Some of us at TB.T want to fund a trip to the 2015 hair loss congress

We need more donors. If you can help I think you should. If we can get enough
of us to contribute it won’t cost us much individually and this year’s hair loss
congress feels very hopeful and promising. Please chip in for this worthy cause.
The total expenses will be approximately $4,500 to $5,000 but we will get videos
of the presentations and hopefully we will get interviews with researchers just like
last year. We would be sending the same person who went last year (Desmond) plus Hellouser,
who is also a bright individual and skilled in video and stuff like that. Yes, it involves
sending Desmond from Australia to the USA but keep in mind that Desmond went last year so he
made communication inroads with the researchers. His videos from last year are used by some of
the researchers and researchers actually email him to communicate with him and let him know
that they will be going to the congress. A rapport has developed between Desmond and the
researchers so we should send Desmond back to this year’s congress to talk with the researchers again.
We want to send someone that the researchers trust and feel comfortable with.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]
We need more donors. If you can help I think you should. If we can get enough
of us to contribute it won’t cost us much individually and this year’s hair loss
congress feels very hopeful and promising. Please chip in for this worthy cause.
The total expenses will be approximately $4,500 to $5,000 but we will get videos
of the presentations and hopefully we will get interviews with researchers just like
last year. We would be sending the same person who went last year (Desmond) plus Hellouser,
who is also a bright individual and skilled in video and stuff like that. Yes, it involves
sending Desmond from Australia to the USA but keep in mind that Desmond went last year so he
made communication inroads with the researchers. His videos from last year are used by some of
the researchers and researchers actually email him to communicate with him and let him know
that they will be going to the congress. A rapport has developed between Desmond and the
researchers so we should send Desmond back to this year’s congress to talk with the researchers again.
We want to send someone that the researchers trust and feel comfortable with.[/quote]

Don’t you think you would get a measurable result if you invested the 4 to 5 thousand dollars towards counseling? At least then maybe the money would not be wasted. Of course, it might cost you twice that much to get a measurable result, but you are doing something positive with your money instead of throwing it away.

I’ll chip in five bucks.

I have great health insurance so I would not need to pay for counseling if I wanted it.

BTW I’m considering advancing the idea to the tb.t community that there should be a private forum for the videos, pics, and interviews (from the trip) to be posted so that only the people who contribute to the cause get to see the information that’s collected.

Now back to the real world: Do you want to contribute towards getting a couple people to the Hair Loss Congress who already have an “in” with the researchers, or would you rather sit in your hole, pound your pud, and wait until the congress is over and then whine and snivel about how you don’t know what happened at the congress and how you wish you knew what happened at the congress?[/quote]

I’d rather pound my pud and snivel on the internet. What in #*ck is a “Hair Loss Congress”? Just the name makes me chuckle. :smiley:

And why on earth would I contribute one red cent towards some putz going to it and shooting video?

Have you ever considered counseling? If not, please do.

Now back to the real world: Do you want to contribute towards getting a couple people to the Hair Loss Congress who already have an “in” with the researchers, or would you rather sit in your hole, pound your pud, and wait until the congress is over and then whine and snivel about how you don’t know what happened at the congress and how you wish you knew what happened at the congress?

[postedby]Originally Posted by Wylie[/postedby]

I’d rather pound my pud and snivel on the internet. What in #*ck is a “Hair Loss Congress”? Just the name makes me chuckle. :smiley:

And why on earth would I contribute one red cent towards some putz going to it and shooting video?

Have you ever considered counseling? If not, please do.[/quote]

You’re either stupid or you’re a troll or you’re both.

In any case, you’re a waste of time.

Now back to the real world: Do you want to contribute towards getting a couple people to the Hair Loss Congress who already have an “in” with the researchers, or would you rather sit in your hole, pound your pud, and wait until the congress is over and then whine and snivel about how you don’t know what happened at the congress and how you wish you knew what happened at the congress?

[postedby]Originally Posted by Wylie[/postedby]

Have you ever considered counseling? If not, please do.

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

You’re either stupid or you’re a troll or you’re both.

In any case, you’re a waste of time.[/quote]

Start a GoFundMe page for your “Hair Loss Congress”, and while you’re at it, nominate Joe Biden to be Master of Ceremonies. Let us know how it works out for ya.

