Strange Sides from topical

Anyone know by what mechanism a topical DHT inhibitor would cause or worsen gynecomastia?(man boobs) I had blood work done and all my hormones are normal aside of slightly elevated prolactin. So if my estrogen levels are normal why am i getting side effects? I am using revivogen at the moment.
if any knowledgeable person can offer me some clue, it would be appreciated.

» Anyone know by what mechanism a topical DHT inhibitor would cause or worsen
» gynecomastia?(man boobs)

Fats increase Estradiol via aromatase.

» I had blood work done and all my hormones are
» normal aside of slightly elevated prolactin.

There is a correlation between insulin levels and prolactin levels.

» So if my estrogen levels are normal why am i getting side effects? I am
» using revivogen at the moment.
» if any knowledgeable person can offer me some clue, it would be
» appreciated.

Reduce your fats.
Reduce sugars
Reduce Duretics in your diet.

Regards
Pete

2 years ago I had gynecomastia from the use of oral dutasteride. My bloodtests revealed a normal estradiol but a high prolactin. Yes, gynecomastia may be exclusively fat related exclusively estrogen related or, as it seems, exclusively prolactin related. Don’t mess your chest with that. Take action or your man boobs will stay forever. A little and cautious shot of tamoxifen may do the trick (rather than arimidex) especially since your estradiol level seems normal.

» 2 years ago I had gynecomastia from the use of oral dutasteride. My
» bloodtests revealed a normal estradiol but a high prolactin. Yes,
» gynecomastia may be exclusively fat related exclusively estrogen related
» or, as it seems, exclusively prolactin related. Don’t mess your chest
» with that. Take action or your man boobs will stay forever. A little and
» cautious shot of tamoxifen may do the trick (rather than arimidex)
» especially since your estradiol level seems normal.

I am a bit confused because i went ahead and did a mammogram and the doctor told me “you don’t have gynocomastia, if you did there would be white colored, flame like structure around your nipples going outwards, all you have is fat”. It seems i developed excess fat in the ‘breast’ area relatively over night.And i believe this has to do with revivogen, but how would a DHT inhibitor cause an increase in prolactin levels? So if my Gyno is related to prolactin tamoxifen should be able to help?
i do appreciate the replies greatly.

hey brm, did the tamoxifin help you? and what was your dosage? My endocronologist tells me that gyno isnt even caused by prolactin. would it be a good idea to keep using revivogen and add the temoxifin in the mix at very low doses? this is all too damn confusing

I am currently using revivogen (since sept 05th) and I have not noticed any (more than it is) problems with my gyno. I had trouble (or think I had) with nizoral, previously, and I therefore stopped it. I am no endocrinologist and can not answer for sure as to the reasons why a local DHT inhibitor may induce a boost in prolactin production. I just think that the possible hormonal imbalance it may create has unpredictable consequences varying with the individuals. Your doc seems tohave concluded that you have no estrogen deposit on your chest. But how are your nipples? In particular, when you wet your chest and wait for the water to cool down until you feel this fresh just-getting-out-of-the-sea sensation, turn your wrist inward and flex your biceps to contract the pectoral muscle. If you see a strip centered on your nipple that tends to be slightly concave then you might have gland as well. Given your doc says it is fat, you should not see this strip extending over your erect nipple.
So if it is fat: tamox should not be of any use. Not any aromatase inhibitor (AI) either. But then, the question is: do youhave fat on your waist as well? have you noticed such effects with oral finasteride (if you have ever used any)? If it is fat, the only remedy is (said to be): work out.
If it is gland: try tamox (10 - 20mg daily for 30 days) rather than an AI that will cut your estradiol levels. Another possibility is progesterone cream: this one is very controversial. Some docs say it neutralizes estrogen sites. Others say it can make things worse.
I used Arimidex (2 years ago) for two months, which cleared the problem partly only. I never dared to use tamox since my friends tell me my gyno is minor and unnoticeable to the eye of anyone who doesn’t know what gyno is. Plus one side effect of tamox is… hair loss of course.
gynecomastia dot org is a valuable source of info and advice. A guy named “Hypo is here” used to be the king out there a year ago. If he’s still around, you may submit your case to him. But one more than likely answer from him will be: cut any DHT inhibitor, whether systemic or topical…

