This forum is like a roller coster ride lol

It seems every year some sort of hype comes out, I remember couple of years ago it was Dr Gho and people were raving and ranting that the cure is near and it will be 3 to 5 years then the rave and hype turned to finger pointing and the forum turned to bunch of people attacking each other. The next big thing was HM and the same thing happened, and a year ago it was ICTRA or whatever they are called and everyone got excited and the hype faded and now it seems to be ACELL??

I have was away from the site for a few years because I decided to get a system and it helps alot, at least you get along with your life and do not think about your hair 24/7. I think there are only three solutions to the hairloss problem for now, one is just shave your head and move on, or get a system which I do admit at some times it is to time consuming but at least I go out and have fun with friends without being depressed, or get a hair transplant.

I realized we will not see a cure for maybe 10 , 20 , 30 years from now, there are cures out there but you think the hair transplant doctors, the drug companies selling rogain and proceia will let a cure come along, do you realize they will lose billions of dollars if a cure came out. The doctors would be out of business or they would have to learn to do some kind of other cosmetic surgery other than hair transplants, the drug companies would have to go back to the lab and try to come up with another drug for other than hair loss so they can make their billions, heck even the hair system companies would be bankrupted.

So yes there is probabley a cure out there but it will not be released to the public as long as the drug companies having something to do with it.

I will admit I do come on the site and check to see if there is any new news once in awhile, but I have noticed over the years its the same crap all over again, some news comes out and everyone clinch their hopes to that news being the cure for baldness but it turns out the company coming out with the news about a cure for baldness just fades with time and we wait for the next big news.

» It seems every year some sort of hype comes out, I remember couple of years
» ago it was Dr Gho and people were raving and ranting that the cure is near
» and it will be 3 to 5 years then the rave and hype turned to finger
» pointing and the forum turned to bunch of people attacking each other. The
» next big thing was HM and the same thing happened, and a year ago it was
» ICTRA or whatever they are called and everyone got excited and the hype
» faded and now it seems to be ACELL??
»
» I have was away from the site for a few years because I decided to get a
» system and it helps alot, at least you get along with your life and do not
» think about your hair 24/7. I think there are only three solutions to the
» hairloss problem for now, one is just shave your head and move on, or get a
» system which I do admit at some times it is to time consuming but at least
» I go out and have fun with friends without being depressed, or get a hair
» transplant.
»
» I realized we will not see a cure for maybe 10 , 20 , 30 years from now,
» there are cures out there but you think the hair transplant doctors, the
» drug companies selling rogain and proceia will let a cure come along, do
» you realize they will lose billions of dollars if a cure came out. The
» doctors would be out of business or they would have to learn to do some
» kind of other cosmetic surgery other than hair transplants, the drug
» companies would have to go back to the lab and try to come up with another
» drug for other than hair loss so they can make their billions, heck even
» the hair system companies would be bankrupted.
»
» So yes there is probabley a cure out there but it will not be released to
» the public as long as the drug companies having something to do with it.
»
» I will admit I do come on the site and check to see if there is any new
» news once in awhile, but I have noticed over the years its the same crap
» all over again, some news comes out and everyone clinch their hopes to
» that news being the cure for baldness but it turns out the company coming
» out with the news about a cure for baldness just fades with time and we
» wait for the next big news.

I agree. It’s not science that is holding a cure back. I’m not a conspiracy theorist or anything. I’m just logical. I think we’re on our own.

I think you guys really must not understand the numbers involved.

$10,000 for some FUE work? A few hundred or a few thousand bucks per year for topicals & pills?

These costs might seem like a lot of money for individuals like us on a personal level. But these numbers are A JOKE compared to the take from any real MPB cure. I don’t think it’s even debatable.

Let me put it this way:

Think of the market for hair dye. Think of what a HUGE percentage of the total population dyes their hair, or at least would pay for a practical low-maintinence solution to the issue if it actually existed.

This is probably about the size of the MPB market. Whatever number is lost by the fact that women get much less (but not zero) MPB than men, is countered by the fact that EVERYONE gets gray hair and not just the people with worse genetics.

Now, imagine that the ONLY people paying for hair dye are the precentage that get HTs & hair medications. What’s that, a couple percent at best? Imagine that just as many people WANT the grey cured, but only a few percent are willing to dye their hair (because of sexual side effects & stuff).

Now, are you going to tell me that the profits from this tiny percentage of people is enough to make the cosmetic industry not want to find a better product to sell to half the goddamn population with the problem?

No way.

Agreed. and more recently, given that private equity players have entered the scene, it shouldnt be long now. (do not flame me to crisp for saying that, all im saying is that real and concentrated efforts are underway for sure).

I do hope we are free of cosmetic surgeons for solving this kind of problem. And that when a cure comes by, its launched globally and not restricted to high margin markets like the US/Europe.

I do not think this is a repeat of what people were saying 10 years ago (ie ud have a full head of hair in 5 years, and other hope raisers). Biotech has come a long way. I think we will be the last generation to suffer from this kind of ailment. No more george costanzas.

