The most important thing that the doctors seem to leave out or ignore

in this forum doctors talk about healing . and about the results. well , the results in the pics of before and after never seem to show the actual reality of the situation.

i’ve already had 4400 fue and 900 strip. i would say that without them i would be a between 5-6norwood.
but even with these results it seems that another 8000fue wouldnt get me to norwood 3

it has been mentioned in the forum that the average head has 45,000 grafts in total. 25,000 grafts covering the what is supposed to be the bald area of a norwood 6 .
now if lets say i want to have a whole coverage of a norwood 6 with 1/3 density of a full head, this means that i would need 1/3 of 25,000 which is almost 8000 grafts.
i swear that even if i had 10,000 grafts , placing my statement on what i’ve seen from my grafts it wouldn’t even get close to that
and i would say my procedures were carried by a respected doctor

can somebody explain that???

4400+900+another 8000 = 13,300 grafts, Hasson & wong can definitely give you what you want with 13,300 grafts.

Have you seen their pics ?

no
where can i find those pics

» in this forum doctors talk about healing . and about the results. well ,
» the results in the pics of before and after never seem to show the actual
» reality of the situation.
»
» i’ve already had 4400 fue and 900 strip. i would say that without them i
» would be a between 5-6norwood.
» but even with these results it seems that another 8000fue wouldnt get me
» to norwood 3
»
» it has been mentioned in the forum that the average head has 45,000 grafts
» in total. 25,000 grafts covering the what is supposed to be the bald area
» of a norwood 6 .
» now if lets say i want to have a whole coverage of a norwood 6 with 1/3
» density of a full head, this means that i would need 1/3 of 25,000 which is
» almost 8000 grafts.
» i swear that even if i had 10,000 grafts , placing my statement on what
» i’ve seen from my grafts it wouldn’t even get close to that
» and i would say my procedures were carried by a respected doctor
»
» can somebody explain that???

I have heard what you are saying before and it is a big issue. I don’t understand the discrepencies between what we see here and statements like yours from seasoned HT patients. It could be to do with yield but I am concerned that the pics are rarely representitive or maybe only represent a very select few patient.

What makes you so sure he or anyone else has 13,000 grafts available?
That’s a huge number.
If that’s the case, then I guess I should stop worrying.

» 4400+900+another 8000 = 13,300 grafts, Hasson & wong can definitely give
» you what you want with 13,300 grafts.
»
» Have you seen their pics ?

» no
» where can i find those pics

This is Bobman’s photo (Hasson & Wong).
8475 grafts

» no

Jotronic pics, 7917 grafts

BEFORE & AFTER

BEFORE & AFTER

BEFORE & AFTER

» no

London lad, 7761 grafts

BEFORE

BEFORe

BEFORE and AFTER

» no

For more patient results, you can contact Jotronic or Joe, email joe@hassonandwong.com

I think it important to point out that the numbers being talked about here, in relation to what the patient “needs” according to another poster and what is possible in reality are two separate issues.

To clarify, we perform strip, and we do it better than anyone on the planet. Cocky? Maybe. Confident? Absolutely. This is because I continually see on an almost daily basis patients coming in to see us after they have had their final results grow in and I swear to all of you that when combing through their hair with the proverbial and literal fine tooth comb WE cannot see what is transplanted and what is not. That is why we are the only clinic in the world that uses HD video to capture a comb through when we show our video results. Know of anyone else that does this in such detail? No.

We also do the biggest sessions in the world on a regular basis with the average sized session being roughly 4000 grafts. Averages being what they are we do many sessions that are much smaller, in the 1500 to 2000 range and of course many that are in the five thousand plus range and all points in between. With this experience we believe that the average patient (average donor density and laxity) has roughly 6500 to 8500 grafts available over “x” number of procedures. I, Londonlad and Nicnitro among others are anomalies to say the least so our numbers should not be expected in the long run and certainly not in the short run.

In my case, I had two mini-graft sessions in my early twenties that left two stacked (one above the other) half centimeter or greater donor scars in the back of my head. In those days, I was anti-hair transplant more than any of you. What allowed me to get so many grafts with Dr. Wong was what he called my “mutant laxity”. My donor density was average at best. You can read my entire journey here…

Hair Transplant Mentor Website

Nicnitro (10K plus in two sessions) and LondonLad as well as others that are not public have received 10K plus because they had extraordinary donor density (120cm2 or more) and extraordinary donor laxity. These are great cases and fantastic eye candy but no one and I mean NO ONE should ever expect to come to our clinic or any other for that matter and expect to get 10K grafts much less 13K. If it happens, gravy. These cases highlight what is possible with the best doctors if you have the best characteristics coming in to begin with.

