Started a new topical and

ran across this patenthttp://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5932251-claims.html btw…i just started a colloidal copper/ormus product topically from tibetangold.com.I also use ormus internally which is an AMAZING substance but topically seems to absorb really well and after researching a bit found out colloidal copper(nano particles)can easily enter the follicles much better than peptides.The patent mentions mixing with colloidal silver and gold as well so maybe ill try that too…Also,im usingnizoral cream just on the crown nightly for over 2 weeks now and dermalastly on 1 temple only for 1 week if none of this works i migght try revitalash(prostaglandin analog) and maybe laminaria from oceanwonderkelp.com.Wishing us all success

jeff u:

Which product? The link is broken. What do you think that this ormus stuff is going to do for you? Are there any studies on the health benefits of ormus?

» jeff u:
»
» Which product? The link is broken. What do you think that this ormus stuff
» is going to do for you? Are there any studies on the health benefits of
» ormus?
Which link are you talking of? im using the copper lining liquid sunlight from www.tibetangold.com

Ormus is the most profound substance ive ever ingested.Ive spent thousands on supplements,vitamins minerals etc but iv e never stayed consistent with ormus cause it scares me a bit.How powerful it is i mean.I tried another product from tibetan gold with added m-state rhodium/iridium/ and gold and it gives me too much energy.Like it opens energy channels in the body that previously werent opened.For now im trying copper lining which is pretty powerful by itself under the tongue 6 or 8 drops per day is enough.I also have on order some white powder gold from nutech energies which based on forum response is the most powerful,transformational product out there.This stuff is very quantum in nature defying laws of physics etc.Many people are taking these formulations for incurable diseases when nothing else will work and based on my experimentation i belive it could have some merit.One thing is for sure, this stuff is not snake oil.It puts your mind in the now and increases awareness drastically for me.Dreams are more vivid as well.There is ormus forums where people discuss effects and uses of ormus if youd like to know more.Im also a bit interested in the mineral colloids for health as well as they seem to hold promise internally and i couldnt believe the patent topically for these colloids to grow hair.

Sorry, my mistake. The link to the patent is broken. This stuff sounds very interesting, but I am quite surprised that I have never heard of it. Thanks for the info.

the link is

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5932251-fulltext.html

Stay away from colloidal particles of silver, gold, and copper. You’re slowly poisoning yourself.

» Stay away from colloidal particles of silver, gold, and copper. You’re
» slowly poisoning yourself.

I was just about to ask if people will get side effects from too much absorbing too much minerals.

most people are deficient in minerals however you could do a mineral profile on yourself if your that worried about it.From what i understand,colloidal minerals wont cause build up in the body.Ormus minerals are even smaller i believe.

» most people are deficient in minerals…

Again, gold and silver DON’T COUNT as “minerals” in human nutrition. Stay away from them.

J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Aug;53(2 Suppl 1):S105-7. Links
Argyria secondary to ingestion of homemade silver solution.Brandt D, Park B, Hoang M, Jacobe HT.

Department of Dermatology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA.

Argyria is a rare skin disease caused by cutaneous deposition of silver granules in the skin as a result of exposure to silver substrate or ingestion of silver salt. This report describes a patient with generalized argyria caused by ingestion of homemade colloidal silver solution. The patient learned about the uses of the silver solution and its preparation at a convention for “natural medicine.”

Clin Exp Dermatol. 2003 May;28(3):254-6. Links
Severe generalized argyria secondary to ingestion of colloidal silver protein.White JM, Powell AM, Brady K, Russell-Jones R.

Department of Dermatology, Ealing Hospital, London, UK. jonathanmlwhite@hotmail.com

Argyria is a rare cause of cutaneous discolouration caused by silver deposition. We report a case of dramatic and diffuse argyria secondary to ingestion of colloidal silver protein over a 1-year period. Stained electron microscopy with spectral analysis was used to confirm the clinical diagnosis. Silver-protein complexes are deposited in the skin and reduced to inert silver salts by sunlight in a process similar to that harnessed in photography. Our patient had obtained the silver for consumption via mail order. It had been advertised as a cure for a variety of diseases. Colloidal silver protein is commercially available as a ‘food supplement’, hence circumventing the strict controls placed on medicines.

PMID: 12780705 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

J Cutan Pathol. 2006 Dec;33(12):809-11.Links

A case of argyria after colloidal silver ingestion.Chang AL, Khosravi V, Egbert B.

Department of Dermatology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA. alschang@stanford.edu

BACKGROUND: Argyria is often considered an entity of the past, one which has largely disappeared with the cessation of silver usage in oral medications. However, with the practice of colloidal silver ingestion in current “alternative health” treatments, argyria should be considered in the differential diagnosis of blue-gray hyperpigmentation.

METHODS: A single case report with clinicopathological correlation.

RESULTS: Histological examination of skin biopsy specimen, which showed perieccrine brown-black granules, verified that colloidal silver rather than a prescribed medication was the source of the patient’s dyspigmentation.

