Stockholders?

I have read some of the posts below about starting a company, donating money as an X-prize, ect…and from the replys, I see that the suggestions are not too popular…I also have a similar idea (and am sure I will be slammed for it) BUT…

What if we did a similar project where we all donated (what we could) to an interest collecting account under one name (an organizational name, not an individuals)…then we could act as a group of investors and when a product looks promising (such as Intercytex or Follica), we could buy a significant (hopefully) amount of the stock (assuming the company is public…which I believe Follica isnt yet)…

as significant stockholders, we would have alot more clout in getting answers that we want to know…we could all post questions every so often and have representatives (Such as Hairsite, or JB) interview the company reps to chart progress of the company…and if a company wasnt showing anything promising, get out (we may lose some of the money) and put the rest back into the account

This could be beneficial for several reasons:

(1). We could get/ demand answers to what we want to know and have an idea about how the product is coming along and when / if it will be released. (I would pay a couple hundred bucks a year just to get real answers from Follica or Intercytex)

(2). We could possibly make money if a product is released and having kept tract of who invested how much there could be a return on our investments (possibly enough to pay for our treatments if/ when they become available)

(3). Considering how much many of us follow hair research, who would be more qualified to make good investments on upcoming “cures” ??? And considering how much potential profit there will be in a cure (Intercytex predicts >800 billion/ year ???) There could be a HUGE return on our minimal investments…I would probably try to put in a couple hundred dollars a year if something like this was up and running…

BUT…this is just fictional and I dont expect it to happen…Just my two cents

» I have read some of the posts below about starting a company, donating
» money as an X-prize, ect…and from the replys, I see that the
» suggestions are not too popular…I also have a similar idea (and am sure
» I will be slammed for it) BUT…
»
»
» What if we did a similar project where we all donated (what we could) to
» an interest collecting account under one name (an organizational name,
» not an individuals)…then we could act as a group of investors and when
» a product looks promising (such as Intercytex or Follica), we could buy a
» significant (hopefully) amount of the stock (assuming the company is
» public…which I believe Follica isnt yet)…
»
» as significant stockholders, we would have alot more clout in getting
» answers that we want to know…we could all post questions every so
» often and have representatives (Such as Hairsite, or JB) interview the
» company reps to chart progress of the company…and if a company wasnt
» showing anything promising, get out (we may lose some of the money) and put
» the rest back into the account
»
»
» This could be beneficial for several reasons:
»
» (1). We could get/ demand answers to what we want to know and have an idea
» about how the product is coming along and when / if it will be released. (I
» would pay a couple hundred bucks a year just to get real answers from
» Follica or Intercytex)
»
»
» (2). We could possibly make money if a product is released and having kept
» tract of who invested how much there could be a return on our investments
» (possibly enough to pay for our treatments if/ when they become
» available)
»
»
» (3). Considering how much many of us follow hair research, who would be
» more qualified to make good investments on upcoming “cures” ??? And
» considering how much potential profit there will be in a cure (Intercytex
» predicts >800 billion/ year ???) There could be a HUGE return on our
» minimal investments…I would probably try to put in a couple hundred
» dollars a year if something like this was up and running…
»
» BUT…this is just fictional and I dont expect it to
» happen…Just my two cents

I think this was suggested in the thread below.

Ok…sorry…I only read a couple of the posts below…there were so many “junk” replies that I stopped reading that thread

» Ok…sorry…I only read a couple of the posts below…there were so
» many “junk” replies that I stopped reading that thread

I was the one who posted the same idea you have. If we can purchase the shares of a company collectively as a group, we can impose a lot of influence as to how the company is being run. We can even elect our forum members to sit on the board of directors. I think this is far better than starting a nonprofit organization from scratch. I don’t think this is far fetched. It can happen. All it takes is for all of us to buy the shares of a public company that we all agreed upon.

NT