Wassup - 11 months FIT post-op

attached are 11 month post-op picts… most are outside picts but some are inside as well (against white)…

HT history - 5 procedures w/ Dr. Cole - 3 strip, 2 FIT totaling 8300+ grafts

10 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=7327

9 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=4638

8 months progress link:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1757

old forum progress link: http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard...topic_id=45649&mesg_id=45649

other links:
http://hairsite.com/serendipity/authors/24-wassup
http://www.forhair.com/hairtransplant/album_personal.php?user_id=134

Looks nice wassup (especially the side view shots). Are you happy with your results? You had 8,000+ grafts implanted. Did Dr. Cole tell you how many more grafts you have left to use?

thanks MB - you must be excited after your last HT - looks good… I believe Dr. Cole said I probably have another HT or so left in me. I’m not sure what that would equate to number-wise though. I’m pretty happy. I’m not sure if I would do another HT or not but if I did I probably would want to fill in all over again - ie: thicken the newly lowered hairline areas and temples a tad so it’s not so angular under cetain lighting, fill in a little behind the front and fill in the back a little (see last months update where it’s buzzed down) but that’s me being a total perfectionist… like I said earlier, not sure if I would go through it again or not though…

» Looks nice wassup (especially the side view shots). Are you happy with your
» results? You had 8,000+ grafts implanted. Did Dr. Cole tell you how many
» more grafts you have left to use?

Either way, at least you have hair that will be yours for the rest of your life. Being a perfectionist isn’t always a bad thing :).

Looking good bro.
Enjoy and congrats!

thanks sofar! hope all is going well on your end…

» Looking good bro.
» Enjoy and congrats!

How is it going WASSUP?

I know this is really negative and I will probably get shot down for saying it but your result has been shown over the last few years at various stages all of which are outstanding. It is as if you are a “poster boy” advertisement that pops up regularly. Your results do not represent the norm and the regularity that the result pops up gives the impression that it is the norm.

another negative point technically, and I can only bring this up with you as an example because your result and your look is absolutely brilliant. The frontal hairline at the edge of the temple angle is wrong. It looks fantastic but it is wrong and every single surgeon with the exception of Armani uses this incorrect angulation. The outer edge of the frontal hairline and only the outer edge should change direction when there is this degree of re-establishment such that it is changed to the same angle of the temple sides. In other words it should angle sideways and backwards. I must admit that this would be difficult and would risk transecting of the other local frontal hair but it can be done.

I make the second criticism in the vain that a professor might slag off an A grade student just to move the bar.

Anyway a great result as it was last year.

Wassup. Your hair looks great. Keep posting. As an artist, I will tell you, the angles are fine. 100% natural.

Professor Marco neglected to mention, the angulation method he teaches at Wanker University on his home planet are not widely accepted here on Earth.

» Wassup. Your hair looks great. Keep posting. As an artist, I will tell you,
» the angles are fine. 100% natural.
»
» Professor Marco neglected to mention, the angulation method he teaches at
» Wanker University on his home planet are not widely accepted here on
» Earth.

Well I guess it was inevitable. From my planet, Dr. Cole, Dr. A, H&W that is the surgeons who post on this board apart fom Armani use this technique and I ademently do not agree with it even if it looks great and it does look great on wassup. I am going to fight my corner on this.

Here is what I mean. Although wassups result looks fantastic, in my view he has moved to an NW1 and it does look great. I have seen others who have been moved to NW! using the same technique and I do not think they look so good.

Dr. C and Dr. A tend to use a forward angle and Dr. A specifically has said that any other angulation does not work. In my view the NW2 specifically means that the juvenile frontal angle has been lost. The pic bellow is not so defined but it shows the juvenile angles. I marked them on the bottom pic.

I think that the surgeons get around placing these angles by tethering the hairline and placing the “sofarsogood” three spikes and many are now using many spikes. Dr. Armani uses a totally different approach and does not use spikes but rather uses complex angles. I am just saying that a mixture of the two approaches works for all whereas for wassup this luckily works well. As mentioned the guy in the pic is an extreme example and I apreciate that there is a lot of variation from one person to another but it is true for all to a greater or lesser extent in the juvanile / type 1 hairline and a type II hair angle placed at the type I position usually does not work as well as it did for wassup.

» How is it going WASSUP?

hey hairtech… things are going well… with two kids things now life can be so exhausting… it’s all fun though but I feel i’m in a constant state of lack of sleep… doing well though… hope all is going well on your end…

hey marco - no worries man… that’s what these forums are all about… I’m not online as much as I used to be (married with family now) but I do try to post monthly updates… I do hear people say a lot of nice things about my results… over the years, I think I just have learned to take some decent shots and that probably is what gets the most compliments… my first couple HT pictures looked a lot like what the average pictures look like. In regards to the numerous surgeries when I first started in 2000 there weren’t the megasessions of today - my road has been a little slow. I’m pretty much a perfectionist and have done lots of tweaking over the past couple surgeries… ie: I didn’t get on any meds until before my 3rd HT and felt I was loosing hair at the same time I was adding it… after the first 3 surgeries I thought my hair was too thin all over and didn’t look quite right if it wasn’t styled straight back… I got so tired of wearing my hair that way day in and day out… 4th surgery filled in a lot and added density but I thought left my airline too v shaped and I wanted to be able to wear my hair in younger type styles thus ht #5. I still think it could use a tweak here and there but I’m pretty happy. my temples were gone when I was 16 years old or so (see attachment - so I’m pretty thrilled to have styleable hair again) and my most recent child has a widows peak like I used to have (and very similiar to my hairline now - people comment all the time, “she has your hairline”) so I even am now questioning changing the shape any futher - a little thicker may be nice but I still may have a little more growth and it still may mature some with time.

