Vavelta has its website!

www.vavelta.com

» www.vavelta.com

Frank…this should be yet another “clue” for the HM-naysayers and doubters out there who think ICX and Aderans are “pulling our legs”, etc. This is a real biotech company with at least one world-class researcher who are attempting to make cell-based cosmetic applications a reality.

Does anybody know when Intercytex named the Vavelta product? Seems to me that once the product is named, you know it’s coming out. TRC still doesn’t have a marketable name yet. How long was it from when the name was announced to the release (supposedly this year).

I can’t understand how people can compare wrinkle removal to something as complex as regrowing hair.
I don’t think that ICX are a bunch of idiots living a fantasy,I just doubt we will see HM any time soon. The IDEA is there, wether it can be turned into a commercial product any time soon is something else.

» I can’t understand how people can compare wrinkle removal to something as
» complex as regrowing hair.
» I don’t think that ICX are a bunch of idiots living a fantasy,I just doubt
» we will see HM any time soon. The IDEA is there, wether it can be turned
» into a commercial product any time soon is something else.

I’m missing photos :slight_smile: and don’t tell me that photos mean nothing. I know that photos can be fake. But photos are what average joe is mostly interested in. Though I’m pretty sure that they will provide some at some point.

Give us something !

Guys on this forum demand photos & videos from HTP docs to verify their results & then scrutinise the photos like it’s their job to debunk the success of a HTP yet they all play dumb & ignorant when it comes to seeing physical proof from ICX.I can’t understand that.
ICX claims to have grown 66 hairs in some trialists.They didn’t even say if they were thick hairs or fine blonde ones that wouldn’t make an aesthetic difference.

» Give us something !
»
» Guys on this forum demand photos & videos from HTP docs to verify their
» results & then scrutinise the photos like it’s their job to debunk the
» success of a HTP yet they all play dumb & ignorant when it comes to seeing
» physical proof from ICX.I can’t understand that.
» ICX claims to have grown 66 hairs in some trialists.They didn’t even say
» if they were thick hairs or fine blonde ones that wouldn’t make an
» aesthetic difference.

Most probably they were fine blonde ones. It was safety trial I doubt they tried anything close to the required dosage.

When asked about the characteristics of the new hairs observed in the test subjects and whether they resembled cosmetically acceptable terminal hairs, Dr. Kemp said it is premature to conclude at this point given that the test area was only 1 sq cm in size. Also, the fact that the test site was shaved in order to facilitate the hair count made it difficult to evaluate the aesthetics quality of the ICX-TRC induced hairs. It is hoped that the final product will deliver cosmetically acceptable results with near “terminal hair” quality. More conclusive observations and evidence about the hair characteristics will be available upon the completion of phase 2.

http://www.hairsite.com/intercytex-hair-multiplication.htm

I don’t know how anyone can read that link & still think that HM will be released this year or the next.

» Give us something !
»
» Guys on this forum demand photos & videos from HTP docs to verify their
» results & then scrutinise the photos like it’s their job to debunk the
» success of a HTP yet they all play dumb & ignorant when it comes to seeing
» physical proof from ICX.I can’t understand that.
» ICX claims to have grown 66 hairs in some trialists.They didn’t even say
» if they were thick hairs or fine blonde ones that wouldn’t make an
» aesthetic difference.

The reasons are simple. HT has a long history of deception and disfigurement of its patients. So most patients demand photos in order to feel more comfortable with paying out an extremely large amount of money for such a risky and unpredictable procedure. In 100% of your posts, you act as though HT works. While that might be your opinion, very few of us on this particular forum actually agree with you.

HM is a new field, and no photos exist because the technology is not being offered as a commercial treatment nor is it being developed in the public domain. Therefore, most people are educated enough to know better than to expect photos of this technique. However, if one digs, they can find photos of animal experiments using human cells etc. Obviously, this is quite far from having a working procedure in humans, but it gives people hope who are just plain fed up with the barbaric, antiquated, and disfiguring practice of HT.

So the short answer is that people demand photos of HT because it comes nowhere near delivering a satisfactory solution to the problem; thus, people are extremely scared about putting forth large amounts of time, money, pain, shame, and embarassment toward getting the procedure. OTOH, HM provides hope that a non-barbaric treatment is near that is relatively pain-free, requires minimal effort, is extremely non-invasive, and appears natural after the procedure is performed.

