Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Transitioning from oral Fin to topical Fin/Minox

Hello. New here. I recently consulted with an HT MD and rec’d PRP and we talked about transitioning from oral Fin 5mg cut into 1/3 daily to a topical combo of FIN and Minox which I was told is more effective and that the long term effect on the brain as well as the body from orals may be risky. I have been on orals since August 1999 with zero sides. Started with Propecia 1mg daily then generic Fin in 2017 then the 5mg combo but the MD made a good point that we do not really know how much of the Fin effectively reach the hair.
My initial question to the group:
Does anyone have any experience with this?
If so was, did you lose anything?

It’s been my understanding that it’s not about the Fin “reaching the hair.” It’s about it limiting the testosterone conversion to DHT in the body, or, in other words, the blood supply, which reaches the hair. It’s a systemic thing. But I am no authority on this stuff.

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.