UPSET 4.5 months Armani post-op

i received 2200 grafts in my temple angles in early Feb 07. The right side is growing in thick and nice so far. The left side temple area is growing in very poorly however (think and sparse). Additionally, there are bumps underneath my left temple angle. I am worried that the left side hairs are all growing but not able to reach the surface of my scalp (i do have curly hair).

If i run my fingers along the left temple area where the hairs don’t seem to be growing, i feel these kindof hard, dime to quarter-sized bumps underneath my scalp. Are these ingrown haris unable to break through to the surface? Will this problem resolve itself over time? Do i need to go back to Canada for a touch up? are there hairs growing underneath the surface of my head that are just getting longer and longer and not able to break through?

so what’s the deal? why is the growth so poor?

» i received 2200 grafts in my temple angles in early Feb 07. The right side
» is growing in thick and nice so far. The left side temple area is growing
» in very poorly however (think and sparse). Additionally, there are bumps
» underneath my left temple angle. I am worried that the left side hairs are
» all growing but not able to reach the surface of my scalp (i do have curly
» hair).
»
» If i run my fingers along the left temple area where the hairs don’t seem
» to be growing, i feel these kindof hard, dime to quarter-sized bumps
» underneath my scalp. Are these ingrown haris unable to break through to
» the surface? Will this problem resolve itself over time? Do i need to go
» back to Canada for a touch up? are there hairs growing underneath the
» surface of my head that are just getting longer and longer and not able to
» break through?
»
» so what’s the deal? why is the growth so poor?

have you asked the doc and what did he say, / if you have not given the doc a chance to address these issue, discussing them on the forum is premature

when i say upset, I mean worried. I THINK ARMANI IS VERY TALENTED AND A VERY GOOD DOCTOR (ONE OF THE BEST), however, I am concerned about my left temple area with little growth and bumps under the skin.

One of the doctor’s assistants told me not to worry and that everything will grow out. I just am worried about it and wanted to see if anyone n this site had dealt with anything like this…

» when i say upset, I mean worried. I THINK ARMANI IS VERY TALENTED AND A
» VERY GOOD DOCTOR (ONE OF THE BEST), however, I am concerned about my left
» temple area with little growth and bumps under the skin.
»
» One of the doctor’s assistants told me not to worry and that everything
» will grow out. I just am worried about it and wanted to see if anyone n
» this site had dealt with anything like this…

I had the same problem but it eventually caught up. It didnt really catch up till around the 12-14 month mark but it did catch up. They said it was something to do with blood circulation. Dont worry im sure it will grow in.

so the bumps under the skin- what is that? I had an ingrown hair on my face once that caused a non-irritated bump like this…

p.s. thanks johnny, youre comments are always helpful (i know you went to armani too)

Hi Michael,

Are you able to take some pictures? This way we have a better idea what the situation is. Also, it’s always best to contact your doctor as well so that he can attend to your situation promptly.

While there are some patients who see results in as little as 4-5 months, take that as the exception rather than the norm. Normally it does take about 9-12 months before you see the full benefits of the transplant.

I’ll take some pictures, however the bumps (dime to quarter size but not nevessarily circular by the way they feel)i describe are not visible. they can only be felt as slight elevations as my fingers travel across my left temple area.

I have spoken with the Dr.'s office but wanted to see if others have had this or know what this is or if it means the grafts in this area will not eventually grow…

I have always found it extremely annoying that HTP surgeons don’t have a hands on approach from the beginning to the end.Once they cut & suture the strip they are gone.Very few of them place grafts,the majority of the work is done by techs.No offence to any of the techs here but that doesn’t sit well with me.
Sure the Docs supervise but they aren’t going to stand over the shoulder of a tech for a 10 hour mega session.That would be a waste of their time & more importantly money.
Using this case as an example.What if the techs that were inserting grafts on his right side were experienced people while the ones on the left were on their first day? You could see how the quality of work would diminish. Someone like Woods does everything from the beginning to the end & the only other person who would help him is his sis who has been trained by him. There is no way in hell he’s gonna fudge up the most important part of the procedure.I am not a patient of his but I do respect the way he practices.I have had more then 1 HTP.The yield of the second HTP was zero because the “nurse” that was inserting the grafts was on his first day as a tech. This industry is so fukced up.The last animal who ruined my life told me prior to causing grievous bodily harm to me that he had a very high turn over of hair techs. If he only he tuned over himself.
I am not saying this is the case for this guy but you can see how it could happen.
I am sure hairtech & Jessica will have some interesting input.

