Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Shedding - A positive sign

I see a lot of people worried about shedding after n-months on a program.

Don’t sweat guys, IMO it is a positive sign!

Think about it this way. Humans, unlike many animals, have hair-cycles that are not synchronised; our hairs fall out a few at a time, rest and start the growth cycle again. Animals typically shed their coats according to a seasonal clock; in spring or early summer.

Now, map this to what we are actually doing with Minox (etc) is that we are extending anagen, i.e. tinkering with our hair cycle.

I believe shedding is simply a natural side-effect of chemicals on the hair-cycle; we are synchronising our cycles.

Of course if you shed and don’t grow your hair back, then we need to talk about the elements of your program.

Well, original take…why not… How long should these shedding intervals last, though?

» Well, original take…why not… How long should these shedding intervals
» last, though?

I think it is dependent on the individuals hair-cycle, i.e. how long your anagen period is and how it is impacted by your supplements/topicals. For example, if I never cut my hair it would never get to grow beyond a certain length.

My point is simply that as we try to break our genetically programmed pattern, that we should expect some abnormal effects; shedding is just one of those that is associated with a greater level of synchronization in the hair cycle.

» » Well, original take…why not… How long should these shedding
» intervals
» » last, though?
»
»
» I think it is dependent on the individuals hair-cycle, i.e. how long your
» anagen period is and how it is impacted by your supplements/topicals. For
» example, if I never cut my hair it would never get to grow beyond a
» certain length.
»
» My point is simply that as we try to break our genetically programmed
» pattern, that we should expect some abnormal effects; shedding is just one
» of those that is associated with a greater level of synchronization in the
» hair cycle.

shedding is good depending on what your taking and some people do not recover from shedding and never get those hairs back.

Keep in mind that it takes anywhere from 3-6 months to see regrowth.