Silv - Italian patient repair transplant result (scalp, beard and chest grafts)

Patient details -
Nickname - Silv
Patient is a Caucasian of Italian descent.

Before coming to us, Silv had already undergone a hair transplant in Europe at some other clinic. He was not satisfied with the results.

According to Silv, he had chosen a famous hair transplant doctor who had performed HT for a head of state, assuming that he will get the best results. Unfortunately, that was not sufficient research.

The hairline was placed too low in the centre. Silv had to regularly shave the hair transplanted too low.

The railroad scarring in the scalp donor area prevented him from wearing his hair short/buzzcut.

Before pictures

Before pictures with long hair

Silv’s treatment was planned in multiple stages.
There were 3 distinct areas to be addressed

1. The too low hairline had to corrected by extracting the transplanted grafts
  2. The balding areas of the scalp had to be filled in
  3. The strip scar visibility had to be reduced

In stage 1, the grafts placed too low in the hairline were partially extracted. At the same time, scalp grafts were transplanted in some areas of the bald scalp.
Beard grafts were transplanted in the widest and least vascular part of the strip scar for the patient to evaluate the growth and benefit.
Before

Placement of beard grafts in the strip scar

After 2 year picture with hair grown long

After 2 year picture with hair buzzcut

More pictures and details in the coming days.

Thanks for all the before AND after photos. Results are definitely there, and I hope to see more camo for him. It looks like the scar color changed where the beard hair grafts are now growing. Was the scar too wide for a revision? I would have opted for that before any scar grafting. But, there is a noticeable cosmetic difference just by grafting that small area. Hope to see more results like these, and please keep us updated.

Following the succesful outcome of Silv’s initial session, he underwent a 3000+ FUSE graft procedure. The grafts were taken from the scalp and the beard donor areas.
The beard grafts were transplanted into the strip scar.

Silv was pleased with the progress and took pictures 5 months after his 3000+ graft procedure. He now keeps a much shorter hairstyle as the scar visibility has dramatically reduced.

After 5 months pictures

The railway track donor, is this what happened when the doctor closed the donor using staples?

» Following the succesful outcome of Silv’s initial session, he underwent a
» 3000+ FUSE graft procedure. The grafts were taken from the scalp and the
» beard donor areas.
» The beard grafts were transplanted into the strip scar.
»
» Silv was pleased with the progress and took pictures 5 months after his
» 3000+ graft procedure. He now keeps a much shorter hairstyle as the scar
» visibility has dramatically reduced.
»
» After 5 months pictures
»

»
»

I must say his scar looks really good now.:)earlier railroad look just freaked me out.

Very impressive results. I am quite pleasantly surprised to see it can look that good…

I’m wondering if he would be willing to cut it shorter to show us, or post more after pictures with different angles lighting. But from this angle/lighting, it’s quite difficult to see any significant oddities with the back of his head…

» The railway track donor, is this what happened when the doctor closed the
» donor using staples?

I think so, maybe Dr. A or someone can confirm this. I suspect even if the doctor gives the patient a top notch pencil thin donor scar, as long as the donor was closed using staples, the patient will end up with railway tracks all over his head.

» The railway track donor, is this what happened when the doctor closed the
» donor using staples?

Most likely. See for yourself how it is done:

Dear forum readers,
These are some additional pictures of the previous strip scar, taken 7 months after beard hair were transplanted into it.

Regards,
Dr. A

Dear Dr. Arvind.

Is the scar raised, or totally “flat”?

» Dear Dr. Arvind.
»
» Is the scar raised, or totally “flat”?

Dear Coolguy,
The scar was mildly raised in Silv’s case.
Regards,
Dr. A