Using nizoral alone?

I just found this paper about nizoral for hair loss with before & after photos ( may be you already knew it, but I found it amazing ):

Anyone use it as cream an without any other treatment? Also there is a foam version of ketoconazole which will make the things a lot less greasier.

wow i’m stunned. i’ve never seen that study.

I’ve started using Nizoral 2% shampoo almost every day. I’ll check if 9 months if my results are anything like what’s shown. I also use Avodart/Propecia and more recently Minox 5%.

Where exactly do we get the nizoral lotion mentioned in the paper? Or do they mean nizoral cream? Is it available in all drug stores.

wrong forum

» I just found this paper about nizoral for hair loss with before &
» after photos ( may be you already knew it, but I found it amazing ):
» http://www.keepingmyhair.com/japanese-study-nizoral-cream-ie-ketoconazole/
» Anyone use it as cream an without any other treatment? Also there is a foam
» version of ketoconazole which will make the things a lot less greasier.

I posted this study many times in the HM forum and the topical forum

its a great study,
remember niz shampoo is very harsh, the ones I found, dry your hair and scalp so much that its well there is HCL (hydrochloric acid) in it, and also an ingredient of embalming fluid

I found the cream much more palatable , but remember that nizoral can be systemic
and it gets into your system do not use it every day
I was leaving the cream on overnight which I think was a big mistake
perhaps leave the cream on for 30 minutes then wash out about 3 times per week would be my recommendation

I got a huge shed and thinning with the cream which really freaked me out however it all grew back much thicker

IMO from my experience it worked great on thinning areas
bald areas? not at all

but hey great on thinning areas? I will take that any day

my bald areas do not respond to any treatment

notice in the study it worked better on the younger patients