Tricho stretch

I find this thread a little misleading, and i think I can say that having had strip before and being left with a bad scar. Bevrotti, you represent a FUE clinic and will obviously show a poor strip result, be it growth or scar. I am sure we can find poor FUE scarring if we looked enough, even from one of your doctors.

The point is that scarring occurs, always. This isn’t good the picture you showed but tell who the doc is, some unknown obscure Euro Doc or a name in the industry. We all know it goes on and i have been a victim, but don’t scare people to think this is normal. What ever your standards are they are not everyone elses.

I agree with Jotronic, although no proof this looks like 2 scars, you can see pigment changes between the hair and lines that wouldn’t be there if it was one scar.

What was the purpose of this, to promote FUE over strip or to show what you can do if someone has a bad scar that needs repairing?

» I find this thread a little misleading, and i think I can say that having
» had strip before and being left with a bad scar. Bevrotti, you represent a
» FUE clinic and will obviously show a poor strip result, be it growth or
» scar. I am sure we can find poor FUE scarring if we looked enough, even
» from one of your doctors.
»
» The point is that scarring occurs, always. This isn’t good the picture you
» showed but tell who the doc is, some unknown obscure Euro Doc or a name in
» the industry. We all know it goes on and i have been a victim, but don’t
» scare people to think this is normal. What ever your standards are they
» are not everyone elses.
»
» I agree with Jotronic, although no proof this looks like 2 scars, you can
» see pigment changes between the hair and lines that wouldn’t be there if
» it was one scar.
»
» What was the purpose of this, to promote FUE over strip or to show what
» you can do if someone has a bad scar that needs repairing?

I didn’t post this so I can’t speak to what the purpose of it was, but I think Dr. Cole’s post above is telling. As he says, ALL strip docs occassionally have bad scars no matter how skilled they are. Of course, the lesser docs have bad scars more routinely.

Point for me is this: strip scars may widen, and it may happen every time or only on the “last” one. Tricho closure (to answer Jessica’s question) makes no difference. I have even heard it bandied about on the web that “maybe” the hairs growing in post-tricho closure “might” act as little sutures; this puportedly could have the effect of strengthening the scar. This idea has no basis in theory or practice, as far as we can tell.

So again, I say (and this is coming from a clinic that does BOTH): with FUE/FIT you MAY get some little white dots in the donor area. With strip you MAY get a widened scar, and you will most certainly get a linear scar of 1 to 2 mm, best case scenario, and it will change the direction of hair growth under the scar most of the time.

In truth, this picture COULD be of two strip scars together (although the best docs generally take out the scar with the new strip if at all possible, instead of “stacking” them). To me, it does illustrate something we will begin seeing as the years go by, now that tricho closure has been popularly marketed as the answer to the linear scar problem. The widened ones will start to show up on follow-ups or on repeat procedures; the patient may or may not be aware of it. I also predict that some patients will present for FUE/FIT post-tricho strip, and we will begin to see how they actually look shaven down (which I think will probably not be a whole lot different from the non-tricho scars).

Tricophytic closures and/or Ledge closures can hugely improve the appearance of the donor area. There are some valuable to points to be taken from this discussion though. Simply doing the tricho does not guarantee a small scar. The width of the scar has more to do with the tension of the closure and other factors. I know Dr. Rose is fanatical about getting a beautiful closure under little or no tension. This usually produces a very thin scar. Getting a few rows of hair to grow through an already faint strip scar can provide great result. On the flipside of the coin are the poor or high-tension closures that stretch back. In these cases, the tricho or Ledge will not help very much. Tricho can be great procedure but only if the doc is already performing excellent donor closures to begin with.

»
» What was the purpose of this, to promote FUE over strip or to show what
» you can do if someone has a bad scar that needs repairing?

I bet it was another attempt of promoting FUE over strip. FUE salesmen like Bverotti love presenting those pitiful pics as for promoting the clinics they are employed by.

Hey Jtel you say i have never had a hair transplant, you are right, but I know more about them than the average joe off the street, though not as much as some veterans who have gotten butchered…are u saying this scar is acceptable? fixable? what …? have another strip to fix the other scars? poor guy…are u saying that the scar will fill in with FUE? hardly from some of the results I have seen

your analogy that I have never had a transplant so I know nothing about them, can be applied to you also…You have never learned to save your hair, you lost it all, so your giving advice on regimens to prevent hairloss is totally , laughable…stick to the transplant board, it suits you better

why dont you come back over to the natural forum and offer us some of your genius advice on how not to lose your hair, ops i forgot you lost all yours

» Okay then. Hair transplants are not for you, Hangin. Isn’t it time that you
» crawled back under your rock in the Natural Forum? You have not had
» transplants and do not know a thing about them. Your comments are quite
» meaningless and useless on this forum. Nobody is looking to you for any
» advice nor do they want to hear your mindless badgering of their hair
» transplant results. You have said it yourself - you are not going to have
» a transplant. The “Phills” must not be all that great if you are
» constantly at your computer.
»
» Jtelecom