Speculation on what Thomas whitfield is cooking?

» I’m skeptical as the claim is so broad. But I’m waiting to hear what his
» discovery.
»
» First man to find a cure for baldness deserves a Nobel prize.

He (or his company) has just started researching for possible cures…first they’ll find a cure…then the approx 10 year trial period will start. Basically, this whitfield guy is at least 10 years away from a cure.

» » i agree, i have donated and have been in correspondance with them.
» »
» » they say an update is sheduled sometime this year.
»
» any hints on what it might be ?
»
» Hope its not another laser comb. That was be a total washout.

no hint as to what it is but they will provide an update sometime this year AND:

a first product will “possibly be marketed shortly after” the 2010 update

im pretty confident they will have something out by the end of this year or beginning of next year.

clinical trials will “not be required” for all the products they have in the pipeline

they will bring out a series of products - this backs up what i was saying earlier:
hair growth
prevention
cure

i think thomas whifield thought he could get his products out to the masses without having to go through clinical trials at the time he was giving his interview to the telegraph, because he probably thought clinical trials did not apply to his technology but later found out he did have to go through these “hurdles”

i definiteley beleive there is something to this, definiiteley NOT snake oil, come on, oxford university??? snake oil???!! get real!!

hopefully, with a bit of luck i will be allowed to participate in the trials!!:smiley:

» » I’m skeptical as the claim is so broad. But I’m waiting to hear what
» his

» » discovery.
» »
» » First man to find a cure for baldness deserves a Nobel prize.
»
» He (or his company) has just started researching for possible
» cures…first they’ll find a cure…then the approx 10 year trial period
» will start. Basically, this whitfield guy is at least 10 years away from a
» cure.

id say 2 years!

» » I’m skeptical as the claim is so broad. But I’m waiting to hear what
» his

» » discovery.
» »
» » First man to find a cure for baldness deserves a Nobel prize.
»
» He (or his company) has just started researching for possible
» cures…first they’ll find a cure…then the approx 10 year trial period
» will start. Basically, this whitfield guy is at least 10 years away from a
» cure.

This clown Whitfield is asking random people for advice on how to cure MPB and begging for money donations on his joke of a website. I’d say he’s a hell of a lot further off than 10 years. In fact, i’d say you’ve got a better chance of seeing your MPB randomly reverse itself than getting a cure from him.

» » » I’m skeptical as the claim is so broad. But I’m waiting to hear
» what
» » his

» » » discovery.
» » »
» » » First man to find a cure for baldness deserves a Nobel prize.
» »
» » He (or his company) has just started researching for possible
» » cures…first they’ll find a cure…then the approx 10 year trial
» period
» » will start. Basically, this whitfield guy is at least 10 years away from
» a
» » cure.
»
»
» This clown Whitfield is asking random people for advice on how to cure MPB
» and begging for money donations on his joke of a website. I’d say he’s a
» hell of a lot further off than 10 years. In fact, i’d say you’ve got a
» better chance of seeing your MPB randomly reverse itself than getting a
» cure from him.

You can’t be tough on Whitfield here, but go easy on Follica on Xconomy. Neither of them showed proof-of-concept on humans or offered any realistic timelines. They’re both suspect IMO.

Follica has some kind of coherent business plan. They have a specific plan in mind to exploit a method that has been linked to some pretty serious accidental regrowth cases. They have convinced investors to sink millions into them based on their plans and some decent results in animal testing.

Thomas Whitfield has said “existing MPB treatments suck so I’m working on a better one.”

» a first product will “possibly be marketed shortly after” the 2010 update

They CAN’T market it in western countries claiming hair regrowth, if the active ingredients haven’t gone through clinical trials. So unless, its a topical concotion of minox, finas etc - it’ll probably be a product based on saw palmetto, copper peptides etc.

» im pretty confident they will have something out by the end of this year
» or beginning of next year.

Having something out…and having something out that stops hairloss and regrows hair are totally different things. I can get a product out tomorrow (e.g. saw palemtto and minox solution)…is it gonna be any effective? without clinical trials its impossible to tell.

