Wassup - 12 months FIT post-op

ok - attached are 12 month post-op picts… 2 different styles when my hair was longer and 1 shorter style after a haircut… hair was highlighted but in my opinion looked better before cut. hair was buzzed on the sides and back with a #4.5 guard… these will probably be the last picts I post unless I end up doing more touchups down the road…

HT history - 5 procedures w/ Dr. Cole - 3 strip, 2 FIT totaling 8300+ grafts

11 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=10168

10 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=7327

9 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=4638

8 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1757

old forum progress link: http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard...topic_id=45649&mesg_id=45649

other links:
http://hairsite.com/serendipity/authors/24-wassup
http://www.forhair.com/hairtransplant/album_personal.php?user_id=134

thats awesome. I wish my strip scar was nice like yours I’d keep my head buzzed. :frowning:

» thats awesome. I wish my strip scar was nice like yours I’d keep my head
» buzzed. :frowning:

Nice hair wassup, I know you truelly appreciate that comment beings as you have gone thru losing your hair and never hearing people say that, or if they did not being able to believe them. I hope one day people will be able to say that to me again. Anyways congrats, and yeah, hopefully you won’t ever have to have any work done again in the future.

» thats awesome. I wish my strip scar was nice like yours I’d keep my head
» buzzed. :frowning:

thanks Fex - my scars weren’t always that nice (I have one larger scar and a second very small one - they were never horrible though either). I’ve probably had a few hundred grafts placed in the strip scars over the past 2 FIT surgeries… it’s helped out a bunch…

» » thats awesome. I wish my strip scar was nice like yours I’d keep my head
» » buzzed. :frowning:
»
» Nice hair wassup, I know you truelly appreciate that comment beings as you
» have gone thru losing your hair and never hearing people say that, or if
» they did not being able to believe them. I hope one day people will be
» able to say that to me again. Anyways congrats, and yeah, hopefully you
» won’t ever have to have any work done again in the future.

missmyhair - losing my hair was a very humbling experience for me. I amazed sometimes when I look back at previous photos when my hair was at it’s worst… it has been a long road and I do hope my hairloss has stabilized… what’s your current hairloss like? have you had any work in the past?

» » » thats awesome. I wish my strip scar was nice like yours I’d keep my
» head
» » » buzzed. :frowning:
» »
» » Nice hair wassup, I know you truelly appreciate that comment beings as
» you
» » have gone thru losing your hair and never hearing people say that, or
» if
» » they did not being able to believe them. I hope one day people will be
» » able to say that to me again. Anyways congrats, and yeah, hopefully
» you
» » won’t ever have to have any work done again in the future.
»
» missmyhair - losing my hair was a very humbling experience for me. I
» amazed sometimes when I look back at previous photos when my hair was at
» it’s worst… it has been a long road and I do hope my hairloss has
» stabilized… what’s your current hairloss like? have you had any work in
» the past?

wassup- I totally hear you about the humbling experience that hairloss leads too. I use to be a lot more outgoing until I started losing my hair at 18, I’m now 27, soon to be 28. It seems that every year I seem to accept it a little bit more, but it is something that I know I will one day do something about, and that I would never fully accept.

Thank god I found this board before I ever considered having any work done. I almost went in for consulatations at Bosely a few times, now it would never be a consideration. I’m glad I’ve been able to find some truth here at Hairsite. I’ve learned a lot, and I am not going to make any decisions until I am 100% completely comfortable with a procedure and/or clinic/doctor (also until I am finacially able to as well :)).

Looking at what people like you, Heliboy, and many others have done definately inspires me to consider the possibilities out there for me. Anyway before I keep babbling on, you asked about my current state and if I had any work done?

