Small session

Has anyone ever had a very small session say fifty or a hundred grafts,i was thinking that maybe most docs would not want to do that small of a session because it might not be worth their time,i mean that would not ammount to very much money i need a very small number of grafts at my neck line the right side of my scalp was lifted to high by brandy because of a scalp reduction and now my side profile doesn’t look excatly right and i have to wear my hair longer than i would like to,thanks in advance to any who respond.

I highly recommend that. The only thing is, like you said, some doctors would not do that. Some will give you a small test session, but there will be a minimum charge of say $3000.

If you can talk your doctor into giving you a small session, that is the way to go.

I had a small touch up session with Dr. Gho, about 170 grafts. It was a good decision. The technique has evolved so rapidly the last couple years, I am glad I only used up 170 of my donor back then.

» I highly recommend that. The only thing is, like you said, some doctors
» would not do that. Some will give you a small test session, but there will
» be a minimum charge of say $3000.
»
» If you can talk your doctor into giving you a small session, that is the
» way to go.
»
» I had a small touch up session with Dr. Gho, about 170 grafts. It was a
» good decision. The technique has evolved so rapidly the last couple years,
» I am glad I only used up 170 of my donor back then.

lets say the guy does 60 grafts, minimum charge 3000 dollars = 50 DOLLARS PER GRAFT

at that minimum price , basically to get a decent normal price , they would also
if they were fair, say this is for a minimum of 1000 grafts, 3000 dollars

but 1000 grafts, to me is hardly a “test session”

so basically what you are saying is , many docs will do a test session if they can charge an unreasonably high price per graft

what a deal :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t say that is the norm for most doctors. Each has his own policy. But I do know some doctors do in fact has a minimum charge even if someone just wants to do a small session.

The numbers I gave ($3000) was just from my recollection, I do not know for sure.

» I highly recommend that. The only thing is, like you said, some doctors
» would not do that. Some will give you a small test session, but there will
» be a minimum charge of say $3000.
»
» If you can talk your doctor into giving you a small session, that is the
» way to go.
»
» I had a small touch up session with Dr. Gho, about 170 grafts. It was a
» good decision. The technique has evolved so rapidly the last couple years,
» I am glad I only used up 170 of my donor back then.

i’d like to get a small session eventually, like say maybe 300 grafts, but damn even that is likely to be over $3k. would 50 grafts even be noticeable??

Dr. Feller does what he calls “lunchtime” or “postage stamp” sessions of 200 FUE grafts for $1,600. I know little, if anything about Dr. Feller, his procedures, results or reputation.

Nate,
One of the benefits of FUE is we do not have a minimum number of grafts, as you would with a strip. Patients with early strip work often have concerns about their naturalness along the frontal hair line. These types of corrective cases do not need 500-1000+ grafts. We perform small cases, 200-500 grafts, for each individuals’ needs. Often times you will find one side of the hair line has better growth than the other. When this occurs we are capable of harvesting as many or as few grafts needed to correct the hair line.

Ok guys thanks for your comments,what i want to do is to use body hair but now after every thing i have read i don’t know if that is a good idea or not,I know 50 or a 100 hairs is not much but in the neck area where i need it i think it would be all i need,the area i need filled in is only about a square inch maybe less.

Nate,
Send us some photos of your frontal hair line and donor area in the neck. Once we receive your photos we will be able to give you an estimate of number of grafts needed.
Here is a link for loading photos:
http://http://www.globalhairinstitute.com/consultation.asp

Nate…

Someone will do 50-100 BHT test session for free or even something like $300. Do not go spending freakon 1600 to 3000 dollars for a small patch test like that.

And IMO you should wait on the BHT thing as it stands.

» Nate…
»
» Someone will do 50-100 BHT test session for free or even something like
» $300. Do not go spending freakon 1600 to 3000 dollars for a small patch
» test like that.
»
» And IMO you should wait on the BHT thing as it stands.

ya lots of guys do body hair test sessions of around 50 grafts. Just use some body hair and dont use any of your scalp donor, im sure you can get it for a decent price.