TOCO-8 - Claims 41% increase in hair count in 5 months

Any updates with this product? Has it helped your hair any?

Perry

Perry, I didn’t experience any regrowth with the tocotrienols by themselves. It did make my existing hair and nails stronger, though.

I’m just about to order some more hair supplements and I found these:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1298809049621087047&at=0
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=7918&at=0

Do you think the NOW Natural resveratrol version would be better than the jarrows version of resveratrol? or vice versa?

Perry

» I’m just about to order some more hair supplements and I found these:
»
» http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1298809049621087047&at=0
» http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=7918&at=0
»
» Do you think the NOW Natural resveratrol version would be better than the
» jarrows version of resveratrol? or vice versa?
»
»
» Perry

be careful with resveratrol, it is not even proven to extend life, and it is not proven to be the active ingredient in red grapes that supposedly is helpful in reducing heart disease

however it is a severe blood thinner, My friend took it, she has occasional problems with her gums bleeding

after she took resveratrol, she said it was like someone punched her in the mouth, her gums bled so bad

Figures. Seems any supplement that has the potential to help hair gives me side effects, lol.

How much was she taking? I only plan to take one pill a day. I think that’s 100 mg per day. Is anyone else here experiencing side effects?

»
» be careful with resveratrol, it is not even proven to extend life, and it
» is not proven to be the active ingredient in red grapes that supposedly is
» helpful in reducing heart disease
»
» however it is a severe blood thinner, My friend took it, she has
» occasional problems with her gums bleeding
»
» after she took resveratrol, she said it was like someone punched her in
» the mouth, her gums bled so bad

» Figures. Seems any supplement that has the potential to help hair gives me
» side effects, lol.
»
» How much was she taking? I only plan to take one pill a day. I think
» that’s 100 mg per day. Is anyone else here experiencing side effects?
»
»
»
»
»
»
» »
» » be careful with resveratrol, it is not even proven to extend life, and
» it
» » is not proven to be the active ingredient in red grapes that supposedly
» is
» » helpful in reducing heart disease
» »
» » however it is a severe blood thinner, My friend took it, she has
» » occasional problems with her gums bleeding
» »
» » after she took resveratrol, she said it was like someone punched her in
» » the mouth, her gums bled so bad

it was not a high dosage, not sure how much

who says resveratrol is helpful for hair loss. if so it is the vaso dilating effects that will do it, much like rogaine

but hell, niacin B vitamin, has a very similar effect, and will flush your skin red if taken in high amounts, and is much cheaper and more tested than resveratrol

much better a B100 timed release, be careful with Niacin overdosing, 100mcg is enough

okay, I’ll be carefule with it then.

Many people are talking about a resveratrol/curcumin/toco combo to help hairloss. There’s even many posts on this thread about it. I’ll look for the cited links about it.

» Many people are talking about a resveratrol/curcumin/toco combo to help
» hairloss. There’s even many posts on this thread about it. I’ll look for
» the cited links about it.

Exactly.

Look, I have been taking this combo for over seven months. And it is very good: By this I mean, that I have not lost any more hair, and thinning areas
in the crown and temple have grown thicker. But unlike other herbs and vitamins (especially) that peaked in the first three months, then lost their effectiveness, this resveratrol/curcumin/tocotrienols combo seems to get better with time.

Perhaps rotating in green tea extract and garlinase has also helped :wink: .

I visited my family in America a few weeks ago and finally picked up the products I ordered. Shipping is pretty expensive these days. The combo is very good. After just a few days I noticed my hair to be MUCH thicker. I’m excited to see what happens in a few months.

Instead of toco-8, I ordered the toco-sorb by Jarrow Fomulas. I also ordered Resveratro, Curcumin, and Green Tea by Jarrow as well.

One thing I noticed is that it’s very important to take these with food. I took them on an empty stomach once and I felt like throwing up. With food they’re fine. They also can throw off my balance/coordination a little for some reason so I’m careful how much I take. I only take one pill of each once a day. Sometimes I take them everyother day. They’re pretty powerful.

