Tricho stretch

We are seeing the following more frequently lately.
The idea of tricho closure seems to work in most cases, however it does not prevent scars from stretching.

one of the reasons,why i wont get a transplant

according to jtel that makes me a pussy

If avoiding bodily mutilation for the sake of vanity makes me a pussy, then MEOW:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

» We are seeing the following more frequently lately.
» The idea of tricho closure seems to work in most cases, however it does
» not prevent scars from stretching.
»
»

Thats a bad scar, the donar looks very this also, makes my scar from Dr rogers look ok!

Thats a bad scar, the donor looks very thin also, makes my scar from Dr
rogers look ok!

Thank you for posting this. Warnings are one thing, but seeing the pictures are quite another.

What do you feel are this patient’s best options for repair?

Sometimes it’s not so much the technique but rather the doctor who does the procedure. FUE and BHT can produce disaster too if it is done incorrectly.

» Sometimes it’s not so much the technique but rather the doctor who does the
» procedure. FUE and BHT can produce disaster too if it is done incorrectly.

Hairsite, do you have any pics of badly done fue??

Here’s one, the so called white dots in the donor site.

That scar is nothing ! He can get that cut out in small sections or even try bht.The scar is so small it would cost him nothing to have BHT.
I would post pics of my scar but i know that certain doctors will use the photos for their own personal gain.My scar will make you vomit,no exageration.I am from ear to ear,more then 5 cm wide.

Okay then. Hair transplants are not for you, Hangin. Isn’t it time that you crawled back under your rock in the Natural Forum? You have not had transplants and do not know a thing about them. Your comments are quite meaningless and useless on this forum. Nobody is looking to you for any advice nor do they want to hear your mindless badgering of their hair transplant results. You have said it yourself - you are not going to have a transplant. The “Phills” must not be all that great if you are constantly at your computer.

Jtelecom

» Here’s one, the so called white dots in the donor site.
»
»

Hmmm… these pictures are often used as evidence of FUE “complications”, but I’ll take this over an ear to ear linear scar, even a relatively narrow one, any day.
The linear scar also changes the direction of hair growth beneath the scar, and that can be discerned even with the hair several inches long in some cases.
I think that some practitioners calling FUE “scarless” (and non-surgical)early on was very misleading. This hypopigmentation can occur. But again, to me there is simply no comparison to a linear scar.

I would rather have had white dots on my scap that would be hidden by my hair rather then a massive scar that cannot be concealed at all.
Strip surgery is such a barbaric practice,it should be banned.

Bverotti,

I think it would be fair to note that this patient had at least two strips prior to this photo being taken. Everyone should know that trico is supposedly not as effective on repair patients. From the looks of it, the notion that the doctor that performs the procedure counts a lot is more than valid as well.

» Bverotti,
»
» I think it would be fair to note that this patient had at least two strips
» prior to this photo being taken. Everyone should know that trico is
» supposedly not as effective on repair patients. From the looks of it, the
» notion that the doctor that performs the procedure counts a lot is more
» than valid as well.

I agree with Joe about the surgeon’s skill level in doing this. The sad fact is, however, that some patients will widen no matter how skilled the surgeon is, and tricho in that case will just result in a wide scar with some scattered hair in it, not much better than no tricho.
Tricho will usually give better results in that hair will grow out of the scar, hopefully in approximately the correct directions. It will not, however, alleviate the change in hair direction below the scar, nor will it look a whole lot better, when shaved down, than a non-tricho closure.
White dots sometimes happen with FIT/FUE. It’s just a matter of which one feels is more concealable to the patient. Both options and their consequences are part of a valid informed consent.

where do you come up with this notion that a tricho is not as good in repair cases. it’s not that good period. it does not matter if the case is a repair patient. incidentally, the physician who first began promoting the tricho closure states that it distorts hair growth angles so it should really only be used in the very last strip procedure.

just because someone had previous strip procedures, does not make him a repair patient. there are plenty of very good surgeons, who perform strip surgeries, out there who leave obvious strip scars periodically, myself included. no one can predict a strip scar regardless of who the physician is and regardless of what technique you use to close the donor area. this is why no one under age 30 should allow anyone to perform a strip procedure on them. wait until you are beyond 30 and then consider one if you still are inclined to pursue this avenue of restoration.

» Bverotti,
»
» I think it would be fair to note that this patient had at least two strips
» prior to this photo being taken. Everyone should know that trico is
» supposedly not as effective on repair patients. From the looks of it, the
» notion that the doctor that performs the procedure counts a lot is more
» than valid as well.

Sorry, but the patient told us that his procedure was done about 1,5 years ago in a European clinic. To date it is his only procedure.

BV

»
» Sorry, but the patient told us that his procedure was done about 1,5 years
» ago in a European clinic. To date it is his only procedure.
»
»
» BV

And there you have it…

Fit2btied,

Good input.

Bverotti,

From what I see there are two distinctly separate scars. I won’t argue obviously because I don’t have access to the patient but I see what I see. Is it possible that there was a miscommunication. I’m not saying that I’m 100% correct. If I’m wrong, then boy this scar sucks. Were you able to help him out?

» Here’s one, the so called white dots in the donor site.
»
»
Is this considered a bad fue scar? or is this a pic of a good fue scar?

Although it kind of looks like two strip scars, that’s only one strip scar. The scar widened, but the hair still grew through the center of the scar because of the tricho closure. In effect, the hair divides the widened scar in half verticaly.

bverotti,

Did the tricho technique have something to do with the scar widening, or would it have widened with or without tricho?