Am J Kidney Dis. 2001 May;37(5):1048-51.Links

Generalized argyria in two chronic hemodialysis patients.Sue YM, Lee JY, Wang MC, Lin TK, Sung JM, Huang JJ.

Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China.

Silver can be absorbed through ingestion, topical administration, or inhalation. Generalized argyria results from deposition of silver in the skin, nails, mucous membranes, and internal organs and is characterized by a diffuse bluish-gray discoloration in sun-exposed areas. We report two cases of generalized argyria in patients on maintenance hemodialysis (HD) therapy for more than 15 years. They presented with diffuse hyperpigmentation of the face that was mistaken to be related to uremia and bluish-gray discoloration of all nails believed to be cyanosis. Histopathologic examination of skin biopsy specimens showed characteristic findings of argyria, which was further confirmed by radiograph microanalysis. Their serum silver levels were also elevated. No definite silver source could be determined. However, their argyria might be related to their long-term HD therapy because (1) they had been on HD therapy for more than 15 years and the discoloration appeared several years afterward, and (2) the water used for HD was not well processed in the early 1980s in TAIWAN: Argyria should be suspected in chronic HD patients presenting with a diffuse bluish-gray discoloration of the skin and nails and evaluated carefully by skin biopsy.

Int J Dermatol. 2003 Jul;42(7):549. Links

Argyria associated with colloidal silver supplementation.McKenna JK, Hull CM, Zone JJ.

Department of Dermatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA.

A 65-year-old male presented for skin examination and was incidentally noted to have discoloration of the fingernails. These findings were completely asymptomatic. The patient had been taking colloidal silver supplementation (Silverzone 140 ppm silver Gifts of Nature, St. George, UT, USA) for 2 years as therapy for diabetes. He first noticed the onset of nail discoloration 1 year ago. His past medical history included type II diabetes and hypertension. His current medications were metformin, glyburide, and benazepril. Physical examination revealed slate-gray discoloration involving the lunulae of the fingernails (Fig. 1). The skin, mucous membranes, and sclerae were unaffected.

Cutis. 2000 Nov;66(5):373-4.Links

Argyria following the use of dietary supplements containing colloidal silver protein.Gulbranson SH, Hud JA, Hansen RC.

Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85006, USA.

The onset of argyria following the use of dietary supplements containing colloidal silver protein is presented. The patient was using a silver-containing product for cold and allergy prophylaxis. We review the past and present medicinal roles of silver and include a differential diagnosis for argyria. The hyperpigmentation of argyria is usually permanent, and it follows a sun-exposed distribution. This case report highlights the potential for toxicity following the use of dietary supplements and demonstrates the importance of physician inquiry regarding alternative medicines. Finally, we examine the limited role of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in regulating alternative medicines marketed as dietary supplements.

PMID: 11107524 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Vet Hum Toxicol. 2002 Oct;44(5):291-2.Links

Believe it or not–silver still poisons!

Hori K, Martin TG, Rainey P, Robertson WO.
Washington Poison Center, Seattle 98125-8012, USA.

For centuries, silver has been endowed with therapeutic benefits. It is still used today as a “caustic” for superficial bleeding. Within 7days, we had 3 cases of “argyria” and then 2 more over the next month. The first 2 cases involved a husband and wife with a 3-y exposure to naturopathic hydrolyzed silver treatment. The third casewas a 37-y-old male in a state psychiatric facility noted to have darkly “discolored” skin probable obtained from herbal tea. The last 2 cases were a married couple into herbal medications who developed bluish discoloration of face and hands. Current cases due to “alternative medicine” may get worse as rumor reveals its popularity as prophylaxis against anthrax. The skin’s grayish discoloration, made worse by sunlight, may persist for life.

PMID: 12361115 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Clin Neuropathol. 1984 Jan-Feb;3(1):32-6.Links

Brain involvement in generalized argyria.
Dietl HW, Anzil AP, Mehraein P.

Cutaneous argyria was diagnosed in a 59-year-old woman. Manic depressive psychosis developed at about the same or a short time thereafter. The patient died 6 years later from a ruptured aortic aneurysm. At autopsy silver deposits were seen in skin, mucous membranes, heart, kidney, and liver. In the central nervous system the leptomeninges and choroid plexuses contained silver granules. In addition, silver granules were visualized in the walls of many intraparenchymal vessels, particularly of the basal ganglia, hypothalamus, substantia nigra, and cerebellum. Progressive glial changes and cellular gliosis were evident in many areas of the brain. With the electron microscope the deposition of silver granules in basal membrane structures of the choroid plexus and intracerebral vasculature was amply confirmed. Furthermore, silver deposition was seen in brain parenchymal cells inside bodies of apparently lysosomal nature. The silver content of various brain regions was determined by absorption spectrophotometry.

PMID: 6705320 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Yeah right colloidal silver is dangerous. But colloidal copper is advised here and there as a skin treatment or an anti greyhair treatment. What is to be thought of this?