Some questions

Dear forum readers and practitioners,
I, as a hair restoration doctor, have been trying to get a few answers before offering this technique to prospective patients.

1. Will the color disappear after a certain period of time (as claimed by one of the practitioners)?
  2. Will the color fade (from black to bluish green seen in common tattoos) with time?
  3. If the color does not disappear, but the patient’s own hair color changes from black to white with age…is there a solution?
  4. Especially if the color disappears and has to be reapplied every year or so, have any toxicity studies been carried out?

Please give me link to peer reviewed published studies, articles or specific case studies that answer these questions? I would be grateful.

Regards,
Dr. A

What would Joe Biden look like.
From his pictures, he looks like he had a hair transplant for the frontal area and later proceeded to a Norwood 6 level of hairloss.
Now with grey/white hair in front and back he still manages. But if he had the complete vertex and crown filled with bluish-black dots…I don’t think that would be a comfortable situation. He cannot possibly color his hair black at this age and say his hair never turned white even at 70.
That is the scenario I am worried about before offering this line of treatment to my patients.

Therefore, I welcome any and all input to help allay my doubts.
Regards,
Dr. A

Are you referring to Scalp Micro-Pigmentation or Milena’s Trico-Pigmentation??

I would like to know about the entire spectrum. All options.

Good Questions,

From our experience and the information we received during our training With Milena. This information is based on our products used.

1. Will the color disappear after a certain period of time (as claimed by one of the practitioners)?
    Yes, the pigments will be moved out of the body by time. Please note that micro pigmentation is less deep then tattoe.

2. Will the color fade (from black to bluish green seen in common tattoos) with time?
    Color changes are always possible, but they are more likely to happen over longer periods of time. Non permanent pigments will fade more quickly and therefore the inherent risk is less.

3. If the color does not disappear, but the patient’s own hair color changes from black to white with age…is there a solution?
    This is probably one of the main reasons why we prefer non permanent pigments.

4. Especially if the color disappears and has to be reapplied every year or so, have any toxicity studies been carried out?

The pigments we use are brand new. They contain no heavy elements and have been tested by German labs.

If there are going to be new laws about banning toxic pigments we know that the ones we use will stand the test (that is why they have developed these pigments for).

Dear Bverotti,
I am sure you would have asked for verifiable studies. I would be glad if you can send me a link to the same. Mere verbal affirmations are sometimes insufficient.

Regards,
Dr. A

As far as I know the ink used in tattoo is not regulated and there is no FDA approval in the US, nobody really knows about the long term side effects of the ink.