Wylie, why are you spamming up the board with these stupid attacks?

The Hair Loss Congress is a real thing. Maybe you’re not losing your hair? If not, just get lost you f----- weirdo.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

The Hair Loss Congress is a real thing. Maybe you’re not losing your hair? If not, just get lost you f----- weirdo.[/quote]

Put your money where your mouth is and pony up.

The Hair Loss Congress is a real thing. Maybe you’re not losing your hair? If not, just get lost you f----- weirdo.[/quote]

He’s obviously an idiot and/or a troll. That aside, if you want to contribute
to sending Desmond/Hellouser to the congress to gather information and
interview researchers I can tell you how to contribute. If anyone wants to
contribute let me know because the more that will contribute the less each person
will have to come up with.

… Yes, it involves sending Desmond from Australia to the USA…[/quote]

Sounds like Desmond is not beyond trying anything for a free trip to the USA :smiley:

… Yes, it involves sending Desmond from Australia to the USA…

[postedby]Originally Posted by Skywalker[/postedby]

Sounds like Desmond is not beyond trying anything for a free trip to the USA :-D[/quote]

Desmond hasn’t asked to go to the congress. Desmond recommended other people
to go to the congress for us because he’s too far away. Desmond hasn’t even
agreed to do it. Some of us want Desmond to go because he went to last year’s
congress and as a result he has broken the ice with the researchers and some
of us see that as advantageous. But Desmond isn’t even agreeable to going.
We still have to ask him to go and he might say no.

When you badmouth Desmond and falsely accuse Desmond of trying
to get free travel you might cause him to reject the idea of going to the
congress, and of course that hurts all of us here because the researchers
would probably be more forthcoming with Desmond than any of the rest of us
since they have already met him. Plus, Desmond went the last time so he knows
his way around the congress.

So thanks for discouraging Desmond from helping us all.

I’m not really bad-mouthing Desmond - I don’t know his motives, I just found the whole thing of the ‘critical’ attendance of Desmond and the need to pay for his flight from Australia very funny :slight_smile:

I understand your point. On the surface it does sound funny but when you really
think about it, it does make good sense to send Desmond. Some of the researchers
actually still send Desmond emails. He must have left quite an impression on them.
Cotserlis/Follica uses Desmond’s video’s from Desmond’s last trip to the congress.
He has broken the ice with researchers and he knows what to do there and how
to do it. I think it’s to our advantage to send Desmond again. He did really
good the last time he went. You might think that any ole person could do this
but there are a lot of people who could screw it up and Desmond did it right.
And this appears to be a crucial time with all the talk about iPS cells, and
shishiedo and SM04554, and whatnot. I think we should have someone there who
knows what he’s doing. I think I’m right.

Not convinced the program of the HLC is aimed at or intended for lay people. Also, I think it’s kind of crazy and excessive to even consider the idea of funding someone who lives in Australia to fly to Miami to cover this. Why not get someone from Miami?

That said, people like Wylie are completely vulgar and worthless. If you disagree with an idea someone has proposed, explain why in a constructive fashion and propose alternatives. Don’t level stupid attacks. It just shows you’re a moron.

Not convinced the program of the HLC is aimed at or intended for lay people. Also, I think it’s kind of crazy and excessive to even consider the idea of funding someone who lives in Australia to fly to Miami to cover this. Why not get someone from Miami?

That said, people like Wylie are completely vulgar and worthless. If you disagree with an idea someone has proposed, explain why in a constructive fashion and propose alternatives. Don’t level stupid attacks. It just shows you’re a moron.[/quote]

To each their own opinion. I totally disagree.

Desmond’s trip to the HLC would only add the cost of air fare because anyone else you send is going to need a hotel anyway and the cost of the entry ticket for the HLC is $775 whether the person is from Australia or lives next door to the HLC. The air fare is about $1,000. Spread out among a bunch of people a thousand dollars isn’t much, and for that $1,000 you get someone who can and will do it, and do it right and the person might even rip us off in some way.

We already talked to someone who lives in the same town where the event will be and he wants us to have someone else do it. He said he wants someone who knows the sciences better to gather the information for the rest of us. And I’m sure that is partly why he doesn’t want to do it, but there could also be another issue…

Going to the congress and lugging equipment around, doing videos of the presentations, doing interviews, doing videos of the interviews, taking notes, getting all of the collected information together, and putting it into a cohesive package for everyone else to see, and making it available to everyone is a responsibility and it’s WORK. I don’t think many people would want to do all of this for nothing other than expenses. Most people who would go to the congress would figure that they could get the information they want without going through the hassle of gathering information for other people.

Would you do it Roger? Would you travel to the HLC, spend 4 days at the Congress to get the rest of us all of the information from the congress, video it and upload it for us all to see, interview researchers and get us all of that information, and take responsibility for doing it right, and get nothing but your expenses? I don’t think so.

The person would be gathering information that he wants but he would also be gathering all of the information that we want. He’s going to be collecting information and doing interviews for days even though he may only be interested in one topic like you’re only interested in cellular treatments. Would you go and spend days gathering all of the research information for the rest of us, even though you’re only interested in the cellular treatments? I really don’t think so.

Also, has anyone else established an “in” with Cotseralis and Atac?

Also, it takes the right personality to do this right. Lots of people could screw this up. Imagine a fool like Wiley talking to the HLC researchers for all of us, doing interviews, doing videos of ALL of the presentations (even the ones that seem boring to him) for all of us. What a laugh!

And then there’s the matter of integrity. If Desmond goes he will do everything that he can for everybody else. You can trust him. Again, imagine sending Wiley in place of Desmond. You can’t just trust anybody with this responsibility. When Desmond came back and shared his information I don’t think even 1 person was griping about how Desmond didn’t do this or didn’t do that. I don’t think even one person complained that he didn’t get this information or didn’t get that information. I don’t think was even one complaint about the quality of what Desmond did.

In your view, you can select almost anybody and count on that person to do all of this work, do it correctly, do everything everyone wants done, and do with integrity and professionalism, so there’s no reason to spend money on Desmond’s air fare ($1,000), but in my view if you send the wrong person that could result in the whole adventure becoming a flop, us not getting everything that we want, complaints, etc, etc.

In either case it will cost something. The cost of admission to the event is $775. Desmond went once and he says it would be best to have 2 people go because it’s a lot of work for one person. So if we fund 2 people to go we will need two tickets plus hotel plus miscellaneous. This will cost about $3,000 and if these 2 people don’t correctly do what we want done then we blow that $3,000. It seems to me that it’s less risky to spend the additional $1,000 for Desmond’s flight so we can be sure it’s done right rather than risk spending $3,000 and not getting it done correctly.

Like that old saying goes: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

That said, people like Wylie are completely vulgar and worthless. If you disagree with an idea someone has proposed, explain why in a constructive fashion and propose alternatives. Don’t level stupid attacks. It just shows you’re a moron.[/quote]

Lay people can go. Tickets to attend the event are $775 per person. You don’t want everyone going and crowding the place. Yes, it’s a good idea to have a presence there but if too many lay people were to go the HLC might decide to restrict it. I’m glad they’re charging $775 admission because that will keep most lay people away. We don’t need fools there. But inasmuch as lay people are allowed to attend it’s a good idea to have some eyes and ears there, and you want the people who go to gather information (for everyone) to do so in such a manner that the end result is as good as you being there.

Desmond went last time and he recorded virtually all of the relevant presentations, took great notes, interviewed researchers and got all of that information back to everyone. He got compliments from across the hair loss community. I’ve been informed that Follica is now using Desmond’s videos of the presentations. Apparently Desmond is in email communication with at least one HLC researcher because Atac emailed him to let him know that she would be attending the HLC.

In the above post I typed:

“Desmond’s trip to the HLC would only add the cost of air fare because anyone else you send is going to need a hotel anyway and the cost of the entry ticket for the HLC is $775 whether the person is from Australia or lives next door to the HLC. The air fare is about $1,000. Spread out among a bunch of people a thousand dollars isn’t much, and for that $1,000 you get someone who can and will do it, and do it right and the person might even rip us off in some way.”

I did not mean to say that Desmond might rip us off in some way. I meant to say that Desmond would definitely not rip us off in any way whereas someone else might rip us off in some way.

Australia is a long flight, you want to make sure he is fresh and rested for the Congressional Briefing, so an upgrade to First Class is probably a good idea.

Just a suggestion.