» I visited my family in America a few weeks ago and finally picked up the
» products I ordered. Shipping is pretty expensive these days. The combo is
» very good. After just a few days I noticed my hair to be MUCH thicker. I’m
» excited to see what happens in a few months.
»
» Instead of toco-8, I ordered the toco-sorb by Jarrow Fomulas. I also
» ordered Resveratro, Curcumin, and Green Tea by Jarrow as well.
»
» One thing I noticed is that it’s very important to take these with food. I
» took them on an empty stomach once and I felt like throwing up. With food
» they’re fine. They also can throw off my balance/coordination a little for
» some reason so I’m careful how much I take. I only take one pill of each
» once a day. Sometimes I take them everyother day. They’re pretty powerful.

This thread seems interesting…I think we might have something here…

» » Many people are talking about a resveratrol/curcumin/toco combo to help
» » hairloss. There’s even many posts on this thread about it. I’ll look
» for
» » the cited links about it.
»
» Exactly.
»
» Look, I have been taking this combo for over seven months. And it is very
» good: By this I mean, that I have not lost any more hair, and thinning
» areas
» in the crown and temple have grown thicker. But unlike other herbs and
» vitamins (especially) that peaked in the first three months, then lost
» their effectiveness, this resveratrol/curcumin/tocotrienols combo seems to
» get better with time.
»
» Perhaps rotating in green tea extract and garlinase has also helped :wink: .

natural dht blockers do not lose their effectiveness over time, you are delusional

mine have stayed effective for 10 yrs

resveratrol is not effective for hair loss, this is also something you made up

» natural dht blockers do not lose their effectiveness over time, you are
» delusional
»
» mine have stayed effective for 10 yrs
»
» resveratrol is not effective for hair loss, this is also something you
» made up

Resveratrol and curcumin are effective for hair loss, according to the study in my signature below AND my personal experience. Why are you trying to argue this point?

From what I have read here and at other forums, DHT blockers, like beta sitosterol have side effects, as Jacob will attest. In addition, they DO lose their effectiveness over time.

Hangin’, even one of your very own followers (ORRIBLE) developed “man boobs” on your regimen, if I am not mistaken :frowning: .

I am convinced that my internal regimen is one of the best on the board today :yes: .

» I visited my family in America a few weeks ago and finally picked up the
» products I ordered. Shipping is pretty expensive these days. The combo is
» very good. After just a few days I noticed my hair to be MUCH thicker. I’m
» excited to see what happens in a few months.
»
» Instead of toco-8, I ordered the toco-sorb by Jarrow Fomulas. I also
» ordered Resveratro, Curcumin, and Green Tea by Jarrow as well.
»
» One thing I noticed is that it’s very important to take these with food. I
» took them on an empty stomach once and I felt like throwing up. With food
» they’re fine. They also can throw off my balance/coordination a little for
» some reason so I’m careful how much I take. I only take one pill of each
» once a day. Sometimes I take them everyother day. They’re pretty powerful.

Yes, take them with food. I have found that after a meal, I can take TOCO-SORB, resveratrol, and curcumin together, without any problems. I will take other herbs (e.g. garlic, green tea extract) at different times.

Be sure not to take green tea extract before or after consuming dairy products, I read something somewhere about the tea’s polyphenols and catechins binding to milk proteins, thus losing their effectiveness :frowning: .

One pill each, once a day is another plus to this regimen. Economical :yes: .

Hangin, just typing Resveratrol Curcumin and hair loss into google, I see all kinds of links about it. Why are you against it?
http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Resveratrol+curcumin+hair+loss&spell=1

As a bonus, this regimen also makes my skin look very young. I really like this combo.

» » natural dht blockers do not lose their effectiveness over time, you are
» » delusional
» »
» » mine have stayed effective for 10 yrs
» »
» » resveratrol is not effective for hair loss, this is also something you
» » made up
»
»
» Resveratrol and curcumin are effective for hair loss, according to the
» study in my signature below AND my personal experience. Why are you
» trying to argue this point?
»
» From what I have read here and at other forums, DHT blockers, like beta
» sitosterol have side effects, as Jacob will attest. In addition, they
» DO lose their effectiveness over time.
»
» Hangin’, even one of your very own followers (ORRIBLE) developed “man
» boobs” on your regimen, if I am not mistaken :frowning: .
»
» I am convinced that my internal regimen is one of the best on the
» board today :yes: .