“mutant laxity”. :smiley:

its nice to see some responses to that issue.
i swear that i can take photos of me scalp and u would probably thing i’m norwood 2 but the fact is if u c me in person u will estimate that i 'm norwood 5 heading to 6
and still u would probably ask me : how do i look without thes transplants?
i wouldn’t know but i’m sure its not that different. cause i know where the hair was transplanted
and even the transplanted parts which r not major, r still thinning .

so whats bothering me is that lets say around 2000 grafts were used for the temples. and it still keeps thinning so u end up wondering what the f-ck happened. it 's either the trnasplanted is falling out or the 2000 grafts are in reality quarter the amount of what it claims to be from the pics we c in the forum

check in this forum my pics . i have posted them about 3 weeks ago
i will try to make recent photos marking the transplanted areas , hopefully soon

hi quarterhead,

I’m a little confused to your situation.

Have you only had surgery last month?
i assume this would have been your second or third procedure.

hey

my last procedure was on august.

This is one of the cases they won’t show you:

LOL. It is a joke of course.

If I may point out the obvious for a second -

The original poster refers to getting 4400 FUE grafts, and 900 strip?

If you got 900 strip then I’m guessing it was probably not a top clinic. I guess this just because of such a small number of grafts moved (and in a strp session) on someone who clearly needs so much more. Lesser clinic often means lesser yield.

I don’t know your case. But in general a lot of 4400 FUE patients have a bad habit of looking more like 3000 strip, if you know what I mean.

I don’t mean to derail this discussion into an FUE/strip/transections debate. That belongs in some other thread. But the issue sounds relevant here. We all know the unsettled questions surrounding FUE survival rates even among the top clinics doing it.

You’re right and it caught my eye too. If you’re going in for a strip wouldn’t you just as well get the most out of it. 900 grafts out of strip? please elaborate.

» If I may point out the obvious for a second -
»
»
» The original poster refers to getting 4400 FUE grafts, and 900 strip?
»
» If you got 900 strip then I’m guessing it was probably not a top clinic.
» I guess this just because of such a small number of grafts moved (and in a
» strp session) on someone who clearly needs so much more. Lesser clinic
» often means lesser yield.
»
»
»
» I don’t know your case. But in general a lot of 4400 FUE patients have a
» bad habit of looking more like 3000 strip, if you know what I mean.
»
» I don’t mean to derail this discussion into an FUE/strip/transections
» debate. That belongs in some other thread. But the issue sounds relevant
» here. We all know the unsettled questions surrounding FUE survival rates
» even among the top clinics doing it.

There are so many factors that 8,000 grafts will not look the same on everybody.

Here are some:

-Hair diameter of the transplanted hair.

-Hair color (Dark hair with light skin looks thinner than light hair with light skin because of the contrast)

-Ratio of single hair grafts to doubles & triples (One can get 2,000 grafts with mostly singles and doubles, but if more triples are used you’re adding extra hair -for the same price too)

-Size of the patients head. (If you got a bigger head, and hence a bigger bald area, you’re gonna need more grafts)

» i’ve already had 4400 fue and 900 strip. i would say that without them i
» would be a between 5-6norwood.
» but even with these results it seems that another 8000fue wouldnt get me
» to norwood 3

As Gac mentioned, there are some factors that make a difference. The characteristics of the individuals hair, how the doctor places nthe grafts in order to get the most coverage, how many doublkes and triples are used.

I have a very similar result to London Lad after his 7,400 grafts.

I have had 6,400 grafts and the difference for me over the last 2 years is very good. I would say I went from a NW4+ to someone who has a very full hairline with temple closure, full coverage in zones 2 and 3 as well as good coverage in the back.

» » no
» » where can i find those pics
»
» This is Bobman’s photo (Hasson & Wong).
» 8475 grafts
»
»

»
»
»
»
»
»
»

Thanks for the pics hairsite. Really shows what you can achieve with 6-8000 grafts.