Truthfully, HT is a lottery. Some guys win and others lose, but most people land inbetween and are left with plain old-fashioned dissapointment. Thus, in a world where HT is all there is available, many people have begun to search for a more intelligent way to restore their hair. This forum exists for one reason and one reason only, because HT is such a poor method of hair restoration. Don’t take my word for it, even the plethora of doctored photos on numerous HT clinic’s websites clearly document this fact.

Why are people extremely unexcited about HT yet extremely excited about HM? I really think it almost goes without saying, but I decided to spell it out anyways.

» In 100% of your posts, you
» act as though HT works. While that might be your opinion, very few of us
» on this particular forum actually agree with you.

I lost my life due to HTP surgery so what are you talking about? I hope & pray that HM kills HTP surgery & bankrupts all the butchers.
Dude,I am on the verge of taking my life because of HTP surgery.If I don’t kill myself in the next few weeks I can guarantee you that I will on Christmas day,the mother of all depressing days.This is it for me,no b.s.If ICX doesn’t make an announcement soon I am gone.Nobody wants hm to be a reality more then me.I still have dreams of coming back but those dreams dwindle every day.Why do you think I am so desperate for proof ? Because it will prevent me from taking my life.

» Truthfully, HT is a lottery. Some guys win and others lose, but most
» people land inbetween and are left with plain old-fashioned
» dissapointment.

I totally agree with that,I am living proof of it.I am totally against strip surgery,I think it should be banned.FUE is the lessor of the 2 evils but I wish it was around in my day.HTP surgery is a reality whilst HM isn’t at the moment.BHT COULD,MIGHT conceal my scar but Doctors ignore me because I don’t have the money.
For guys like you who can wait for HM to come out in 4-10 years time that’s great.But for guys like me,this isn’t a joke.It’s a life & death situation.
It is very easy to judge or criticize my views because you are not in my place. You will never understand me or my position unless you are in my shoes.

Read this from ICX’s website:

"A Phase II trial has commenced in the UK, designed to test the efficacy of VAVELTA™ in naso-labial folds. A second Phase II trial is planned to start this summer to evaluate the efficacy of VAVELTA™ in facial imperfections. It is anticipated that preliminary results from these trials will be available at the end of 2007.

Although not required to undertake clinical trials by law, Intercytex believes that it is the appropriate and responsible course to comprehensively evaluate its product. This will ensure patient and clinician confidence and is in anticipation of new legislation relating to products such as VAVELTA™."

Their valveta website on the ICX PAGE is HERE, http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxrhy/

They have only been through a phase one safety trial, and although they can sell this kind of procedure in the now, they still want to try it out in a controlled trial that is not merely a safety trial, but an efficacy trial.

You aren’t reading what the COMPANY says Damon, you are reading posts discussing future POSSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS of the procedure and acting as if the company are stating this indications are doing these things NOW. They aren’t, but believe they will after testing and adjustment, and a little more testing. We are sorry that you are in an awful situation due to a dishonest lousy doc, and these companies are attempting better alternatives to scalpel based cosmetic countermeasures, but they are doing it according to the laws regarding these things------------which means official tests that take certain pre-determined (by the state) amounts of time. They dont OWE us pictures before they have even TRIALLED it do they?

By the way, ICX did release a picture of HM hair growth (quite thick) on a genetically BALD mouse. It looked like thick white mouse fur. THis was two years or so ago, but many forum members remember it.

In my next life I want to be a mouse.