» I think you guys really must not understand the numbers involved.
»
»
»
» $10,000 for some FUE work? A few hundred or a few thousand bucks per year
» for topicals & pills?
»
» These costs might seem like a lot of money for individuals like us on a
» personal level. But these numbers are A JOKE compared to the take from any
» real MPB cure. I don’t think it’s even debatable.
»
»
»
»
»
» Let me put it this way:
»
» Think of the market for hair dye. Think of what a HUGE percentage of the
» total population dyes their hair, or at least would pay for a practical
» low-maintinence solution to the issue if it actually existed.
»
» This is probably about the size of the MPB market. Whatever number is
» lost by the fact that women get much less (but not zero) MPB than men, is
» countered by the fact that EVERYONE gets gray hair and not just the people
» with worse genetics.
»
»
»
» Now, imagine that the ONLY people paying for hair dye are the precentage
» that get HTs & hair medications. What’s that, a couple percent at best?
» Imagine that just as many people WANT the grey cured, but only a few
» percent are willing to dye their hair (because of sexual side effects &
» stuff).
»
» Now, are you going to tell me that the profits from this tiny
» percentage
of people is enough to make the cosmetic industry not want
» to find a better product to sell to half the goddamn population with
» the problem?

»
» No way.

The cure would be a one-shot NON-LABOUR INTENSIVE process. Very cheap. It would render all the quack cures useless, some of which are headed by large pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies and the HT doctors would find themselves with a LOT of time on their hands. Time in which they used to be paid premium rates.
Don’t underestimate the value of the Hair Loss market. Each of those hair loss products is taken for LIFE by EACH PERSON. A non-labour intensive cure could not possibly match those kinds of revenues. Plus, there is a finite number of people and once the cure is administered, their only expenditure remaining for their hair is the cost of their shampoo and conditioner.

I’m not saying that this is ABSOLUTELY the case. I’m merely saying that the notion should not be so casually dismissed.

Consider the anti-cancer drug market. Those drugs are exorbitantly expensive and the person has to take them for the rest of their life. What if a definitive cure was found? The revenue lost would be astronomical.
A cynical idea but sadly, the world is driven by money.

The world is driven by money, ok so that’s why your theory is absurd, imagine if HM was on the market how much money will earn the hair industry, millions of people will spend a lot to recover a full head of hair and the HT doc would be also satisfied to increase the numbers of patients,there will be always people to ask for hairs, everybody win in this case. Multiply the hairs to transplant and you have a win-win situation!

i think the conspiracy theory is funny. even if it was true, we cant do nothing about it and it wont change anything probably. morely it would show that a cure is many years away. :expressionless:

» i think the conspiracy theory is funny. even if it was true, we cant do
» nothing about it and it wont change anything probably. morely it would show
» that a cure is many years away. :expressionless:

I agree it is a funny idea however i seriously doubt it! Would make a good film though! An evil group of HT docs and wig makers plotting against all HM companies!
Zohar for Follica is success/money driven and if they come up with a viable product then you bet it will come out!!!

» » i think the conspiracy theory is funny. even if it was true, we cant do
» » nothing about it and it wont change anything probably. morely it would
» show
» » that a cure is many years away. :expressionless:
»
»
» I agree it is a funny idea however i seriously doubt it! Would make a good
» film though! An evil group of HT docs and wig makers plotting against all
» HM companies!
» Zohar for Follica is success/money driven and if they come up with a
» viable product then you bet it will come out!!!

lol ya, would make a good movie :slight_smile: .

» The world is driven by money, ok so that’s why your theory is absurd,
» imagine if HM was on the market how much money will earn the hair industry,
» millions of people will spend a lot to recover a full head of hair and the
» HT doc would be also satisfied to increase the numbers of patients,there
» will be always people to ask for hairs, everybody win in this case.
» Multiply the hairs to transplant and you have a win-win situation!

The cure would be VERY cheap because it’s not labour intensive. It would not draw in the same kinds of revenue that an ongoing treatment would. I’m not talking about any kind of transplantation here. Transplantation is a labour intensive TREATMENT.
Drug companies don’t look for CURES. They look for TREATMENTS. Cures are one-shot things with very little monetary gain. TREATMENTS however, are far more financially lucrative and far more long term.
I don’t find the theory far fetched at all really. From a business point of view, it makes a lot of sense.

oups…my mistake, if you talk about a cure, you might be right.
anyway, good luck with your experiment!:smiley:

» oups…my mistake, if you talk about a cure, you might be right.
» anyway, good luck with your experiment!:smiley:

I’m hoping to get a decent coverage. If I’m not successful, I don’t know what else to try as I’ve given it my best shot this time around.

» » oups…my mistake, if you talk about a cure, you might be right.
» » anyway, good luck with your experiment!:smiley:
»
» I’m hoping to get a decent coverage. If I’m not successful, I don’t know
» what else to try as I’ve given it my best shot this time around.

you’re nw 7 right? sux i could imagine. i dont know if you feel ok with shaving, but i think not, since you try many (and risky) things. i think people like you need a cure most.

