Univ of Penn- Follica Article

Posting link to article about Univ of Penn discovery on wound healing and how they can generate new skin and hair follicles- Follica licensed the patent from Univ of Penn and is pursuing cure for baldness- looks very promising

Thanks for the link but unfortunately that is ooooooold news.

» Thanks for the link but unfortunately that is ooooooold news.

Thanks for leting me know- sorry about that!

Follica has a website, and I posted an interview with their CEO, Daphne Zohar, as its a bit down the subject page if one scrolls down. They haven’t tried it in humans yet, but it is exciting.

For years Docs have noted some strangely good hair growth in some accident victims with head wounds. Maybe this is what that is, who knows?

I look at it like a “backup”, much like ACELL, for HM. But I have my hopes on HM. Heck, I wish there were ten ways for a guy to have a full head of hair all his life.:slight_smile: . Im trying to ‘hang on’ to my fairly good hair now with finas, niz, and peptides.

I’m italian and so I don’t understand very well the english language when it is spoken very fast. Can you tell me if Zohar Dafne says " a couple of years" to realize a product for the market? The link is the following:
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1127701415&channel=245991542

» Posting link to article about Univ of Penn discovery on wound healing and
» how they can generate new skin and hair follicles- Follica licensed the
» patent from Univ of Penn and is pursuing cure for baldness- looks very
» promising

I don’t understand how they can state categorically that this is the first time a brand new follicle has been created in the skin of a mammal. Have they checked with Intercytex and Aderans?

» I’m italian and so I don’t understand very well the english language when
» it is spoken very fast. Can you tell me if Zohar Dafne says " a couple of
» years" to realize a product for the market? The link is the following:
» http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1127701415&channel=245991542

This video clip is very poorly edited. The original footage was obviously sliced and diced, and Daphne’s answers do not match the man’s questions.

Nowhere in the interview do I hear her say anything like “a couple of years”, or give any timeline whatsoever for any product.

One thing I find interesting about this whole Follica thing is how a 33 year-old woman, with no scientific or management degrees listed in any of her bios, founds and becomes CEO of not one but 3 or 4 different cutting-edge biotech companies, staffed by big rosters of gray-haired and bald 60 year-old PhDs and MDs.

This must be a “Boston” thing… The young, empowered female CEO!

BostonBaldy, am I right?

BTW, I think it’s cool and I like Daphne.

By the way, she’s 33 but looks 18, so I guess that’s a good thing in the aesthetic medicine and rejuvenation market!

Yeah, Boston is great for biotechs these days! As far as a new hair follicle, technically Intercytex and Aderans are implanting cells from “old” cells, right? While in contrast Follica has demonstrated a new hair follicle de novo, originating directly (and rather spontaneously I might add) from the skin.

» Yeah, Boston is great for biotechs these days! As far as a new hair
» follicle, technically Intercytex and Aderans are implanting cells from
» “old” cells, right? While in contrast Follica has demonstrated a new hair
» follicle de novo, originating directly (and rather spontaneously I might
» add) from the skin.

Not sure. If Follica will be using cell lines from MPB-affected areas, then presumably they would be susceptible to DHT and would eventually miniaturize. But I don’t think the Follica people are that stupid. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to use cell lines from non-MPB affected areas.

Intercytex and Aderans are using “old” cell lines, but they key is they’re from areas of the scalp that are genetically more resistant to MPB.