first of all beta sis is not a mainstay of my regimen

every one of my followers developed gyno . bulllshiiit, only Kramer aka fake widows, recently said this , to make a mockery of widows regimen…in case you are too stupid to know it, widowspeak is kramer…go study up :smiley:

as far as losing their effectiveness that is also bullshiiit, please show me the posts where guys are saying this…and it better be way more than one post.

as far as resveratrol being good for hair loss it is an extreme vasodilator much like rogaine, so it might be slightly effective in the early stages , however so are about 100 other treatments, it is easy to get results in the early stages, I did this with only vitamins and minerals no dht blockers…this was in the first two to three years

try that ten years out see how well it works
I started on my natural dht blockers way further than 10 yrs out and they worked amazingly

Exactly. If he would bother to just google…

I tried LEF’s curcumin years before, but stopped because I didn’t see any results, and LEF’s formula upset my stomach terribly. I am absolutely convinced that the addition of resveratrol, for whatever reason, improves the effectiveness of curcumin, and vice versa.

I thank col for bringing it to the board’s attention.

First of all, watch your tone with me, Hangin.’ There is no need to use foul language in this thread.

A poster named “ORRIBLE” discussed his condition long before Kramer came to Hairsite: He developed breasts while on your regimen, okay.

Let’s not attribute everything to Kramer. Take responsibility for your mess, buddy.

first of all if you dont like my tone, get a backbone and some balls, and buck it up bubba, learn to take the heat or get out of the kitchen or dont read my posts

second, just because some post appears doesnt mean its true. We know it takes about 3 seconds to create another nickname and come in and support yourself. as Kramer does. He does the same thing saying beta sis caused man boobs, while he pretends he is widowspeak…a complete farce, swallowed by some board members

I would not put it past you to have several other fake nicks. How many guys ever heard of ORRIBLE? where is he now? DUH. sounds real legitimate , your contention that he got man boobs

btw beta sis is not even a big component of my regimen, i added it three years after i was on saw p , pygeum and nettles. I would say that the regimen works just as well if not better without it

even if it is proven some guy got gyno from natural dht blockers, it means nothing if its just one guy or a few guys. there are some overly sensitive people out there so sensitive to certain chemicals they cannot go out of their house without a bee keepers outfit on…99.9999 percent of the normal population does not share their sensitivity…so unless you can point to more than ONE POSTER , who has not even been proven not to be a fake nick either…your argument doesnt hold water

From a post by “perry:”

"Maybe I spelled it wrong. Limbido/libido…whatever. I’ve seen it spelled both ways.

No I am serious. I’m not the only one who had negative side effects on DHT blockers either. I started taking supplements like pygeum, nettle, beta sisterol, saw palmetto. I tried low doses and I tried lower doses. I omitted beta sis. I still had side effects. I tried them for up to a month, until I could take the fatigue anymore. I tried eating natural souces of DHT blockers like peanuts. Eventually I had the same side effects. DHT blockers just don’t work well with my body. I’m sensitive to powerful supplements so I’m not blaming it all on DHT blockers. If they work well for other people, great, but they’re not something I care to use internally."

From a post by “orrible:”

"I followed hangins regime after spending time on this forum in early 2005 and reading how naturals didnt give you side effects etc. I took beta sisterol, saw palmetoo & green tea extract in combination. After only 2 weeks i had developed gyne. I stopped the hairloss tabs and took anti estrogens but it didnt resolve. In the end i had surgery. I just thought i would post as i havent visited this forum in awhile and i would have appreciated learning about this before my disaster with naturals.

My link is below. If anybody takes the time to read through it you may see me refered to as stonecold. That was my old username on that forum, but i modified it to orrible to correspond with my hairloss forum username.

gynecomastia . org/smf/index.php/topic,3770.0.html"

There are those at regrowth.com that had an experience similar to Perry’s, including lost of short-term memory.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/user-id-239.html

according to this hairsite profile
orrible has no posts

so if he did register it was years ago and he never posted

kind of smacks your theory of his posts doesnt it? :smiley: :smiley: