Strip FUHT v/s FUSE/fue (a comparison)

We got many emails after the comparative post between FUHT and FUSE on our recently started blog.

http://hairtransplantcentre.blogspot.com

It appears there are many readers, especially, those that have joined recently, who arent clear about the differences between these two methods.

For sake of wider disbursement of knowledge, I will post the contents here. Tell me if there are any questions. :slight_smile:

» We got many emails after the comparative post between FUHT and FUSE on our
» recently started blog.
»
» http://hairtransplantcentre.blogspot.com
»
» It appears there are many readers, especially, those that have joined
» recently, who arent clear about the differences between these two
» methods.
»
» For sake of wider disbursement of knowledge, I will post the contents
» here. Tell me if there are any questions. :slight_smile:

Hi V,

Please feel free to include the contents in your post. This will make it easier for people as they do not have to click back and forth to view the info plus all discussions will get archived in the Hair Transplant section of the site.

» » We got many emails after the comparative post between FUHT and FUSE on
» our
» » recently started blog.
» »
» » http://hairtransplantcentre.blogspot.com
» »
» » It appears there are many readers, especially, those that have joined
» » recently, who arent clear about the differences between these two
» » methods.
» »
» » For sake of wider disbursement of knowledge, I will post the contents
» » here. Tell me if there are any questions. :slight_smile:
»
» Hi V,
»
» Please feel free to include the contents in your post. This will make it
» easier for people as they do not have to click back and forth to view the
» info plus all discussions will get archived in the Hair Transplant section
» of the site.

Thanks Hairsite. Will do. I am trying to figure out way to post the blog pictures on here. It seems that for pictures posted on the blog, including the url and bracketing it in does not work.

Any advise.

strip FUHT v/s FUSE/fue (a comparison)

Dear Readers,

A frequently asked question is about the difference between various HT techniques.

We shall start by discussing the two different techniques used for extraction of hair follicles, viz., strip FUHT and stitchless FUSE/fue.

Both the techniques have their own pros and cons.

In FUHT, a strip of hair bearing scalp is extracted from the donor area.

The strip varies between 1cm to 1.5cm in width.

The strip incision is then closed by dissolvable sutures or surgical staples as shown in the following picture.

The sutures will dissolve and do not have to be removed.

The strip is then dissected into individual follicular unit grafts.

Below is a picture some of the dissected grafts, that are stored in chilled lactated ringer’s fluid till they are transplanted.

These grafts are transplanted into the bald/balding area.

This step is carried out by gently sliding the hair follicular units (or grafts) into pre prepared needle slits.

In FUSE/fue, the follicular units are extracted one by one in a random pattern.

The donor sites are left to heal on their own. There is no need of any closure as the donor sites are very small.

The picture below shows a typical scalp donor area from where the follicular units have been extracted.
A 26 gauge needle, (needle diameter being 0.45mm), is juxtaposed in the picture for sake of comparison.
As can be seen from the picture, the follicular units are extracted in a random pattern, so that no two adjacent units are extracted.

Since, there is no suture/staples, there is no suture scar.
It is possible to buzz cut the hair.

The grafts are inserted into the bald/balding recipient area in the same manner as in strip FUHT.

The picture below shows follicular unit grafts being transplanted into pre prepared slits in the recipient area.

Please let me know if you have any queries and I will try to answer them.

Hi V,

I just tried one and it seems to be working.

You have to copy the TEXT seperately from the IMAGES, however.

Copying TEXT would be simply, the typical copy-and-paste would do.

As for the pictures, you have to make sure you copy the ENTIRE link for the picture, the easiest way is to place your cursor on the picture that you want to copy, RIGHT click on the mouse, and choose PROPERTIES, this will give you the ENTIRE link for the picture. Note that the link is pretty long so again you have to make sure you copy the entire link for each picture, the link always ends with .JPG so it would be easy to tell if you have captured the entire link or not. For example, this is the link for one of the pictures in your blog. If you highlight this link and click the IMAGE button, the picture would show up in the post.

Once you have the link for each picture, simply paste it in your post, then highlight the link and click the IMAGE button on the right panel of your screen.

It sounds complicated but it’s really very easy. Give it a try and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Thanks

Sorry to bother you, but I am still not able to post pictures.
Even from our website.

When I follow your instructions, the image does not show.

The properties of the uploaded image on hairsite shows
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/[/img]%20does%20not%20work.<br%20/><br%20/>Any%20advise.<br%20/>[img] http://www.fusehair.com/Gallery/Gallery_13.gif

I am trying to figure out where the problem is. Let me know if theres anything I am doing wrong.

» Sorry to bother you, but I am still not able to post pictures.
» Even from our website.
»
» When I follow your instructions, the image does not show.
»
» The properties of the uploaded image on hairsite shows
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/[/img]%20does%20not%20work.<br%20/><br%20/>Any%20advise.<br%20/>[img]
» http://www.fusehair.com/Gallery/Gallery_13.gif
»
» I am trying to figure out where the problem is. Let me know if theres
» anything I am doing wrong.
»
»

Not a problem, no bother at all. Let’s try to figure this out…let me run a couple of tests and I will get back to you on this.

test

I just hotlink the picture from your website and it is showing up fine.

Shall we take this to the ADMIN forum? I will start a post in the ADMIN forum and we can continue there so that it doesn’t clutter up the forum.

Thanks.

One question concerning the holding solution. Ringers lactate.

The main composition to lactated ringers is this:

One liter of Lactated Ringer’s Solution contains:

* 130 mEq of sodium ion = 130 mmol/L.
* 109 mEq of chloride ion = 109 mmol/L.
* 28 mEq of lactate = 28 mmol/L.
* 4 mEq of potassium ion = 4 mmol/L.
* 3 mEq of calcium ion = 1.5 mmol/L .
  Ph is 6.0 7.5

Generally, the sodium, chloride, potassium and lactate come from NaCl (sodium chloride), NaC3H5O3 (sodium lactate), CaCl2 (calcium chloride), and KCl (potassium chloride).

Sodium lactate provides sodium (Na+) and lactate (C3H503−) ions. The lactate anion is in equilibrium with pyruvate and has an alkalizing effect resulting from simultaneous removal by the liver of lactate and hydrogen ions. IN THE LIVER, lactate is metabolized to glycogen which is ultimately converted to carbon dioxide and water by oxidative metabolism. The sodium (Na+) ion combines with bicarbonate ion produced from carbon dioxide of the body and thus retains bicarbonate to combat metabolic acidosis (bicarbonate deficiency). The normal plasma level of lactate ranges from 0.9 to 1.9 mEq/liter.

Why did your clinic prefer this as apposed to a holding solution that contains some type glucose? I am just curious. I am just wondering.:slight_smile: