Wants to Meet Dr. Cole

I noticed my neighbor has more hair than he used to. He (49 years old) was about a Norwood 4, thin in the front, but not too bad in the back. Similar to Wassup pre op. I stopped by his house for a visit yesterday (hadn’t visited in over a year) and all of a sudden he told me he had a hair transplant by strip (no big surprise). I asked him who did the work, and he said it was MHR in Buckhead. They got the angles right, and overall it looks good with the subtle exception of the slightly coarse hairs in the front you can sometimes get with strip only surgery. He told me, he almost went to Bosley. Yikes!!
I told him that one of the top docs in the world (Dr. Cole) is in the building complex just behind CVS, within walking distance of our neighborhood. There was a surprised look on his face. He had no idea. I showed him the forhair.com website and Wassup’s latest photos. He and his girlfriend’s jaw dropped. I didn’t have a chance to show him more photos before his son came into the room. I told him Dr. Cole charges $6 per graft. My neighbor is interested in having more work done. Dr. Cole could soften the hairline a bit and fill in the crown. I told him about FIT and he had no idea. I would like to bring him by to meet Dr. Cole on a consult day when a slot is available. I also want him to try some of the Hair Cycle line of products.

1. Not everyone does research before having a hair transplant.

2. Trust is an automatic response with some people when dealing with doctors in general.

» I noticed my neighbor has more hair than he used to. He (49 years old) was
» about a Norwood 4, thin in the front, but not too bad in the back. Similar
» to Wassup pre op. I stopped by his house for a visit yesterday (hadn’t
» visited in over a year) and all of a sudden he told me he had a hair
» transplant by strip (no big surprise). I asked him who did the work, and
» he said it was MHR in Buckhead. They got the angles right, and overall it
» looks good with the subtle exception of the slightly coarse hairs in the
» front you can sometimes get with strip only surgery. He told me, he almost
» went to Bosley. Yikes!!
» I told him that one of the top docs in the world (Dr. Cole) is in the
» building complex just behind CVS, within walking distance of our
» neighborhood. There was a surprised look on his face. He had no idea. I
» showed him the forhair.com website and Wassup’s latest photos. He and his
» girlfriend’s jaw dropped. I didn’t have a chance to show him more photos
» before his son came into the room. I told him Dr. Cole charges $6 per
» graft. My neighbor is interested in having more work done. Dr. Cole could
» soften the hairline a bit and fill in the crown. I told him about FIT and
» he had no idea. I would like to bring him by to meet Dr. Cole on a consult
» day when a slot is available. I also want him to try some of the Hair Cycle
» line of products.
»
» 1. Not everyone does research before having a hair transplant.
»
» 2. Trust is an automatic response with some people when dealing with
» doctors in general.

Give Michelle a call - she knows the consult schedule.

#1. and #2. are so true. And if people do research, I think it is more of a light sprinkling rather than very in depth. Its not really necessary for most patients to hash out the surgical details and minute differences in technique in order to be well informed. But for those who feel that they must be well versed in all aspects (like me), there’s always hairsite. :slight_smile:

The only thing I can add to this thread is the fact that Bosley and MHR are one in the same… They swarm the TV media with promises of this and that. I feel bad for this fellow.