Speculation on what Thomas whitfield is cooking? - NEW THREAD

I would consider Minox to regrow “a lot” of hairs if you can give it to a NW#7 and make him Elvis.

It’s only “unrealistic” because science has made such a ridiculously small amount of progress on MPB up to the present.

I know its been said a million times before but I have a feeling MPB is going to be solved in this decade (2010 to 2020).

Science will figure out how to generate hair follicles from stem cells. The procedure won’t be cheap.

We will be the last generation to have to go through this sh&t so enjoy it while it lasts.

» I know its been said a million times before but I have a feeling MPB is
» going to be solved in this decade (2010 to 2020).
»
» Science will figure out how to generate hair follicles from stem cells.
» The procedure won’t be cheap.
»
» We will be the last generation to have to go through this sh&t so enjoy it
» while it lasts.

fingers crossed!

still no update on trx2. :frowning:

does anyone know where luna research are with thier mpb work?

Let me get this straight…this TRX2 is in preclinical studies. So that means it has to go through phase 1, 2, 3, 4 and then its approved. So it seems like many years away. they also say that they cannot release any information because they are in stealth mode.

they say they will launch some products this year or the next?How dont they need approval?

so basically this guy is getting paid for nothing since he sais they are working in stealth mode and cannot give any significant information about the supposed big thing which is trx 2. In the mean time he sents newsletters promoting through his hits and tips and blog other products including his own unapproved ones which are supposed to come out this year. So basically he is gonna make money from this as well. He asks people to become premium member to become labrats for a treatment which is not even in phase 1 and pay during the duration of the trials which will take years

THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL JOKES IN THIS FORUM. He also sais that he needs this money for the treatment to come faster to the market LMAO. If he was honest he would give people shares of his company for their contribution at least that way you can take a risk which MIGHT have a reward.

He is so smart that some guys in here will be generating traffic to his blog for years with BS updates from his blog and supposed premium newsletters.

I wonder how hairsite feels that this thing in generating traffic to his blog from this site ruining the HM board and taking advantage of the forum for selling his memberships

Finally someone with a functioning brain here.

Whitfield is a liar as i said many times before and gutted is in fact one of his sell outs or firends whatever…

Gutted i can tell you one thing, everybody knows whitfields face and so maybe there is a baldie who is really pis*ed and he will take matters in his own hands, if you know what i mean.

For the sake of his **** he should end this circus or it can get really nasty :wink:

» Let me get this straight…this TRX2 is in preclinical studies. So that
» means it has to go through phase 1, 2, 3, 4 and then its approved. So it
» seems like many years away. they also say that they cannot release any
» information because they are in stealth mode.
»
» they say they will launch some products this year or the next?How dont
» they need approval?
»
» so basically this guy is getting paid for nothing since he sais they are
» working in stealth mode and cannot give any significant information about
» the supposed big thing which is trx 2. In the mean time he sents
» newsletters promoting through his hits and tips and blog other products
» including his own unapproved ones which are supposed to come out this year.
» So basically he is gonna make money from this as well. He asks people to
» become premium member to become labrats for a treatment which is not even
» in phase 1 and pay during the duration of the trials which will take years
»
»
» THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL JOKES IN THIS FORUM. He also sais that he needs
» this money for the treatment to come faster to the market LMAO. If he was
» honest he would give people shares of his company for their contribution at
» least that way you can take a risk which MIGHT have a reward.
»
» He is so smart that some guys in here will be generating traffic to his
» blog for years with BS updates from his blog and supposed premium
» newsletters.
»
» I wonder how hairsite feels that this thing in generating traffic to his
» blog from this site ruining the HM board and taking advantage of the forum
» for selling his memberships

"Next Week, i nail you on that. If it is working without sc_am praising people i will officially APOLOGIZE

But until then i still remain sceptical"

wait for the update. im not going to go out of my way and justify again why i dont believe hes a sc am. let him produce to us what he has before you can confirm it to be a sc am.

anyway, i was checking out nesta’s website and there was an investment portfolio of some of the companies they invest in -

http://www.nesta.org.uk/investments/portfolio/healthcare/assets/features/healthcare_companies

http://www.nesta.org.uk/investments/portfolio/healthcare

most of them involved some sort of medical device, to treat diseases which are far more threatening than mpb, and again, i doubt they would invest thier money in snake oil.

perhaps next week we’ll get the update we’ve been waiting for.

» “Next Week, i nail you on that. If it is working without sc_am praising
» people i will officially APOLOGIZE
»
» But until then i still remain sceptical”
»
»
» wait for the update. im not going to go out of my way and justify again
» why i dont believe hes a sc am. let him produce to us what he has before
» you can confirm it to be a sc am.
» ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
»
»
» anyway, i was checking out nesta’s website and there was an investment
» portfolio of some of the companies they invest in -
»
» http://www.nesta.org.uk/investments/portfolio/healthcare/assets/features/healthcare_companies
»
» http://www.nesta.org.uk/investments/portfolio/healthcare
»
» most of them involved some sort of medical device, to treat diseases which
» are far more threatening than mpb, and again, i doubt they would invest
» thier money in snake oil.
»

you dont get it do you? Just because he got a grant doesnt mean he will cure hairloss, intercytex also got a grand from the uk goverment and in the end it was busted.

Basically this guy propably has an idea which has science behind it, got the grand(nobody know the exact number) and now he is trying to make money loooong before something if anything comes out!!!

Honestly with out selling any product he is asking people to pay 27 to 97 euros every month for a member ship and also to make donations!!!for something that is preclinical!!!it doesnt even has a timeline for phase 1!!!

so basically even if 10 guys pay a premium membership he is making a thousand a month for nothing!!! why doesnt his sell shares if he wants money?If his idea is so good i am sure he can find investors…

ITS A JOKE THIS GUY IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN PROPECIA WITHOUT OFFERING ANYTHING LMAO

i never claimed just because he recieved a grant he will cure hair loss???

they are the ones who are making those claims because they obviously beleive in thier technology. we are trying to find out what technology they have to make claims like that.

im just stating getting grants from people like that is a positive, in that it may not turn out to be snake oil.

this thread and everything about thomas whitfield will be buried deep in the archives if they turn out to be a sc-am, you can be sure of that.

Shut your pie, hole its getting old really fast.

» i never claimed just because he recieved a grant he will cure hair
» loss???
»
» they are the ones who are making those claims because they obviously
» beleive in thier technology. we are trying to find out what technology they
» have to make claims like that.
»
»
» im just stating getting grants from people like that is a positive, in
» that it may not turn out to be snake oil.
»
»
» this thread and everything about thomas whitfield will be buried deep in
» the archives if they turn out to be a sc-am, you can be sure of that.

»
» im just stating getting grants from people like that is a positive, in
» that it may not turn out to be snake oil.

It may not turn out to be a snake oil but it sure started acting like one even in its preclinical studies!!! this whole set up sounds like the sites that sell jelgin programs to grow your penis!!!

GET REAL!!!

» gutted: there is nothing more to discuss regarding trx2 until the update,
» which is soon.
» ------------------
» Really?
» Let me guess how often YOU will bump this thread until this “big event”
» … :wink:

11x

A good number of people are too dumb to understand that NESTA funding means Whitfield’s work is a legit attempt on some level to do something for hairloss.

Whether he cures/treats MPB or gets nowhere at all with his research remains to be seen.

If every hair loss researcher is treated with disrespect, nobody will want to enter this field and you will all live the remainder of your lives butt ugly & die bald. Put Whitfield in the setting of a Bernie Madoff style fancy office in a private company and you’d be surprised how many of these dumb people will suddenly believe his work is 100% legit.

The guy is trying something for MPB. Regardless of the outcome quit trying to cut him down unless you have a treatment or cure yourself to present.

» The guy is trying something for MPB. Regardless of the outcome quit trying
» to cut him down unless you have a treatment or cure yourself to present.

how do u know ? seems like we have not much info about that, that’s the problem in my opinion

» »
» » im just stating getting grants from people like that is a positive, in
» » that it may not turn out to be snake oil.
»
» It may not turn out to be a snake oil but it sure started acting like one
» even in its preclinical studies!!! this whole set up sounds like the sites
» that sell jelgin programs to grow your penis!!!
»
» GET REAL!!!

i dont understand why we are going over whether thomas whitfiled is a sc-am or legit again and again, read the thread, my views have been expressed regarding thomas whitfield.

Before i completley dismiss him altogether i will wait until he releases his info, and some other people do agreee with me on this.

and iron man, it is not me who bumped the thread, and besides, im free to engage in any discussion on this forum as i wish.

» Regardless of the outcome quit trying
» to cut him down unless you have a treatment or cure yourself to present.

I have a treatment!!!Sent me 100 euros per month and i will let you know more…or basically nothing i am in stealth mode sorry!!!

…instead but i will sent you newsletters and HITS&TIPS about keeping your hair. dont laugh my hits & tips can reaaaaaaaally make a difference.

anybody?Anybody wants me to sent them hits& tips for your hair? Its only 100 per month…

Oh and i have free smaples, free samples are goood for you. you can use my sample it will last you a good 10-15 days…i know its nothing compared to the at least 3 months time period that treatments need to see if they actually work but…heck you can buy my products after the free sample finish!!!

Do you like my deal?

P.S.

QUOTING MY MENTOR from his site

1.please be generous the more money you sent me the faster the treatment will come to the market.

1. get full memberships OF 100 PER MONTH. WHY?because hairloss is progressive and until the time my treatment will be out you might have lost all your hair and then the treatment might not do you much good. but dont worry you can get earlier access by entering the clinical trials (if you are lucky) by paying 100 per month

I am not joking thats more or less what they say in the site lol

» I have a treatment!!!Sent me 100 euros per month and i will let you know
» more…or basically nothing i am in stealth mode sorry!!!

Great, do you have NESTA funding ?

Do some of the people on here have learning difficulties? as has been said a hundred times, we have the right to discuss whatever we want in a forum that’s called Hair Loss Research & Clinical Trials, if you have nothing constructive to add stay out of it, I couldn’t care less about a snake oil salesman like Dr Gho and I stay out of that thread for that very reason, that doesn’t stop some of the ridiculous people on here taking the guy seriously, if you wish to do that that’s your decision, you’re not children so I couldn’t care less about what you want to talk about.

Keep out of this thread if all you have is pathetic whining about things we already know and have discussed, you’re not telling anyone anything. We are all dubious about Whitfield but we have the right to listen to what they have to offer before dismissing it completely as a snake oil. Your moaning isn’t going to change that one bit.

Any more info from them so far Gutted?

» Any more info from them so far Gutted?

no nothing new so far. we’ll just have to wait until they’re ready to release thier update.

I don’t know if this was posted before in the other thread, I can’t be bothered to go through it to find out though, I found some posts on another forum from a year ago about this, I’ll put the posts up in full for those interested, the posters name is Ghetto.

More likely while he was doing his Phd on the Hepatitis C Virus p7 ion channel; vaccine development, biophysics, structural biology and drug inhibition studies, one of his test mice unexpectedly got all hairy, probably something to with ion channels, the same way that minoxidil is thought to work on potassium ion channels but maybe he figured out a better pathway- possibly using the SGK3 pathway which other researchers have noted as essential to hair bulb health. Good luck to him anyway

and then this was his second post replying to someone.

Just making an educated guess. Seeing as he is not bald himself I’m guessing that he was not driven to discover this therefore it was more likely an accidental discovery via his research. I did a google search on him. Turned up this:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/thomaswhitfield

“• DPhil (PhD) in Biochemistry: Structural and functional analysis of the Hepatitis C Virus p7 ion channel; vaccine development, biophysics, structural biology and drug inhibition studies”

One of minoxidils purported methodology of action was on ion channels. However more recently there has been a discovery that a deficiency specifically of SGK3 in knockout mice creates weak hair follicle bulbs that don’t mature and migrate down into the scalp, creating weak thin hair.

If you do a search of pubmed you can find quite a few references to the SGK family and their effect on potassium ion channels. So yes it may be a bit of a leap but I’m guessing he got an unexpected result in one of his lab mice either by opening up or blocking an ion channel and seeing unexpected growth and is trying to work it up into humans.