Nice point damon!

This practice is followed almost everywhere. I suppose you have to be someone important and rich to have the transplant performed by the Doctor and not the tech’s.

How can you trust this??

» Nice point damon!
»
» This practice is followed almost everywhere. I suppose you have to be
» someone important and rich to have the transplant performed by the Doctor
» and not the tech’s.
»
» How can you trust this??

Unfortunately this is 1 of the many prices you have to pay in the world of HTP.In some cases,a techs ability to place grafts would definitely explain inconsistent results.Rather then address this situation Docs will continue to blame poor results on a patients ability to heal rather then looking at his own staff.It all goes back to the lack of regulation in this industry

I am only repeating myself,Dr Woods has no techs.I wonder why?

All you can do is hope that something like HM comes out & rids the world of these procedures. Unfortunately, I am sure certain Docs will find a way to take advantage of HM as well.

It’s still too early to analyze the yield, and it’s not unusual for one side to grow in slower, and I agree with the blood supply issue because hair follicles will perish without it. As soon as they regain their blood supply post-op in the healing process, they will move back into the anagen phase.

It’s hard to say what the bumps are without seeing you. I would take quality digital pics of the area and attach them to your e-mail of concern to your surgeon.

You should start to see alot more yield in the next several months.

» the surface? Will this problem resolve itself over time?

From what I have read, I think its still early days. Dont panic. I am in a job where I have to calm people and most of the time when you turn calm you realize that there is a simple way out.
In your case, the simplest one is to get in touch with your doctor.
He will know more than most of casual readers.

» » If i run my fingers along the left temple area where the hairs don’t
» seem
» » to be growing, i feel these kindof hard, dime to quarter-sized bumps
» » underneath my scalp. Are these ingrown haris unable to break through to
» » the surface? Will this problem resolve itself over time?
»
» From what I have read, I think its still early days. Dont panic. I am in a
» job where I have to calm people and most of the time when you turn calm you
» realize that there is a simple way out.
» In your case, the simplest one is to get in touch with your doctor.
» He will know more than most of casual readers.

FW,what exactly do you do for a living & what techniques do you use to calm people down ?

Hi michael_77:

What you are experiencing is normal and part of the process. Please remember that patients do not see the first signs of growth until 3-5 months and of course the final result until one year. It’s a long process and the key is to be patient. It’s also normal for one area, the right or left side, to grow faster than the other. It’s not until around nine months that everything blends together: remember not all areas will grow at the same time. The bumps that you are referring to are ingrown hairs, hairs that fail to grow out of the follicle and stay embedded in the skin. Ingrown hairs are just minor irritations and can be treated with fucidin h cream. It’s actually a great sign of growth to come :slight_smile: Send me an e-mail, and I’ll mail you some fucidin h cream.

Take care.

Shane wrote:
“The bumps that you are referring to are ingrown hairs, hairs that fail to grow out of the follicle and stay embedded in the skin.”

Hi Shane:
So will these hairs stay embedded or will they eventually break through to the surface?

» i received 2200 grafts in my temple angles in early Feb 07. The right side
» is growing in thick and nice so far. The left side temple area is growing
» in very poorly however (think and sparse). Additionally, there are bumps
» underneath my left temple angle. I am worried that the left side hairs are
» all growing but not able to reach the surface of my scalp (i do have curly
» hair).
»
» the surface? Will this problem resolve itself over time? Do i need to go
» back to Canada for a touch up? are there hairs growing underneath the
» surface of my head that are just getting longer and longer and not able to
» break through?
»
» so what’s the deal? why is the growth so poor?

michael, it hasn’t been long enough. chill

Joeboo,
Would you drop me a line at g_dowless@yahoo.com.

Thanks

17,000 Body Hair Grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» Joeboo,
» Would you drop me a line at g_dowless@yahoo.com.
»
» Thanks
»
»
» 17,000 Body Hair Grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

I have had those little ingrown hairs as well, they all go away and the hair does grow, just give it time it will work out.