Transitioning from oral Fin to topical Fin/Minox

Hello. New here. I recently consulted with an HT MD and rec’d PRP and we talked about transitioning from oral Fin 5mg cut into 1/3 daily to a topical combo of FIN and Minox which I was told is more effective and that the long term effect on the brain as well as the body from orals may be risky. I have been on orals since August 1999 with zero sides. Started with Propecia 1mg daily then generic Fin in 2017 then the 5mg combo but the MD made a good point that we do not really know how much of the Fin effectively reach the hair.
My initial question to the group:
Does anyone have any experience with this?
If so was, did you lose anything?

It’s been my understanding that it’s not about the Fin “reaching the hair.” It’s about it limiting the testosterone conversion to DHT in the body, or, in other words, the blood supply, which reaches the hair. It’s a systemic thing. But I am no authority on this stuff.

Topical finas does work but the big question is where are you going to get topical finasteride from? It is not easy to find.

Here’s a clinical study that shows topical finasteride works just as well.

“Of the 45 patients who underwent a continuous treatment for AGA, 84.44% maintained a good hair density with topical minoxidil-finasteride combinatio. Of the five patients who discontinued oral finasteride for 8-12 months, four demonstrated good improvement in hair density when treatment was resumed with topical minoxidil-finasteride combination.”

Thanks to @helpmeout , here’s another article that should allay your concerns regarding efficacy and side effects:

Yep. I used to order topical finasteride from Dr. Klein but sadly he passsed away and I wasnt able to reorder since.

@Hairme7 do share if you know where I can order good quality topical finasteride, legally :slight_smile: