September 28th: First Robotic Hair Transplant in Canada

» Currently the robot uses punches 1mm or larger that is not good but then
» again any prospective patient that doesn’t know this by now is a complete
» dumb ass. These people that are not doing any research deserve what they
» get. How can we fast forward 7 years later and this is even up for
» discussion, I don’t get it.

I bet less than 0.1% of the public with hair loss knows what fue is. It is unlikely for anyone to know about these things unless you are one of those with no life and have to hang out in hair loss forums every minute of the hour.

i am planning on doing fue with dr rahal in the near future i hope he still is doing extractions of grafts by hand.
i wouldnt want that robot using that big of a punch on me.

» i am planning on doing fue with dr rahal in the near future i hope he still
» is doing extractions of grafts by hand.
» i wouldnt want that robot using that big of a punch on me.

These are things that you can easily find out and confirm in advance, you have complete control over the situation, nobody can force you if you don’t want to. Worst thing that can happen is you cancel the appointment.

The patient, Adamo, is of course fully informed. As are all patients.

I want to stress again that ARTAS is on trial. We aren’t saying that it’s necessarily the latest and greatest thing. It’s a possible addition to the options patients will have to choose from in the future. FUE using the hand-held extraction tool is still the method being used for FUE procedures.

Guys, Adamo is available himself to answer questions on his blog. You can address things directly to him.

I do not understand any of this. Why would anyone want a machine working on his head? I guess you would only do this if you have never had a hair transplant done before and maybe its free and lots of donor hair and can take a chance.

There are just too many things that can go wrong.

FUE done by a doctor takes time and precision. With many technicians.
Prove me wrong guys. I just don’t see it.

Please don’t get me wrong. I hope and wish adamo well.

What I see is a great benefit for the Doctor and not the patient, if it works. I hope this is a great new technology that provide spectacular results but I just don’t see it.

As far as i know Atras uses a 1.2 mm dull punch and up, It is also not as fast as the PCID and Manual Punch by Cole Instruments.
Personally and this is my opinion, i see no reason why doctors will want to use it other then the look of it which is impressing…i am not sure it’s even convenient as the patient need to lay with his face down the whole procedure…it has good marketing and i guess that is why some doctors will get it, so patients who specifically ask for it will have this option.
I guess if you have a stationary target like a car, a robot can do a great job assembling the car. However, with a patient every donor area is different and every time the patient breaths, his head moves. The Robot may have trouble keeping up.

Matt if donor areas are devastated by this robot will we ever see pictures posted. Judging by recent patient threads the patients too often seem to just disappear and the clinics offers no comment. One can then no longer trust the clinic when this happens. Much better to be open and honest so that we all can make better decisions I’m sure you would agree.

» As far as i know Atras uses a 1.2 mm dull punch and up, It is also not as
» fast as the PCID and Manual Punch by Cole Instruments.
» Personally and this is my opinion, i see no reason why doctors will want to
» use it other then the look of it which is impressing…i am not sure it’s
» even convenient as the patient need to lay with his face down the whole
» procedure…it has good marketing and i guess that is why some doctors will
» get it, so patients who specifically ask for it will have this option.
» I guess if you have a stationary target like a car, a robot can do a great
» job assembling the car. However, with a patient every donor area is
» different and every time the patient breaths, his head moves. The Robot
» may have trouble keeping up.

Forhair, any update about Dr. Cole’s meeting with Gho?

letting a machine do precision work is downright insane. someone should tell this patient to not do it.

»
» Forhair, any update about Dr. Cole’s meeting with Gho?

As we said before we tried to contact Gho office many times, i am sure he was aware about Dr. Cole’s attempts to contact him and i would also expect him to return a call, i guess he is extremely busy or maybe there is a different unknown reason.
I will check with the office on this progress.

» As far as i know Atras uses a 1.2 mm dull punch and up

1.2mm and larger :surprised:

You have got to be s****ing me…

» »
» » Forhair, any update about Dr. Cole’s meeting with Gho?
»
» As we said before we tried to contact Gho office many times, i am sure he
» was aware about Dr. Cole’s attempts to contact him and i would also expect
» him to return a call, i guess he is extremely busy or maybe there is a
» different unknown reason.
» I will check with the office on this progress.

There has to be an unknown reason why Gho is not accommodating. I have met Dr. Cole and he is eager to see for himself; what Gho has to offer.

Maybe he is intimidated by Dr. Cole? Maybe he is busy?

