The future of HT

This is not about cloning or HM.

As FUE megassesions make cheaper FUE possible, less and less people will go for strip surgery. It is already very clear on most weboards that the demand for FUE has steadily gone up, never down.
Even if all known top surgeons would start offering FUE, it would never be enough to treat the flood of patients to come.
FUE HT is so much easier that it will become a more widely and easier acceptable solution for hairloss. It might even become something like going to the dentist, not a big deal.

I am glad that some Canadian and US top docs are taking the plunge and are preparing to stop offering strip as a first choice.

However there are pitfalls in the transition.
Even experienced top strip docs will have to go back and learn FUE from scratch. Some routines that apply to strip surgery are deadly when used in FUE. Do not be fooled, it takes about a year before a surgeon has discovered all solutions for all the different FUE situations that occur.

I foresee some strip clinics that concentrate on strip work and will deliver high quality using strip. On the other hand we will see dedicated FUE clinics that offer FUE only.
Personally I believe it will be hard to offer both at high quality since FUE needs almost daily practice. Furthermore some routines are different and techs need to be taught the difference.

BV

A valuable warning!!!

Interesting future concept Bverotti. I might add that Dr. Harris developed the SAFE SYSTEM to lessen the learning curve for the physician. I still think that doctors should offer more than one option in HT though… strip and FUE. We are still in the beginning stages of trying to figure out growth issues in FUE.

I agree, though there is a demand for SMALL PUNCH FUE!

» Interesting future concept Bverotti. I might add that Dr. Harris developed
» the SAFE SYSTEM to lessen the learning curve for the physician. I still
» think that doctors should offer more than one option in HT though… strip
» and FUE. We are still in the beginning stages of trying to figure out
» growth issues in FUE.
»
» I agree, though there is a demand for SMALL PUNCH FUE!

I cant wait for when FUE and strip are the same price.

» » I agree, though there is a demand for SMALL PUNCH FUE!
»
» I cant wait for when FUE and strip are the same price.

Interesting, what price would that be ??

2 bucks a graft.:smiley:

» 2 bucks a graft.:smiley:

It would be 3-5 dollars a graft, most FUE surgeons charge more than that now.