» » In 100% of your posts, you
» » act as though HT works. While that might be your opinion, very few of
» us
» » on this particular forum actually agree with you.
»
» I lost my life due to HTP surgery so what are you talking about? I hope &
» pray that HM kills HTP surgery & bankrupts all the butchers.
» Dude,I am on the verge of taking my life because of HTP surgery.If I don’t
» kill myself in the next few weeks I can guarantee you that I will on
» Christmas day,the mother of all depressing days.This is it for me,no
» b.s.If ICX doesn’t make an announcement soon I am gone.Nobody wants hm to
» be a reality more then me.I still have dreams of coming back but those
» dreams dwindle every day.Why do you think I am so desperate for proof ?
» Because it will prevent me from taking my life.
»
»
» » Truthfully, HT is a lottery. Some guys win and others lose, but most
» » people land inbetween and are left with plain old-fashioned
» » dissapointment.
»
» I totally agree with that,I am living proof of it.I am totally against
» strip surgery,I think it should be banned.FUE is the lessor of the 2 evils
» but I wish it was around in my day.HTP surgery is a reality whilst HM isn’t
» at the moment.BHT COULD,MIGHT conceal my scar but Doctors ignore me because
» I don’t have the money.
» For guys like you who can wait for HM to come out in 4-10 years time
» that’s great.But for guys like me,this isn’t a joke.It’s a life & death
» situation.
» It is very easy to judge or criticize my views because you are not in my
» place. You will never understand me or my position unless you are in my
» shoes.

Okay, first I apologize for having a bit of a tat with you. Also, I have obviously misread you. He he, and I’m the one who keeps saying assumptions are dangerous. My bad.

It is your negativity toward HM that has been the seed of my misinterpretation. All’s I can say is that if you believe that HM could come out in 4-10 years, then you believe there is at least a possibility in 4 years the bald crap life will be over, and I don’t mean by being dead.

I once went through a really devasting and tormenting neurological illness. The psychical and psychological suffering I endured in those days is absolutely indescribable. It was beyond what I ever previously imagined could be possible except for perhaps being a Jew in a Nazi concentration camp. In fact, for awhile I debated whether I would switch places if I were given the chance (it helped the days pass). I finally decided I would switch because it would be a different kind of suffering, and it would be nice to switch for awhile :slight_smile:

I contemplated killing myself every single second of every single day for a period of about 2 years (or maybe it was 4? I have very little memory of that period of my life). And I would have chosen to off myself save two things:

1. It is tremendously hard on the people you leave behind when you kill yourself. Sometimes it even takes them down so far psychologically that they exit the world early as well.

2. I figured there was about a one in a million chance I might get better some day, so I might as well take those odds.

What I can tell you is that I suffered for another 8 years or so, but I eventually figured out how to get well again, go back to school and get a degree so that I could support myself, and get a good job where I am appreciated. In fact, so much opportunity opened up in my life during that time that I was offered 5 jobs before I even graduated. Biomedical researcher, software engineer, database architect, you name it, the world opened up for me like I never before dreamed imaginable. The abstract poverty and despair that had been brought on by my previously becoming ill was over. It was and continues to be like waking up from the grave. Every day of my new life I get something else back that I previously lost or surrendered.

Sometimes I look back and wonder how I ever lived through all of that. I am like the opposite person that I was then. Back then, I couldn’t stand the thought of having to live one more day. But today, I look at the short time I have left in life, and I think to myself, “I t really just isn’t long enough. I have a lot to do and such a short time to do it in. There is no time to waste; thus, I must maximize every day to its fullest potential.”

So from my perspective, you can go ahead and kill yourself now and escape all the suffering that baldness presents. Or you can continue to fight it. Yes, you will have a tough time for several more years. Perhaps that time will be indescribably tough, but you know if you set your mind on it, you can survive it. Maybe things will not go well, and you will have to tough it out for 10 more years.

Unlike my pre-illness life, I don’t have much compared to others. I have uncles with 100’s of millions of dollars, and I can tell you that I am much happier of a person than they are. Hair would not help them, nothing could, except for perhaps suffering from a very intense chronic disease for a decade or so and then coming out of it and landing right back in the middle of the life they left so many years before.

You not only have the chance to land back in the middle of the pre-baldness life that you left (or that left you), if you choose to fight, you know that you will acheive victory. And in those days, you will wake up one day and realize that the world is your footstool and you are happy again.

You say that I have the luxury of waiting 4 to 10 years to get my hair back. But as I see it, I probably don’t have much of a choice in the matter.

» By the way, ICX did release a picture of HM hair growth (quite thick) on a
» genetically BALD mouse. It looked like thick white mouse fur. THis was two
» years or so ago, but many forum members remember it.

The photo was of a mouse that had been injected with human DP cells, and the hair growth was indeed extremely dense. Quite obviously, if they can achieve those results in humans, hairloss is over.