It seems to me that Gho has a great following, which could be effected if someone of Dr. Coles stature, finds out that Gho is blowing smoke up people’s you know what.

Gho has had past reputations, that are less than glorified. The longer he can keep someone from seeing the truth, the more money he makes, plain and simple.

I read many times in order to get an appointment with Gho you need to book a year ahead of time. That means he must be doing this day in day out, for a few years now right?

Where are all the pictures of true results? Not ambiguous results like those famous people he advertises. Where are all the pictures man?

Think of it in a business perspective for a second. If he had picture after picture of results what would happen to his business? He would take over the Hair Transplant industry.

If Gho is not to be substantiated, why is everyone so anxious for Cole to go there and find out his findings. Its not as if Cole is snooping. Gho has made it known that he would like to share and further his expertise in this break through.
He is charging for his findings and training right? So what’s the problem why is he holding up Dr. Cole. There has to be something fishy going on here.

» » »
» » » Forhair, any update about Dr. Cole’s meeting with Gho?
» »
» » As we said before we tried to contact Gho office many times, i am sure
» he
» » was aware about Dr. Cole’s attempts to contact him and i would also
» expect
» » him to return a call, i guess he is extremely busy or maybe there is a
» » different unknown reason.
» » I will check with the office on this progress.
»
»
» There has to be an unknown reason. I have met Dr. Cole and he is eager to
» see for himself; what Gho has to offer.

That is your interpretation to the “unknown reason” and it might be legit until he prove otherwise…

»
» It seems to me that Gho has a great following, which could be effected if
» someone of Dr. Coles stature, finds out that Gho is blowing smoke up
» people’s you know what.
»
Dr Gho is doing work on some very bald men - including celebrities - and has been doing so for many years now, I figure he has a great following now for a reason.

» Gho has had past reputations, that are less than glorified. The longer he
» can keep someone from seeing the truth, the more money he makes, plain and
» simple.
»
Nah, it is beyond that now, there are too many people having work done.

» I read many times in order to get an appointment with Gho you need to book
» a year ahead of time. That means he must be doing this day in day out, for
» a few years now right?
»
» Where are all the pictures of true results? Not ambiguous results like
» those famous people he advertises. Where are all the pictures man?
»
Actually a lot of pictures are on THIS SITE, I agree Dr Gho has been very poor at promoting his own work, he is a rubbish salesman - but the results are mounting up now.

» Think of it in a business perspective for a second. If he had picture after
» picture of results what would happen to his business? He would take over
» the Hair Transplant industry.
»
Nope, Dr Woods had that with FUE and was ignored for years. Dr Gho’s HST is more work for less money than FUT - and you would have to go to Dr Gho to to buy a franchise - none of the big names in the HT business are going to do that.

» If Gho is not to be substantiated, why is everyone so anxious for Cole to
» go there and find out his findings. Its not as if Cole is snooping. Gho has
» made it known that he would like to share and further his expertise in this
» break through.
» He is charging for his findings and training right? So what’s the problem
» why is he holding up Dr. Cole. There has to be something fishy going on
» here.
Again no, I suspect Dr Gho is fed up with having to try and prove his work - he is absolutely SWAMPED with customers. Credit to Dr Cole for being interested but Dr Gho is probably very busy setting up his new clinics abroad.

Glitch Double Post.

» Glitch Double Post.

How come his is booked one year ahead if it’s really hard to find his website, he is a poor business man as you said and his name is not really advertised anywhere other then this forum?

»
» How come his is booked one year ahead if it’s really hard to find his
» website, he is a poor business man as you said and his name is not really
» advertised anywhere other then this forum?
»

Well I would have thought that was obvious (although I don’t know that it is a full year ahead), if his procedure works as he says it does then it is miiiiiiles better than any other HT options available. Oh and his name IS all over the HT forums, I don’t know why you think it’s just here.

I will say I am surprised by the nature of your response forhair, it was unexpected, if that is your approach then I am not surprised Dr Gho doesn’t particularly want to discuss these matters with Dr Cole - in his position I wouldn’t either.

»
» I will say I am surprised by the nature of your response forhair, it was
» unexpected, if that is your approach then I am not surprised Dr Gho doesn’t
» particularly want to discuss these matters with Dr Cole - in his position I
» wouldn’t either.

the nature of my response on this one has nothing to do with Dr. Cole, i am just wondering how come a doctor claims he want to share his ideas and all the forum members want Cole to visit Gho and he is too busy to make this happen.

What?:lookaround: