Starting new topical and need input

This will be my last topical experiment as ive been so disgusted with all the bs ive put on my head over the years…It will be phlojel gel which carries compounds through the skin with 99% pure resveratrol powder mixed in once a day will start in a few days…worth a shot i think based on the research…anyone else think it might work?

» This will be my last topical experiment as ive been so disgusted with all
» the bs ive put on my head over the years…It will be phlojel gel which
» carries compounds through the skin with 99% pure resveratrol powder mixed
» in once a day will start in a few days…worth a shot i think based on
» the research…anyone else think it might work?

Have you got any links to the topical and what the mode of action is?

Regards
Pete

there is a patent on reducing body hair growth with topical resveratrol as well as a study detailing resveratrol as a androgen receptor blocker as well as another study being a tnf-alpha blocker i believe…Internally i believe it can raise hgh levels,increase sperm count,also one person on imminst.org forums reported reversal of mpb after a few months by taking internally like 2 grams per day with many others reporting gray hair reversal.Most people on that board take itleast 500 mg per dqay internally trying to match the longevity study with mice would equate to 1.5 grams daily of pure transresveratrol…Others still are using resveratrol in dmso for arthritis and other things but dmso gives me a bit of rash so thought i would try phlojel.Resveratrol seems to be very soluble in water or gel anyway so im looking forward to try it.

» there is a patent on reducing body hair growth with topical resveratrol as
» well as a study detailing resveratrol as a androgen receptor blocker as
» well as another study being a tnf-alpha blocker i believe…Internally i
» believe it can raise hgh levels,increase sperm count,also one person on
» imminst.org forums reported reversal of mpb after a few months by taking
» internally like 2 grams per day with many others reporting gray hair
» reversal.Most people on that board take itleast 500 mg per dqay internally
» trying to match the longevity study with mice would equate to 1.5 grams
» daily of pure transresveratrol…Others still are using resveratrol in
» dmso for arthritis and other things but dmso gives me a bit of rash so
» thought i would try phlojel.Resveratrol seems to be very soluble in water
» or gel anyway so im looking forward to try it.

Keep us posted, I heard amazing thing about resveratrol too, it was reported on 20/20 about a month ago, it is supposed to be found in red wine.

Isn’t Resveratrol supposed to be in grapeseed extract?

» Isn’t Resveratrol supposed to be in grapeseed extract?
maybe in minute quantities like i think a bottle of red wine has like 1 mg of resveratrol.In the studies you need itleast 1500 mg day internally so you need to order the purified powder or caps from like revgenetics or megaresveratrol which is extracted from japanese knotweed

» » there is a patent on reducing body hair growth with topical resveratrol
» as
» » well as a study detailing resveratrol as a androgen receptor blocker as
» » well as another study being a tnf-alpha blocker i believe…Internally
» i
» » believe it can raise hgh levels,increase sperm count,also one person on
» » imminst.org forums reported reversal of mpb after a few months by
» taking
» » internally like 2 grams per day with many others reporting gray hair
» » reversal.Most people on that board take itleast 500 mg per dqay
» internally
» » trying to match the longevity study with mice would equate to 1.5 grams
» » daily of pure transresveratrol…Others still are using resveratrol in
» » dmso for arthritis and other things but dmso gives me a bit of rash so
» » thought i would try phlojel.Resveratrol seems to be very soluble in
» water
» » or gel anyway so im looking forward to try it.
»
» Keep us posted, I heard amazing thing about resveratrol too, it was
» reported on 20/20 about a month ago, it is supposed to be found in red
» wine.

resveratrol is overhyped
and it is not even confirmed to be the active ingredient, in other words, the ingredient causing the french to supposedly have less heart disease even with high fat diets

the more research ou do on it, the more convinced you will be that it is not understood at this point and more likely than not…to not be the factor that causes extended life etc , at doses that are palatable to humans

» » Isn’t Resveratrol supposed to be in grapeseed extract?
» maybe in minute quantities like i think a bottle of red wine has like 1 mg
» of resveratrol.In the studies you need itleast 1500 mg day internally so
» you need to order the purified powder or caps from like revgenetics or
» megaresveratrol which is extracted from japanese knotweed

you guys need to do some more research on resveratrol before you start recommending it

guys might start taking it internally,

it is a severe vaso dilator, causing a lot of people to bleed heavily, so be careful

The longevity studies activating the sirt1 gene is using resveratrol only the trick is high enough dosages…there is also an antiaging drug in development right now that is synthesized from resveratrol to be like 5 times as potent as transresveratrol by Sirtris which glaxosmithkline is now buying the rights to.All my research is based on actual studies on the transresveratrol molecule and there are many many studies on it for cancer,diabetes pain relief,muscle endurance etc etc…
I suggest look on the imminst.org website and check the forum.There is much debate and reputable info there.Im not talking hype from vendors but scientific analysis from many different studies and well funded organizations.The mouse study is legit btw extending lifespan by over 30 % with resveratrol alone…Also just learned Resveratrol is also an aromatase inhibitor which might explain the endurance increase and elevated testosterone

yes but the amount of resveratrol the mouses had taken is unable to be given to humans, in other words the equivalent amount, if you calculate the body weight of the mice… so the study is not applicable

you would have to drink 100 bottles of red wine per day to ingest this amount, so what use is this study?

but no, you say, the amount of active ingredient in the pills, is equivalent to many times normal, so that is why the pills are effective

if this is true…and the whole basis of the genesis of the Resveratrol hysteria is the fat frenchies eating lots of heavy fat in their diets and not having heart attacks…because they drink a few glasses of red wine every day

this does not make sense then. They do not pop resveratrol pills to get the benefits, they get if from the wine.