» I am currently using revivogen (since sept 05th) and I have not noticed any
» (more than it is) problems with my gyno. I had trouble (or think I had)
» with nizoral, previously, and I therefore stopped it. I am no
» endocrinologist and can not answer for sure as to the reasons why a local
» DHT inhibitor may induce a boost in prolactin production. I just think
» that the possible hormonal imbalance it may create has unpredictable
» consequences varying with the individuals. Your doc seems tohave concluded
» that you have no estrogen deposit on your chest. But how are your nipples?
» In particular, when you wet your chest and wait for the water to cool down
» until you feel this fresh just-getting-out-of-the-sea sensation, turn your
» wrist inward and flex your biceps to contract the pectoral muscle. If you
» see a strip centered on your nipple that tends to be slightly concave then
» you might have gland as well. Given your doc says it is fat, you should not
» see this strip extending over your erect nipple.
» So if it is fat: tamox should not be of any use. Not any aromatase
» inhibitor (AI) either. But then, the question is: do youhave fat on your
» waist as well? have you noticed such effects with oral finasteride (if you
» have ever used any)? If it is fat, the only remedy is (said to be): work
» out.
» If it is gland: try tamox (10 - 20mg daily for 30 days) rather than an AI
» that will cut your estradiol levels. Another possibility is progesterone
» cream: this one is very controversial. Some docs say it neutralizes
» estrogen sites. Others say it can make things worse.
» I used Arimidex (2 years ago) for two months, which cleared the problem
» partly only. I never dared to use tamox since my friends tell me my gyno
» is minor and unnoticeable to the eye of anyone who doesn’t know what gyno
» is. Plus one side effect of tamox is… hair loss of course.
» <> is a valuable source of info and advice. A guy named
» “Hypo is here” used to be the king out there a year ago. If he’s still
» around, you may submit your case to him. But one more than likely answer
» from him will be: cut any DHT inhibitor, whether systemic or topical…

I am not a big fan of this doctor i am going to, i told her that i was on propecia 2 years ago and developed gyno and then went off it and after 2 months the gyno subsided, however i went off revivogen for about the same time with no effects. I explained that when she initially did my blood work, i was off revivogen, since i am back on it it would make sense to do another blood test to see if it has made any difference in my hormone levels, she disagreed and called a waste of money. She hasn’t done anything to find out whether i have estrogen deposits in my chest, i dont even know what the procedure for that is. My weight hasnt changed, only breast size has since ive been on revivogen.I wanna strangle these doctors, the mammography doctor tells me its just fat, the endo who did a physical exam tells me she felt glandular tissue. Revivogen helps me alot, so no clue as to my next step. In any case thanks for the reply.

Was the gyno you developped from finasteride looking like the one you now have? If so, then, revivogen is the culprit. And it might definitely be estrogen induced gyno. So, since those docs do not really care (no wonder they don’t), I think you have two possibilities:

1. Cut revivogen and wait until the gyno subsides. Then go on again with revivogen, tapering it slowly up to a dosage maybe slightly lower than the one you have now.
  2. Try a little tamox for 2 3 or 4 weeks. This drug has a poor reputation as a whole. So you should not use it permanently. Maybe you could later on replace it with “natural AI” like chrysin. But this one is said by some to have only little effect. The most urgent point is to get rid of this gyno crap, which I personally haven’t been capable of two years ago…

» Was the gyno you developped from finasteride looking like the one you now
» have? If so, then, revivogen is the culprit. And it might definitely be
» estrogen induced gyno. So, since those docs do not really care (no wonder
» they don’t), I think you have two possibilities:
» 1) Cut revivogen and wait until the gyno subsides. Then go on again with
» revivogen, tapering it slowly up to a dosage maybe slightly lower than the
» one you have now.
» 2) Try a little tamox for 2 3 or 4 weeks. This drug has a poor reputation
» as a whole. So you should not use it permanently. Maybe you could later on
» replace it with “natural AI” like chrysin. But this one is said by some to
» have only little effect. The most urgent point is to get rid of this gyno
» crap, which I personally haven’t been capable of two years ago…

I gave up revivogen for about 2 months without any changes in the gyno. appearance wise yeah it looks similar to what i developed with propecia.Only the propecia induced gyno subsided when i gave up the drug. It gives me chest pains, and sometimes i confused it with heart problems and rushed to the ER. MY endo is gonna put me on tamoxifin, i will take it with caution, i dont need it to cause me further hair loss. So yeah i am kind of pushed against a rock a hard place and having a rod being pushed up my @ss for having such sensitive hormonal balance, is my gyno caused by some topical or not, if it isnt, how would i know, if it is, do i want hair growth or no boobs. As of today i am giving up revivogen for the next few months. OH and Dr. Khadavi your a total douchebag for giving us such pathetic, short, unarticulated answers when we ask you about your product.

Well, fine. KEEP ME POSTED ABOUT THE RESULTS YOU GET WITH TAMOX. And don’t develop any useless anxiety about this drug: though hairloss is listed as a possible side effect, we have seen several guys on this board reporting good results from tamox hairwise. Same with arimidex. Fingers crossed.

» Well, fine. KEEP ME POSTED ABOUT THE RESULTS YOU GET WITH TAMOX. And don’t
» develop any useless anxiety about this drug: though hairloss is listed as
» a possible side effect, we have seen several guys on this board reporting
» good results from tamox hairwise. Same with arimidex. Fingers crossed.

Yeah that maybe so, but did these guys who report good results take propecia at the same as tamox, or tamox by itself. I wonder if i should try both the revivocrap and tamox at the same time.

I can’t imagine they might have taken tamox as a primary anti hairloss indication. They used it either to fight a nascent gyno or to prevent it. So whether on its own, or in combination with an anti androgenic medication, those guys reported no harm from tamox. Visit the old site for more info.
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php