Strip vs FUE

Here are the major differences between Strip Procedures and Fue procedures in Hair Transplants with visual content.

After seeing Strip here, doesn’t one think of Frankenstein? Almost makes you double-think your surgery if you want to go in for a strip transplant.

http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article240.htm

» Here are the major differences between Strip Procedures and Fue procedures
» in Hair Transplants with visual content.
»
» After seeing Strip here, doesn’t one think of Frankenstein? Almost makes
» you double-think your surgery if you want to go in for a strip transplant.
»
» http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article240.htm

Hi again mj, I am compelled to visit quite a few of your posts as I feel you are building an unbalanced view of the differences between the two techniques. i know that you are only trying to get educated and make a decision but be very careful.

Without any doubt FUE seems a no brainer compared with strip. No scar and according to the link, better recipient preparation.

The reality is nothing like this!!!

I won’t go into further detail than I did earlier but here is a a thought.

Gho, who created the link went out of business a long time ago!!!
His results were generally apauling by todays standards (hairsite had a procedure with him and may have a different opinion) and he could only transplant about 25fu / cm compared with 50-70 by strip or current FUE.

He generally transplanted 500FUE / day. His comments about recipient differences were simply not true. He also claimed that he could regenerate the donor hair and this prooved to be a myth.

Be careful but good luck.

Ok Marco thanks for your concern and your info.

Had no idea quacks were still out there doing hair transplants. Othere than some foreign countries I thought that stuff was done and stopped in the mid 90’s after men were walking around with barbie doll plugged hair.

» » Here are the major differences between Strip Procedures and Fue
» procedures
» » in Hair Transplants with visual content.
» »
» » After seeing Strip here, doesn’t one think of Frankenstein? Almost
» makes
» » you double-think your surgery if you want to go in for a strip
» transplant.
» »
» » http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article240.htm
»
» Hi again mj, I am compelled to visit quite a few of your posts as I feel
» you are building an unbalanced view of the differences between the two
» techniques. i know that you are only trying to get educated and make a
» decision but be very careful.
»
» Without any doubt FUE seems a no brainer compared with strip. No scar and
» according to the link, better recipient preparation.
»
» The reality is nothing like this!!!
»
» I won’t go into further detail than I did earlier but here is a a
» thought.
»
» Gho, who created the link went out of business a long time ago!!!
» His results were generally apauling by todays standards (hairsite had a
» procedure with him and may have a different opinion) and he could only
» transplant about 25fu / cm compared with 50-70 by strip or current FUE.
»
» He generally transplanted 500FUE / day. His comments about recipient
» differences were simply not true. He also claimed that he could regenerate
» the donor hair and this prooved to be a myth.
»
» Be careful but good luck.

»
»

Strip is indeed a major surgical procedure compared to FUE. The waist is huge since most of the strip is healty tissue that is discarded. Furthermore intact nervous are seriously damaged an may or may not reconnect. Only a very limited number of top clinics can produce good results using strip surgery and the same is true for FUE.

Strip has had its place in history and if you have monitored the hairloss weboards over the last 5 years you will see a very clear shift towards FUE.

»
»

mj, I had 4055 graft strip HT into my frontal1/3 with Dr. Armani in July of 2006. The results were excellent. The strip scar healed nicely and I have never been able to see it wether my hair is wet or cut quite short. I can feel where the scar is with my finger. It does not hurt and my head feels normal all around the scar. I do think about it at times, I guess because I know it is there. The meds have stabilized my hair loss for now. If I need a touch up in the future to keep my hair looking good, I will opt for FUE and have the scar filled in at the same time. Some guys are fine in having 2 and 3 strip HT’s, I just don’t think I have it in me do go through that again.

I compared some of his top dense nice strip surgeries with his FUE and I have to admit FUE has come along way with him. There was a point where FUE was only opted for small touch-ups in the hair transplant industry. But Armani’s FUE results are matched to any strip today.

MMAGUY do you think if you went to dr Armani today you would be able to achieve just as satisfying results using FUE?

» » Here are the major differences between Strip Procedures and Fue
» procedures
» » in Hair Transplants with visual content.
» »
» » After seeing Strip here, doesn’t one think of Frankenstein? Almost
» makes
» » you double-think your surgery if you want to go in for a strip
» transplant.
» »
» » http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article240.htm
»
» mj, I had 4055 graft strip HT into my frontal1/3 with Dr. Armani in July
» of 2006. The results were excellent. The strip scar healed nicely and I
» have never been able to see it wether my hair is wet or cut quite short. I
» can feel where the scar is with my finger. It does not hurt and my head
» feels normal all around the scar. I do think about it at times, I guess
» because I know it is there. The meds have stabilized my hair loss for now.
» If I need a touch up in the future to keep my hair looking good, I will opt
» for FUE and have the scar filled in at the same time. Some guys are fine
» in having 2 and 3 strip HT’s, I just don’t think I have it in me do go
» through that again.

While it is true that clinics like H&W put out some phenomenal (strip) results, I believe that the clear (and only) choice is FUE if you ever want the option to buzz your head down to a #1 because your HT results are less than you expected. Forget about cutting your hair very short in back following a strip procedure. The idea of using precious donor to FUE into strip scars is preposterous. Strip surgery can also drastically alter the topography of the scalp. Strip surgery is some NASTY stuff.

After seeing videos of strip procedures, I decided I could not go through with a procedure like that. In my opinion, it looked like a very drastic measure to take to get your hair back. And while I know that the results produced by strip are awesome, just knowing that a piece of my scalp was going to be cut off and discarded really disturbed me.

FUE really is minor when compared to the strip procedure. And while I know that there are pro’s and con’s to both, the con’s of strip for me outweighed the pro’s of it.

I’m still very happy with my HT decision and I keep my hair buzzed down very short in the back with over 4,000 grafts taken via FUE…

»
»
I never would of had a procedure if fue hadnt come along. I understand the pros and cons. I just didnt want to risk that dreaded large scar on the back of my head.