Why then, do the pills, have such a huge amount of resveratrol in them compared to a few glasses of wine? why would you need such a high amount if the french get the benefits with only equivalent of two glasses a day of wine.>?

That is what does not make sense about the whole resveratrol thing to me

I agree with you that alot of the resveratrol pushers quote the red wine “theory” but no studies have been done on red wine,its a theory nothing more of course maybe red wines benefits are attributed to many things in the red wine…not just the miniscule amount of resveratrol.Most of those manufacturers only offer lame 100 mg resveratrol pills which are probably worthless at that dosage.Dosage needed to upregulate sirt1 gene is itlest 25 mg/kg or roughly 1.5 grams per day for a 150 lb person which is affordable by buying in bulk powder(transresveratrol)around $50-$100 month depending on purity.There are many people reporting significant benefits with resveratrol but only in the higher dose range some are taking 6 grams+ per day.I will probably start at 1 gram internally and see how that goes with the topical

» I agree with you that alot of the resveratrol pushers quote the red wine
» “theory” but no studies have been done on red wine,its a theory nothing
» more of course maybe red wines benefits are attributed to many things in
» the red wine…not just the miniscule amount of resveratrol.Most of those
» manufacturers only offer lame 100 mg resveratrol pills which are probably
» worthless at that dosage.Dosage needed to upregulate sirt1 gene is itlest
» 25 mg/kg or roughly 1.5 grams per day for a 150 lb person which is
» affordable by buying in bulk powder(transresveratrol)around $50-$100 month
» depending on purity.There are many people reporting significant benefits
» with resveratrol but only in the higher dose range some are taking 6 grams+
» per day.I will probably start at 1 gram internally and see how that goes
» with the topical

i read a lot of studies that say they do not believe resveratrol is the ingredient in red wine that causes the french to not get heart attacks
i will try to dig it up

Yes, I saw this on 20/20 too. This is on their website.

Dr. Sinclair, Sirtris Pharmaceutical

Sirtris Pharmaceuticals – Treating Disease by Modulating Sirtuins

Over the past 70 years, scientists have shown that calorie restriction, or the reduction of normal calorie intake by at least 30-40%, extends healthy lifespan in multiple species, including mice and rats. In addition, calorie restricted animals showed improvement in a number of factors associated with Type 2 Diabetes, including glucose levels, insulin sensitivity and weight gain. Recently published animal studies, including articles in Cell and Nature in 2006, suggest that beneficial effects of calorie restriction are triggered by activation of SIRT1.

Our most advanced programs are focused on developing activators of SIRT1 and include SRT501, our proprietary formulation of resveratrol. Resveratrol is a natural substance found in red wine and other plant products. SRT501 has been shown in animal studies to be a more stable formulation of resveratrol that results in higher drug levels in blood. SRT501 is in Phase 1b clinical trials for Type 2 Diabetes, a disorder characterized by, among other things, high glucose levels. We have also discovered several novel small molecule activators of SIRT1. One of these small molecules, at one-tenth the dose, is as effective as SRT501 at reducing glucose levels and improving insulin sensitivity in an established animal model of Type 2 Diabetes known as the diet-induced obesity (DIO) mouse model.

We believe we are the leading company focused on discovering and developing drug candidates that target sirtuins, and, in particular, drug candidates that mimic the beneficial effects of calorie restriction by activating SIRT1. Our scientific founder and members of our scientific advisory board include many of the leading researchers in the sirtuin field. We have exclusively licensed or own over 100 patents and patent applications pertaining to sirtuins and their role in diseases of aging. Members of our management have previously advanced more than twenty small molecule drugs into clinical trials and played key roles in developing several FDA-approved drugs.

LEF has their new NanoResveratrol out…for internal use of course.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/product.asp?SID=1&id=622

"Resveratrol dissolves into the lipids as the nanospheres form during the fabrication process; it winds up being dissolved primarily in the core or in the shell. There, it’s protected from its environment until the nanospheres are destroyed by lipases, which are enzymes that break down fats into fatty acids and glycerol. The resveratrol is then released.

We call our nanospheres NanoBioSpheres. Given our proprietary manufacturing process, which takes their mean size down below 50 nm, they provide much-needed solubility for lipophilic compounds, such as resveratrol, and they are more readily taken up by our cells than are larger particles.* Also, they tend to be preferentially absorbed by two types of tissues, namely, tumors and inflamed tissues, where the capillaries are more permeable (“leakier”) than normal.* That allows the nanospheres to slip through tiny openings and gain access to the cells.* Called passive targeting, this is a property of all ordinary nanospheres."

BTW…in another health forum some were taking mega-doses of GliSODin and seeing the grey disappear.