» clinical trials will “not be required” for all the products they have in
» the pipeline

The point of clinical trials is not only to prove safety but to prove efficacy. HTH, did he figure out a drug, that helps with AGA, in just one year without even requiring a trial/study of some sort? it’s too good to be true.

»
» You can’t be tough on Whitfield here, but go easy on Follica on Xconomy.
» Neither of them showed proof-of-concept on humans or offered any realistic
» timelines. They’re both suspect IMO.

But there’s nothing to be tough on him with, at the moment he’s got nothing as far as we know, all i was saying is wait for him to show his hand and then we can all rip him to shreds for being another snake oil salesman.

One more thing rev, WTF is going on with that nexttime guy on xconomy, I’ve actually stopped going on there the last few days because of his rants. He seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder as well. I’m sure he targeted you, which makes me believe he’s one of the people you have had run-ins with on here.

»
» You can’t be tough on Whitfield here, but go easy on Follica on Xconomy.
» Neither of them showed proof-of-concept on humans or offered any realistic
» timelines. They’re both suspect IMO.

Sure I can. Follica is backed by sound research which has been published and peer reviewed in one of the most prestigous journals that exist. Not to mention that they’re are backed by millions of dollars and have a highly talented and established team of executives and scientific advisors. They actually have “some” promise to bring something forward. Whitfield has none, zilch, nada… he is a huffing glue.

He’s a kid talking out of his azz about something he clearly hasn’t studied or even have an inkling about. Show me one paper he’s published, co-authored, or even referenced in, for that matter. Does he even have a PhD? If he does, where are the publications? What did he work on? If he did something it should be easy enough to find. I have access to scientific lit search engines at work, and could find nothing. Not even a hint of anything he’s done scientifically, nevermind in the field of Alopecia.

To try and lump the two together is disingenuous. They’re not even in the same universe in terms of feasability and or scientific credibility, of which, Whitfield has none. I understand your gripes with Follica and i’m with you on that - it’s BS for them to get peoples hopes up then leave us hanging. But, at least they are working on it, there is solid scientific reserch behind it and they’re are putting their money where their mouth is. It’s a positive sign. Hopefully we’ll hear something - one way or the other - soon. But, this crap that whitfield pulled, announcing a treatment to end baldness in a year and then showing up with a website asking for ideas and money??? I mean, that’s beyond belief. He should be chastised for it

I make little differentiation between liars… whether they’re educated, experienced, well-funded, or not, but I will admit it’s getting harder and harder to tell the difference.

Sure I can. Follica is backed by sound research which has been published and peer reviewed in one of the most prestigous journals that exist. Not to mention that they’re are backed by millions of dollars and have a highly talented and established team of executives and scientific advisors. They actually have “some” promise to bring something forward. Whitfield has none, zilch, nada… he is a huffing glue.

He’s a kid talking out of his azz about something he clearly hasn’t studied or even have an inkling about. Show me one paper he’s published, co-authored, or even referenced in, for that matter. Does he even have a PhD? If he does, where are the publications? What did he work on? If he did something it should be easy enough to find. I have access to scientific lit search engines at work, and could find nothing. Not even a hint of anything he’s done scientifically, nevermind in the field of Alopecia.

To try and lump the two together is disingenuous. They’re not even in the same universe in terms of feasability and or scientific credibility, of which, Whitfield has none. I understand your gripes with Follica and i’m with you on that - it’s BS for them to get peoples hopes up then leave us hanging. But, at least they are working on it, there is solid scientific reserch behind it and they’re are putting their money where their mouth is. It’s a positive sign. Hopefully we’ll hear something - one way or the other - soon. But, this crap that whitfield pulled, announcing a treatment to end baldness in a year and then showing up with a website asking for ideas and money??? I mean, that’s beyond belief. He should be chastised for it

But there’s nothing to be tough on him with, at the moment he’s got nothing as far as we know, all i was saying is wait for him to show his hand and then we can all rip him to shreds for being another snake oil salesman.