I’m a NW-4, and virgin scalp. I take proscar (cut up in 4 pieces), 1 piece/day, and use Nizoral shampoo 2 days on 1 day off. Never really cared much for Minox or Rogaine. Eventually I would like to have some FUE work done. I really like the work some STRIP docs do, especially Hasson & Wong, but I’m gonna go w/ FUE b/c I don’t want a scar. I would like to do 1,000 FUE grafts sometime early next year to my crown. My top 2 docs right now are Cole and Umar, but I’m not ready yet. Good luck to you.

missmyhair - sounds like going about this the right way. definitely stay on the meds, keep researching and don’t rush into anything. Your on the right track. I almost went to Bosley when I was around 21 (16 years ago)… thank goodness I didn’t make that jump… it’s hard to tell what I would look like now… best of luck to you… keep us posted on whatever road you take… regards…

» I’m a NW-4, and virgin scalp. I take proscar (cut up in 4 pieces), 1
» piece/day, and use Nizoral shampoo 2 days on 1 day off. Never really
» cared much for Minox or Rogaine. Eventually I would like to have some FUE
» work done. I really like the work some STRIP docs do, especially Hasson &
» Wong, but I’m gonna go w/ FUE b/c I don’t want a scar. I would like to do
» 1,000 FUE grafts sometime early next year to my crown. My top 2 docs right
» now are Cole and Umar, but I’m not ready yet. Good luck to you.

Missmyhair.

In the same boat as you.
29, NW4. Im with you on accepting slightly more every year (as my friends also go balder) but at the same time you can never really accept it. It just screws up your apeparance too much.

Im also considering FUE, although Id much rather get a strip from Dr Hasson.
its just the scar…
I feel that I am ready but I dont think HT technology has reached a level that I am comfortable with just yet. When I started looking into it it in 2004, it was even worse so we are heading in the right direction. When the price of FUE comes down to reasonable rates, FUE megasessions are proven and I have seen more honest photos of FUE heads shaved down I´ll take the plunge myself.

good luck.

» » thats awesome. I wish my strip scar was nice like yours I’d keep my head
» » buzzed. :frowning:
»
» thanks Fex - my scars weren’t always that nice (I have one larger scar and
» a second very small one - they were never horrible though either). I’ve
» probably had a few hundred grafts placed in the strip scars over the past
» 2 FIT surgeries… it’s helped out a bunch…

looks amazing, great selection of photos. One of the best HTs out there for sure.

» » I’m a NW-4, and virgin scalp. I take proscar (cut up in 4 pieces), 1
» » piece/day, and use Nizoral shampoo 2 days on 1 day off. Never really
» » cared much for Minox or Rogaine. Eventually I would like to have some
» FUE
» » work done. I really like the work some STRIP docs do, especially Hasson
» &
» » Wong, but I’m gonna go w/ FUE b/c I don’t want a scar. I would like to
» do
» » 1,000 FUE grafts sometime early next year to my crown. My top 2 docs
» right
» » now are Cole and Umar, but I’m not ready yet. Good luck to you.
»
»
» Missmyhair.
»
» In the same boat as you.
» 29, NW4. Im with you on accepting slightly more every year (as my friends
» also go balder) but at the same time you can never really accept it. It
» just screws up your apeparance too much.
»
» Im also considering FUE, although Id much rather get a strip from Dr
» Hasson.
» its just the scar…
» I feel that I am ready but I dont think HT technology has reached a level
» that I am comfortable with just yet. When I started looking into it it in
» 2004, it was even worse so we are heading in the right direction. When the
» price of FUE comes down to reasonable rates, FUE megasessions are proven
» and I have seen more honest photos of FUE heads shaved down I´ll take the
» plunge myself.
»
» good luck.

El Gordo,

Nice to hear from you, and to know that you have a similar situation. In the back of my mind I feel that HM will be here for sure within the next 10-20 years, but will it be affordable to all? Anyway, I am planning on doing FUE sessions every few years, and then hopefully having all of my scalp restored via HM. I am like you in that I think about my appearance so much. It is how others see me, but mostly how I see myself that annoys me. Good luck to you as well.

This is almost the same result for years now from Wazzup :)…Wazzup arent you bored of going through surgeries again and again?

Go out and live your life man, tell the Cole clinic that the greek said “free Willy!”