Scary advice about Avodart in the UK

From the NHS website

Yes its not scary its the same with propecia or finasteride the only thing is that avodart or dutasteride stays in the body longer so if starting a family i would say lay off at least six months before but i would do the same with propecia just to satisfy my own worries.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by tinytim[/postedby]
Yes its not scary its the same with propecia or finasteride the only thing is that avodart or dutasteride stays in the body longer so if starting a family i would say lay off at least six months before but i would do the same with propecia just to satisfy my own worries.[/quote]

Doesn’t help with an unplanned pregnancy though.

Agree with the OP, very scary.

For all the years these products have been with us has there been any problems? just like spencer says these scare stories need putting to bed wheres the proof before making thse comments also are there any problems with the natural products that are supposed to help with dht lowering?do nor beleave everything you read on these forums is the best i can say for anyone new to male pattern loss.

The half life of dutasteride in the body is quite long.

I believe you have to be off it for as long as 18 months before its out of your system completely.

So stay off it for at least 2 years - if you want to get off of it.

Again I can’t remember the exact details so you’ll have to look it up before you take my word for it.

P.S I’m not a doctor.

Tinytim, these are not “scare stories” the stuff I posted above is official advice from the manufacturer, surely you agree that is a little more serious than a “scare story”

My point was that this official advice seems to only be printed in the UK patient information and not in other country’s so there seems to be some ambiguity which is not great for something which is potentially so serious is it ?

FWIW I have been on Propecia since 1997 and Avodart from whenever it first came out (can’t remember) and have had three children whilst being on the drugs (I only read the US patient advice) two girls and a boy and they are all fine FWIW