damon, benji, Jtelecom - thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words and support. below are some pre-HT#1 picts. I didn’t get on any meds until around HT#3 so I definitely continued to lose more while trying to gain some back… I also posted a pict about 15-18 months after the first HT (pre HT#2) and a pict when I was probably 16 years old and you can see my temples well on their way out the door…

pre HT #1:

15-18 months post-op HT #1/pre HT#2

teenager:

thanks Jackson - will do.

» Congrats wassup…I have said here many times I think your HT is preety
» much one of the best ones out there if not the best…definetly in the top
» 3 of best ever i have seen…
»
» If you ever buzz it again post the pics…I think your buzzed pics show
» the true amazing naturalness of your HT…
»
» Enjoy…

» HT history - 5 procedures w/ Dr. Cole - 3 strip, 2 FIT totaling 8300+
» grafts
»
»
» Wow that is great… Do you have your before shots? 5 procedures is
» extreme… but if you can show your before shots… right before your
» first procedure, then that could really show guys the change. Was Wassup a
» NW 6?
»
» And now that techniques and procedures have changed dramatically over the
» years, patients won’t have to go what you have gone through to get the
» same results.
»

hey Thomas - sure 5 HTs may be extreme. I’m sure if I started today I would have easily been able to do my numbers in less procedures. I remember when I had my first procedure in 2000, I don’t recall ever even hearing about anyone getting a HT with over 3k grafts. HTs have come a long way but that’s technology. Future HT recipients have even more to look forward to.

» Some people do like to shave the donor area… for example my friend is in
» the military. He shaves his head and he does not want to see any
» disruption in his donor area. Do you have a photo to show him?
»

in regards to your friend being able to shave - absolutely - I totally understand. as an affected hairloss sufferer, we each have our own goals and ideals about HTs and what we want to gain from them. I don’t think I’d ever want to shave my head though but as I stated in the original post I want to try to buzz down in the 2 range guard in the future and see what my donor looks like. since being a previous strip patient this may be a challenge but I’m keeping my fingers crossed - I might as well do it once and see how much the FIT grafts in the scars have helped.

there are some pre-HT #4 and #5 picts posted in some of my previous thread links. keep my mind I’ve had both strip and fit and also have skin issues and may not have been a great healer but probably am just average.

» One last thing. Do you have other patients(to show consistency) with such
» stellar results for me to show my military friend? Thank you.:slight_smile:

well, I never have been one to claim my results are stellar - I am both happy and thankful I’ve been able to get to where I am at now and thankful to have had talented people work on me such as yourself - I hope I’m able to able to at least maintain my current state and not lose any more. I don’t maintain ny type of HT picts, just my own. I do think there are lots of good patient stories online who have benefited from HT surgeries from a variety of doctors - the internet is great for this type of thing. hairloss sucks. it’s very humbling and depressing. I wish more people would post their stories online.

Do you see how putting the pre-photos show how it was a stellar transplant? Hands down, The work… all surgeries were worth it. Thank you wassup. Besides the hair growing well, how are things going? I know you remember me?

» bugler, damon, benji, Jtelecom - thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words
» and support. below are some pre-HT#1 picts. I didn’t get on any meds until
» around HT#3 so I definitely continued to lose more while trying to gain
» some back… I also posted a pict about 15-18 months after the first HT
» (pre HT#2) and a pict when I was probably 16 years old and you can see my
» temples well on their way out the door…
»
» pre HT #1:
»
»
»
»

»
»
»
»
»
» 15-18 months post-op HT #1/pre HT#2
»
»
»
» teenager:
»
»

Do you think Dr. Cole could get the same result with just FUE?

» Do you think Dr. Cole could get the same result with just FUE?

JonnyE - that’s a good question. personally, I believe so but I’m not sure how many grafts could be taken out via FUE/FIT before my donor would be significantly thin. that may best be answered by Dr. Cole or someone from his office. almost 1/3 (2500+ grafts out of 8300+) of the current grafts moved were extracted via FIT. strip basically decreases the available donor area and I have noticed a little thinning overall from the FIT extractions but the donor still looks a little thick in back and the right side like I could get more out - I would be afraid to have any more taken from the left-side though. so definitely a good question - I sure if you would put the previously removed strip area back, a lot more grafts could be removed, just not sure how many though. Just trying to think out loud above. I would be curious about possible responses as well.

» Do you see how putting the pre-photos show how it was a stellar transplant?
» Hands down, The work… all surgeries were worth it. Thank you wassup.
» Besides the hair growing well, how are things going? I know you remember
» me?

Thomas - I really need to put together some type of global slideshow to bring the entire transformation together. it all has definitely been worth it - I can’t imagine it happening any other way. things have been going really well… currently I am exhausted though. baby #2 just arrived this past weekend and both children are napping so I have a little break rght now. Hope things are going well for you as well. remember you? yeah man, how could I forget you :wink: you’re a good guy Thomas - I appreciate all the hard work and hours you’ve put in on my melon throughout the years and the driving around in San Diego last fall at the hair conference.

Oh my gosh you do remember me. Thank you for the wonderful comments WASSSUUP.:smiley: That was a great conference, although I did spend most of my time running around to the airport and to various hotels. I did get to catch a few speakers though.

Hey buddy congrats on the new child. I am trying as we speak. I got married recently to Danaery as you probably remembered her too. She says hello! We are doing ok… except a small issue… but that is another thread for another day… soon. See ya buddy.