Testosterone Level

Cal’s right.

Arimidex is an aromatase inhibitor that, as you already know, blocks estrogen.
The active ingredient is anastrozole. Bodybuilders/weight trainers/athletes/power lifters usually take approx. 0.5mg-1mg daily to keep estrogen levels low when they are juicing (cycling steroids) on testosterone or dbol both of which cause a great amount of bloating due due its ability to retain water (water retention). This also helps prevent gyno. Some even wait to see if they have a sign of gyno or water retention they can’t handle and then get on the drug right away. So most that don’t want the bloat/water retention and want to take a precaution to prevent gyno they take a low dose of an ai (arimitase inhibitor) to keep water retention and bloating to a minimum thus causing lean gains.

I am 99.9% sure that blocking and/or reducing estrogen levels will NOT in any way shape or form fight mpb. In fact you will be hurting yourself in the long term much more than benifiting yourself.

How your Doc prescribed it and for what? I have no clue…maybe you can elaborate.

» Cal’s right.
»
» Arimidex is an aromatase inhibitor that, as you already know, blocks
» estrogen.
» The active ingredient is anastrozole. Bodybuilders/weight
» trainers/athletes/power lifters usually take approx. 0.5mg-1mg daily to
» keep estrogen levels low when they are juicing (cycling steroids) on
» testosterone or dbol both of which cause a great amount of bloating due due
» its ability to retain water (water retention). This also helps prevent
» gyno. Some even wait to see if they have a sign of gyno or water retention
» they can’t handle and then get on the drug right away. So most that don’t
» want the bloat/water retention and want to take a precaution to prevent
» gyno they take a low dose of an ai (arimitase inhibitor) to keep water
» retention and bloating to a minimum thus causing lean gains.
»
» I am 99.9% sure that blocking and/or reducing estrogen levels will NOT in
» any way shape or form fight mpb. In fact you will be hurting yourself in
» the long term much more than benifiting yourself.
»
» How your Doc prescribed it and for what? I have no clue…maybe you can
» elaborate.

Thanks for the replies Cal and MJ.

Yeah I’m pretty much full bottle on the use of AI’s in the bodybuilding scene to combat man titties. But a few bodybuilders noticed that a combination of finasteride and an AI (like Arimidex) or estrogen antagonists (Cytadren/Clomid etc) was effective in spurring on some regrowth. There is a decent body of lit. that implicates estrogen (or at least with respect to its ratio to test) as causal in mpb, and some warrant in trying to keep estrogen lower, relatively. But I think the prob is that if you take an AI alone, because the pathway that converts test to estrogen is blocked (at least partially), that leaves the avenue open for more Test to be converted to DHT. Solution? Use finasteride or dut to prevent as much of that as possible.

This is probably not the dominant school of thought and I admit it relies more on anecdotes than data, but there are quite a few reports of the combination regrowing hair on BB forums. And I think you’ll both agree, if any industry is credible… it is the bodybuilding industry (oh snap) :slight_smile:

Oh and please, anyone who understands the chemistry better, feel free to jump in and call me on any BS!