Look, the most anybody could possibly do to keep a real MPB cure from the market would be to lobby to the FDA against letting it be sold.

We haven’t exactly had a dozen decent & practical MPB solutions just languishing in “illegal” status for the last 20 years. They’ve never been invented in the first place. And that part of the battle has every incentive for scientists/researchers to chase it.

»» you’re nw 7 right? sux i could imagine. i dont know if you feel ok with
» shaving, but i think not, since you try many (and risky) things. i think
» people like you need a cure most.

I actually look good shaved. I’m told it suits me. I have a good build so I can actually carry the shaved look. But I STILL crave for hair.
Ironically, I have no problem attracting women. It’s my own dissatisfaction that prevents me from capitolising on my apparent attractiveness.

I can not find the stats on how much is spent in the hairloss industry, but I bet it is in the billions. The drug companies, the HT doctors, the snake oil companies, the hair system industry, they do not want a cure.

If there was a cure all these business would go out of business with the exception of the drug companies and the HT doctor who will have to look for another type of practive besides HT. The drug company rather keep the bald guy on a leash and have him pay monthly for the drug rather than a cure once and for all.

I hope a private investor comes into play and that he or she would come out with the cure, but I highly doubt it would happen.

» I think you guys really must not understand the numbers involved.
»
»
»
» $10,000 for some FUE work? A few hundred or a few thousand bucks per year
» for topicals & pills?
»
» These costs might seem like a lot of money for individuals like us on a
» personal level. But these numbers are A JOKE compared to the take from any
» real MPB cure. I don’t think it’s even debatable.
»
»
»
»
»
» Let me put it this way:
»
» Think of the market for hair dye. Think of what a HUGE percentage of the
» total population dyes their hair, or at least would pay for a practical
» low-maintinence solution to the issue if it actually existed.
»
» This is probably about the size of the MPB market. Whatever number is
» lost by the fact that women get much less (but not zero) MPB than men, is
» countered by the fact that EVERYONE gets gray hair and not just the people
» with worse genetics.
»
»
»
» Now, imagine that the ONLY people paying for hair dye are the precentage
» that get HTs & hair medications. What’s that, a couple percent at best?
» Imagine that just as many people WANT the grey cured, but only a few
» percent are willing to dye their hair (because of sexual side effects &
» stuff).
»
» Now, are you going to tell me that the profits from this tiny
» percentage
of people is enough to make the cosmetic industry not want
» to find a better product to sell to half the goddamn population with
» the problem?

»
» No way.

Think of how many different companies and surgeons actually account for that “billions spent on hair loss.” That big total is being divided up literally THOUSANDS of ways.

Whoever cures it will get the majority of that ENTIRE market to THEMSELVES. Think about that. There is no way you’d get agreement among a couple thousand different (feuding) people and companies around the world to ALL refrain from trying to come up with a better product. There is just no logic in this idea.

» » The world is driven by money, ok so that’s why your theory is absurd,
» » imagine if HM was on the market how much money will earn the hair
» industry,
» » millions of people will spend a lot to recover a full head of hair and
» the
» » HT doc would be also satisfied to increase the numbers of
» patients,there
» » will be always people to ask for hairs, everybody win in this case.
» » Multiply the hairs to transplant and you have a win-win situation!
»
» The cure would be VERY cheap because it’s not labour intensive. It would
» not draw in the same kinds of revenue that an ongoing treatment would. I’m
» not talking about any kind of transplantation here. Transplantation is a
» labour intensive TREATMENT.
» Drug companies don’t look for CURES. They look for TREATMENTS. Cures are
» one-shot things with very little monetary gain. TREATMENTS however, are far
» more financially lucrative and far more long term.
» I don’t find the theory far fetched at all really. From a business point
» of view, it makes a lot of sense.

What would you say is cheap though? I think the cost of something like laser eye surgery or braces is probably a good ball park guess and neither of them are particuarly cheap.

The price of HM depends GREATLY on how cheaply they can get it done.

Some people are convinced that HM will be priced for millionaires only, but the simple math is OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of aiming as low & wide as they can. Maybe they’ll take a couple years first to gouge the millionaires, but in the long term they’ll be trying to make HM as cheap as they possibly can.

Let me put it this way:

If you invent a better acne treatment, you’re not gonna sell it to a few thousand people a year for $15,000 a pop. No, no, no. If you REALLY wanna get rich, then you sell it for only a couple hundred bucks to almost every teenager in the civilized world.

» Think of how many different companies and surgeons actually account for
» that “billions spent on hair loss.” That big total is being divided up
» literally THOUSANDS of ways.
»
»
» Whoever cures it will get the majority of that ENTIRE market to
» THEMSELVES. Think about that. There is no way you’d get agreement
» among a couple thousand different (feuding) people and companies around the
» world to ALL refrain from trying to come up with a better
» product. There is just no logic in this idea.

I hope you’re right Cal. I really do. Only time will tell.
But this baldness thing DOES seem to be a hard nut to crack doesn’t it?