teenager:

pre-1st HT:

pre-2nd HT - still losing hair:

child #2 peaked hairline:

my peak:

» I know this is really negative and I will probably get shot down for saying
» it but your result has been shown over the last few years at various stages
» all of which are outstanding. It is as if you are a “poster boy”
» advertisement that pops up regularly. Your results do not represent the
» norm and the regularity that the result pops up gives the impression that
» it is the norm.
»
» another negative point technically, and I can only bring this up with you
» as an example because your result and your look is absolutely brilliant.
» The frontal hairline at the edge of the temple angle is wrong. It looks
» fantastic but it is wrong and every single surgeon with the exception of
» Armani uses this incorrect angulation. The outer edge of the frontal
» hairline and only the outer edge should change direction when there is
» this degree of re-establishment such that it is changed to the same angle
» of the temple sides. In other words it should angle sideways and
» backwards. I must admit that this would be difficult and would risk
» transecting of the other local frontal hair but it can be done.
»
» I make the second criticism in the vain that a professor might slag off an
» A grade student just to move the bar.
»
» Anyway a great result as it was last year.

» hey marco - no worries man… that’s what these forums are all about…

Thanks Wassup, amaizing journey and good luck with the sleepless nights!

Well I am working on a kid also. I have a 5 year old step son. Can’t wait to get him a brother or sister. Kids are great though!

You sure are a rare good transplant brother! An enigma of sorts… Marco I agree with you also.

Marco - I’ll be 40 before too much longer (37 next month)… although I do see some young guys with the hairline as you’ve outlined below (I do see some without the features you talk about as well)… how many 40 year olds do you think will have not had any degree of hairloss and would still have their youthful hairlines… I still think I have some degree of recession… I definitely like the approach Dr. Armani takes with some hairlines as you have described below but he doesn’t do it with all hairlines… I see some very round shaped hairlines that look un-natural to me as well but again that’s just my opinion… no doctor is perfect but look at my teenager photo again… I probably started losing my hairline before I had my license to drive if not before I started early stages of puberty… I would much rather have my hairline today than back then… I don’t think I ever had the hairline described below but you have brought up some valid points so thanks for contributing - they are very valid points to think about… good job…

» Here is what I mean. Although wassups result looks fantastic, in my view he
» has moved to an NW1 and it does look great. I have seen others who have
» been moved to NW! using the same technique and I do not think they look so
» good.
»
» Dr. C and Dr. A tend to use a forward angle and Dr. A specifically has
» said that any other angulation does not work. In my view the NW2
» specifically means that the juvenile frontal angle has been lost. The pic
» bellow is not so defined but it shows the juvenile angles. I marked them
» on the bottom pic.
»
» I think that the surgeons get around placing these angles by tethering the
» hairline and placing the “sofarsogood” three spikes and many are now using
» many spikes. Dr. Armani uses a totally different approach and does not use
» spikes but rather uses complex angles. I am just saying that a mixture of
» the two approaches works for all whereas for wassup this luckily works
» well. As mentioned the guy in the pic is an extreme example and I
» apreciate that there is a lot of variation from one person to another but
» it is true for all to a greater or lesser extent in the juvanile / type 1
» hairline and a type II hair angle placed at the type I position usually
» does not work as well as it did for wassup.
»
»
»
»
»
»
»

» Marco - I’ll be 40 before too much longer (37 next month)… although I do
» see some young guys with the hairline as you’ve outlined below (I do see
» some without the features you talk about as well)… how many 40 year olds
» do you think will have not had any degree of hairloss and would still have
» their youthful hairlines… I still think I have some degree of
» recession… I definitely like the approach Dr. Armani takes with some
» hairlines as you have described below but he doesn’t do it with all
» hairlines… I see some very round shaped hairlines that look un-natural
» to me as well but again that’s just my opinion… no doctor is perfect but
» look at my teenager photo again… I probably started losing my hairline
» before I had my license to drive if not before I started early stages of
» puberty… I would much rather have my hairline today than back then… I
» don’t think I ever had the hairline described below but you have brought
» up some valid points so thanks for contributing - they are very valid
» points to think about… good job…
»

Wassup, this is a general area theat i have wanted to bring up for some time and I really apreciate the what you have said, the way you put it and also agree with every one of your points. In the “ultra refined” state of the art I do think this is an under discussed topic. Much apreciated, Marco

» Well I am working on a kid also. I have a 5 year old step son. Can’t wait
» to get him a brother or sister. Kids are great though!
»
» You sure are a rare good transplant brother! An enigma of sorts… Marco
» I agree with you also.

One of the best results of all time, definiltey Dr. Coles best result.

marco, hairtech, JonnyE - thanks for the kind words and support guys…