Starting Finasteride at 19

Hi, so I am 19 years old and are experiencing around a NW 2, so I have been researching all I can about hair loss, and although I am also trying andd gonna be doing a few other methods, the main thing I want to do is to start taking finasteride the sooner I can, however I have a few reservations and questions about it. Now if I was around 22-23 years old or older I would have no problem starting inmediately I know most side effects are a small chance and are for most people not significant, however I do know that of course Finasteride affects puberty development very badly and essentially stops it, now I know I am already an adult so most of my development I already over, however puberty can and in many cases still continues in a generally lower level till 21 and even 22-23.

On those efects I don´t care and would actually prefer if my body hair decreased, however I am worried on it´s effects on the last growth of my height and penis size, cause I have noted that although small my height is still increasing and I believe my penis size length has also slightly increased on these last year/months, so will taking Finasteride completely stop that or not? And what should I do in this situation?

Dear JosueD,
Reading on the net one feels that finasteride or a similar DHT blocker is a must to stop hairfall.

That is NOT true.
I have found good results with my Biohacking protocol @ Gene therapy for hairloss.

Think why you are losing hair at this young an age?
Did people in your previous 2 generations lose hair so early in their life? The answer will be NO.

It generally is.
Our Genome only shows that we have a predilection for hairloss and baldness.
Should you not be losing hair at the same age as your grandfather (I am guessing here that baldness runs in your family)?

That does not happen because its not the genes that decide when to activate the hairloss process.

Its our Epigenome which does it. Most people, unknowingly, switch ON their hairloss at the genetic level by keeping an unhealthy Epigenome.

Put very simply, Epigenome is the sum total of the environment around the stem cells of your hair follicles.
Your blood is what carries everything to your hair stem cells - be it nutrients, preservatives or toxins.

My advise before you start taking Finasteride, is to follow the Hair Care Process.
Its a simple and logical lifestyle modification that most people should be doing.
I will post it later.

Couple it with : Once a week microneedling using a 1mm dermaroller/dermapen ensuring there is pin point bleeding (this attracts the platelets and growth factors to the area).
Apply Resveratrol Grapeseed serum and Fisetin so that they reach their target intradermal location and start protecting the stem cells, removing senescent cells and changing the Gene expression, increasing the TERT (telomerase reverse transcriptase) levels.
(This is how we reverse hairloss at a genetic level).
Think of this as a lifelong habit that you should start just like you brush your teeth to keep them strong. Of course, get trained in correct use of dermaroller in hair.

The Epigenome is the major player here. We have consistently found that Gene therapy delivers these :

1. Hairfall slows down considerably within 2-4 weeks.
  2. Hair strength increases (Hair pull test becomes negative in 4 weeks in most patients)
  3. Hair length and speed of growth increase. We have noticed this especially, in ladies because men usually keep cutting their hair.
  4. Hair diameter increases. Most patients start noticing a thickening of hair in first 4 weeks and it keeps improving.

I will post a video on how to carry out this simple process at home.

Regards,
Dr A

This is a recent Gene therapy result.
The patient has never used Finasteride, Minoxidil or PRP.

How to improve your Epigenome is described here.

The Poswal Hair Care Regime (concise)

My advice based on current scientific anti-ageing/age reversal research for healthy hair for you:

Do this -

1. Intermittent fasting
  2. Wim Hoff breathing exercises,
    https://youtu.be/0BNejY1e9ik
  3. Cold showers atleast twice a week,
    https://youtu.be/nLHdG_zEue0

Eat this :

1. Salad of - broccoli, mushrooms, tomato.
  2. Take atleast 1-2 whole eggs per day.
  3. Salmon/oily fish 100 gm daily or similar quantity of seafood.

www.webmd.com

Is Your Diet Aging You? Principles of an Anti-Aging Diet

WebMD discusses the diet habits that may help you stay as young as possible inside and out.

www.webmd.com www.webmd.com

1. Snacks should contain mushrooms, liberal amounts of coriander and parsley ( they contain Quercetin and Apigenin respectively), cucumber, colored cabbage, colored ripe to overripe fruits (rich sources of NMN), algae in form of sushi or soups.
    View lecture of Dr David Sinclair, Harvard University alumni and pioneer in NMN research.

2. Take soups - tomato clear soup with liberal amounts of spices, rasam or any traditional, fresh soups.

3. Use curcurmin regularly in food preparation ( don’t burn it).

4. Eat fresh, home made, chemicals and preservative free food.

5. Eat liberal amounts of salads, walnuts and fresh citrus fruits daily. Avoid ready to cook meals.

Go for a calorie restricted diet. Refer to your dietician.
Calorie restricted diet (see video)
Eat foods that you enjoy.
Happiness is essential as is daily meditation (in whatever form). I prefer binaural guided meditation. You have a variety of music to use in this simple tool on YouTube.

Example

Intradermal/in-skin supplements -
Use Dermaroller/Dermastamp/Dermapen (1mm) to create channels in the scalp with thinning hair.
See video - https://youtu.be/IxlJt5vn8GQ
Apply Resveratrol and Grapeseed extract serum to stimulate the stem cells of your hair.
Use dermaroller once a week.
Apply the serum daily at bedtime on the scalp (especially the part with thinning hair)

Read benefits of Resveratrol for hair

Hair Growth-Promoting Effect of Resveratrol in Mice, Human Hair Follicles and Dermal Papilla Cells

Oxidative damage has been found in various types of hair loss. As a polyphenolic phytoalexin, resveratrol (RSV) is known as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic agent.Thus, we aim to examine the effects of RSV on hair growth.In vivo C57BL/6 …

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Benefits of Grapeseed for hair

Proanthocyanidins from grape seeds promote proliferation of mouse hair follicle cells in vitro and convert hair cycle in vivo - PubMed

For the purpose of discovering natural products which possess hair growing activity, we examined about 1000 kinds of plant extracts concerning growth-promoting activity with respect to hair follicle cells. After an extensive search, we discovered that proanthocyanidins extracted from grape seeds…

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

If need be we can use stronger antiageing molecules like NMN, AKG and Fisetin for improving the hair growth.
However, those sessions have to be performed in clinic under supervision.

You may like to read about

Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression - PubMed

Although thinning hair and alopecia are not recognized as severe diseases, hair loss has implications for mental health and quality of life; therefore, a large number of studies have been carried out to develop novel hair growth agents. In the present study, we aimed to examine the potential of…

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

• Ca AKG benefits for hair
    https://youtu.be/IBbwH7eb1HY
    Please take your vitals measurements and keep a monthly record (take pictures of your hair, especially, the effected parts in clear light and same angles for comparison. Also note/collect the hairloss in hairbrush if you’re noticing rapid hair fall).
    Please share your monthly progress with me.

Regards
Dr(Capt). Arvind Poswal

It’s really good to see such useful discussion goin on …