One more thing rev, WTF is going on with that nexttime guy on xconomy, I’ve actually stopped going on there the last few days because of his rants. He seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder as well. I’m sure he targeted you, which makes me believe he’s one of the people you have had run-ins with on here.

I don’t know, but there’s something suspect about a guy that claims to have a PhD, writes scatter-brained comments, and resorts quickly to trash talk. I smell a rat (similar to roger_that).

I gave him a simple challenge. If he knows Coteralis, and if he’s versed in the language of “biotech” than he shouldn’t have a problem getting us some simple answers.

» I make little differentiation between liars… whether they’re educated,
» experienced, well-funded, or not, but I will admit it’s getting harder and
» harder to tell the difference.
»

Fair enough. I can’t argue with that.

reserve judgement on trx2 until the update!

Follica’s lies fall within the realm of standard industry practice for respectable medical research.

Whitfield’s lies do not.

Although I understand the mass skepticism about Thomas Whitfield, how could he possibly get Oxford to back his research if he’s talking nonsense ? Oxford is no mickey mouse university. Surely they have a review committee of profs to oversee the funding and peer review of his work.

That’s what puzzles me.

» Although I understand the mass skepticism about Thomas Whitfield, how could
» he possibly get Oxford to back his research if he’s talking nonsense ?
» Oxford is no mickey mouse university. Surely they have a review committee
» of profs to oversee the funding and peer review of his work.

He does Not have any peer reviwed work done yet - nothing published at least. I remember last year when he first started chiming about baldness cure, someone found a video of him in which he was asking a group of people in a hall about “ideas” on how to cure baldness. That is not a confidence inspirer!

Btw, he does have a history of getting funding and big $$$ at that. He made some BS timeline website, where people would record timeline of events in their lives etc, called miomi. He got funding for that too, and that website isn’t even online anymore. According to telegraph, the same & only newspaper that talked about him curing baldness, he got $50million in VC funding for his Miomi venture. Which if you believe the telegraph would have been something bigger than facebook by now…but its not even online anymore - lasted only 2 years!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1543118/Students-planning-to-sell-moments-in-time.html

» Follica has some kind of coherent business plan. They have a specific plan
» in mind to exploit a method that has been linked to some pretty serious
» accidental regrowth cases. They have convinced investors to sink millions
» into them based on their plans and some decent results in animal testing.
»
»
»
»
» Thomas Whitfield has said “existing MPB treatments suck so I’m working on
» a better one.”

haha great post! its so true… Thomas Whitfield goes public and tells us he has “something cooking” but cant tell us what… why did he even go public then? maybe he is an attention-whore?

» » Follica has some kind of coherent business plan. They have a specific
» plan
» » in mind to exploit a method that has been linked to some pretty serious
» » accidental regrowth cases. They have convinced investors to sink
» millions
» » into them based on their plans and some decent results in animal
» testing.
» »
» »
» »
» »
» » Thomas Whitfield has said “existing MPB treatments suck so I’m working
» on
» » a better one.”
»
» haha great post! its so true… Thomas Whitfield goes public and tells us
» he has “something cooking” but cant tell us what… why did he even go
» public then? maybe he is an attention-whore?

True, but Follica were attention-whores back in 2008 as well, and neither Thomas Whitfield or Follica materialized anything of value thus far.

I have little interest in either outfit at this point. I’ll change my mind only when someone shows us proof-of-concept on humans, but I’m not holding my breath.

Do you know which is Thomas’s adress? I want to see dr.T.W and congratulate him becouse he won you all. You didn’t change your hairstyle, but maybe he did something good with your brain, so fu+k the hair. Must admit he’s a very clever…

» He does Not have any peer reviwed work done yet - nothing published at
» least.

Perhaps someone could contact him to verify this.

I don’t know what to make of him really.

The claims he makes are so bold that I find it hard to believe he could ever deliver the goods.

Since he’s indicated that he will release his research by 2010-11, could someone (e.g. gutted) contact him at the end of the year and ask him if he’s ready to release his results?

Hopefully this does not turn into a neverending Gho saga.